Shouldn't the Jedi tried something else?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Shouldn't the Jedi tried something else?

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Shouldn't the Jedi in AotC have rescued Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan, have some Republic gunships transport them all out, and then just use Acclamators to destroy the planet? Or was there some other reason for using the clones?
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shouldn't the Jedi tried something else?

Post by Wicked Pilot »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Shouldn't the Jedi in AotC have rescued Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan, have some Republic gunships transport them all out, and then just use Acclamators to destroy the planet? Or was there some other reason for using the clones?
The Jedi arrived long before the clonetroopers. While Windu knew Yoda was taking delievery of the new clone Army, he was probably unaware of their numbers, capabilities, or when they would show up. As to why the Acclamators did not destroy the planet, there is another thread with considerable discussion dealing with that subject here http://www.stardestroyer.net/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=1037
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

I like Doomriser's explanation best. But still, who would care that people trying to break away from the Republic died along with their thousands of.....DROIDS! Oooh....don't want to kill thousands and thousands of droids, do they? I guess now that I think of it, maybe destroying the planet is an extreme, but at least use the Acclamators to take out all of the droids on the planet. If they didn't land the ground forces, then they wouldn't have had to worry about shooting their own people. Even if the Jedi in the arena didn't know that Yoda was on his way, it doesn't affect the decision to evacuate all of them and then use the Acclamators and gunships.

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

They were trying to apprehend Dooku. Never know if he gets away or dies if you level the whole planet.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Dooku was right there in the arena. In fact, I remember all of the leaders being in the arena. Any of the Jedi could have told Yoda, and then Yoda would give out the described orders.