tie fighters run on solar power the eu says so

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sith God
Village Idiot

tie fighters run on solar power the eu says so

Post by Sith God »

tie fighters of all designs run on solar power according to the eu they say so, so it mus be true
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Oh wait he's posting idiot statments to start flame wars I get it now(After answear first two dumb posts that is)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sith God
Village Idiot

tie fighters

Post by Sith God »

thats what the eu books state
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

And this MAGIC EU book is where now? :lol:

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sith God
Village Idiot

solar power

Post by Sith God »

the essential guide to vehicles or some shit like that i dont have it anymore because i trashed it full of dumb shit, any how you would like it if you like the eu books it has everything from at-at to tank droid
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Solar cells that small wouldn't get you at large fractions of c, close to kiloton weapons or anything.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I think it does intake Solar power from solar cells...but TIE fighters are also equipped with the needed fuel and battery cells on the TIE. Solar Power is like a secondary power source for the fighter..

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Sith God
Village Idiot

how does that

Post by Sith God »

help in deep space?

where there is very little solar energy the panels would have to be a million times their size to collect any energy
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

I said a secondary power source in which TIEs may not fully have to utilized 100% of the time.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Sith God
Village Idiot

ties

Post by Sith God »

i'm just not sure of that i tend to agree with curtis saxton that these panels are like radiators because the ties are so small and the engines dont have the proper vents to vent out all the heat and they keep the fighter from melting in some sort of way
Soontir C'boath

The height of each T/LN solar panel is around 20 feet and as wide as ten ft. along with the technoligical advancements of several thousands years...I think they are a secondary power source...

And they might be radiators too but I say my opinion b/c i read off a ccg card lolz *canon?* that the TIE's solar panels can be modified to give a higher output to the laser cannons.

Cyaround,
Jason
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Soontir C'boath wrote:The height of each T/LN solar panel is around 20 feet and as wide as ten ft. along with the technoligical advancements of several thousands years...I think they are a secondary power source...

And they might be radiators too but I say my opinion b/c i read off a ccg card lolz *canon?* that the TIE's solar panels can be modified to give a higher output to the laser cannons.

Cyaround,
Jason

6x3 meter pannels won't absorb enough solar energy to power the laser cannons.
Bender and God, Futurama
Sith God
Village Idiot

Post by Sith God »

there you go. the interceptor, do you think it could support 10 laser cannons or just 4. Do you have anything with that info i would really like to know
Sith God
Village Idiot

ties

Post by Sith God »

i have to somewhat agree with thrawns statement they wouldnt absorb much solar power but i suppose they could if they were close enough to a star to receive enough charging to power some secondary system
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Please don't feed the troll fokes just moove along

Soontir C'boath

All right after getting into some stuff...i'll have to change my thinking and i'll concur with Thrawn and you Sith :)

Cyaround,
Jason
Sith God
Village Idiot

Post by Sith God »

what did you find??
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

BTW to whoever said the Tie Int. couldn't have 10 laser cannons:

A Tie Defender has 4 lasers, 2 ion cannons, 8 (or 12?) Concussion Missles and/or Proton Torpedoes, a really good shield generator, a class 1 hyperdrive, and is still 1/6 faster then a Tie Interceptor.
Bender and God, Futurama
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Oooh Admiral Thrawn
When was the Interceptor Devolpled?
When was the Defender Deveopled?
Thats like say
A P-51 Mustang should be able to go Mach 2, Carry Missles, Two Chainguns and Stay in the Air for Three Hours Because an F-16 Can!

;)
That was my logic behind that

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Mr Bean wrote:Oooh Admiral Thrawn
When was the Interceptor Devolpled?
When was the Defender Deveopled?
Thats like say
A P-51 Mustang should be able to go Mach 2, Carry Missles, Two Chainguns and Stay in the Air for Three Hours Because an F-16 Can!

;)
That was my logic behind that

The Defender was developed only a few years later.
Bender and God, Futurama
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Hmmmm....
Do we actually see all the 10 canons of the TIE/In being used in RotJ?
I'll look for that.
Supermod
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yep, I found a scene were the TIE/In is firing from the Cannons mounted between the wingtips:
After the AT-ST has shot the three trees during the ground battle, it's switched to space again.
It's after Wedge says:
"Red 3, Red 2, pull in!"
You see an A-Wing flying towards a MonCal, pursued by 2 TIE/In.
The second fires a shot from one of the canons located between the wingtips.
That should proof that the TIE/In has at least 8 cannons.
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

FOR GOSH SAKES THOSE ARE NOT CANNONS THOSE ARE LIGHTS ON THE WING TIPS CAPT FRANK!

And Thrawn

Oh oooooooooonnnnnnnnlyyy a few years later
As we know Years are mer specks of time for we mortals not like you could do anything in only a few years when you have an existing desgin you want to improve and modfiy

And the only motivation is a certain black cloaked figure who wants one for his personal ride. Nope I'm sure they could have gotten nothing done in those few years :P

There are cannons in the Wing inserts NOT on the Tips NOT on the cockpit

Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

You forgot the technological stasis SW tech is in, and the 'what you pay for is what you get' policy.
And the TIE/In and the TIE Defender both have their roots in the same basic design.
:wink:
And don't yell at me. If people yell at me, I start to cry :cry:
Supermod
Soontir C'boath

Re: reply

Sith God wrote:what did you find??
I found that a 24x31 foot panel only generates 50 watts....gosh that is soo low.

Btw...the TIE Defender was developed just before the Battle of Endor and was being tested during the Battle somewhere else.

Cyaround,
Jason
P.S.- CCG descriptions counts as official right? If not then screw what I said about the T/D