Next D2 patch to be huge.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Hamel, I meant huge in content.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

anarchistbunny wrote:Hamel, I meant huge in content.
I had the feeling you did, however I wanted to counter the "hey it's gonna be 100 megs like the HL patches" before they started

I play mostly HC, btw
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Hamel wrote: 5) I'm one of the 50 legit people on east :shock:
Well, I'm there too....so that only leaves 48 of us to be found :D
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Hamel wrote:Have you actually made a vindicator? They own all manner of shit outside the cow level.
Never played as a Paladin per say so no. :lol:
You could say i'm one of those Sorc/Ama whores. *avoid slings of dung*

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

The last time I played diablo 2 was shortly after they added a whole shitload of rare item prefixes and suffixes that resulted in hundreds of rare items being dropped that were absolute garbage. In the end it was like "oh, a rare, should I even bother?"
:D
Anarchist Bunny

From what I hear all rares will have 6 effects if possible, so that should help clear that problem up.
Wiilite
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

anarchistbunny wrote:From what I hear all rares will have 6 effects if possible, so that should help clear that problem up.
It isn't about the number of mods, its the quality and chances of getting good mods

It is possible to get "godly" rares that even approach the power of uniques and lower-end cruels, but

1) The mods have to be -->perfect<--
2) It should be ethereal, and since rares only have one socket, you can only zod them
3) It needs of quickness suffix

For a rare balrog blade that'd be godly you'd need

100 ED perfect master's mod
100 ED perfect king's mod
Screaming suffix (+.75 max dam per level)
Of quickness suffix (40 ias)
Another +dam suffix below butchery

I think rares can get six mods, but it isnt set in stone as you can definately get 1 mod rares

Even if you ended up with six don't be surprised if you get junk like 5% fire resists
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Hamel wrote:
anarchistbunny wrote:From what I hear all rares will have 6 effects if possible, so that should help clear that problem up.
It isn't about the number of mods, its the quality and chances of getting good mods

It is possible to get "godly" rares that even approach the power of uniques and lower-end cruels, but

1) The mods have to be -->perfect<--
2) It should be ethereal, and since rares only have one socket, you can only zod them
3) It needs of quickness suffix

For a rare balrog blade that'd be godly you'd need

100 ED perfect master's mod
100 ED perfect king's mod
Screaming suffix (+.75 max dam per level)
Of quickness suffix (40 ias)
Another +dam suffix below butchery

I think rares can get six mods, but it isnt set in stone as you can definately get 1 mod rares

Even if you ended up with six don't be surprised if you get junk like 5% fire resists
A rare can also be "godly" if it has +2 skills and +2 to a skill tree (or skill), but that's only certain types of course.

Edit: I'm one of the 63 legit players on USWest, account names are Lord.Sloth and T-Jay. I think. It's been a while.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Sriad wrote: Edit: I'm one of the 63 legit players on USWest, account names are Lord.Sloth and T-Jay. I think. It's been a while.

You westies have one fucked up realm

The white charms/rings/gloves put East's bugged and iths on a lower level
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

I switched to mods more than 1 year ago. Realms are as bad as
open today.
Anarchist Bunny

I'm Legit on both East and West. I like to keep characters on each Realm incase one is down for matinance.
Wiilite
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Thunderfire wrote:I switched to mods more than 1 year ago. Realms are as bad as
open today.
What do you recommend for mods?

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

To this day I've never got a SoJ in single player. Is it that common as people said it is on B-Net?
Ravencrow
Padawan Learner

Post by Ravencrow »

I've never gotten an soj either. It's only particularly important for spell casters. The realms are a chaotic place these days, a lot of them (sojs and other unique items) could be duped.
What do you recommend for mods?
I heard Middle Earth mod is pretty good. You can get it and other mods from Phrozen Keep,
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/index.php.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Rubberanvil wrote:To this day I've never got a SoJ in single player. Is it that common as people said it is on B-Net?
I've not found a single stone since my dii debut, and that was years ago

They're not necessarily duped either~ Here's what happened

People found out that if you brought a nagelring and a manald heal into the game, the next time a unique ring would appear it would definately be an soj

This worked on gambling, too~ if you had the mentioned rings you would get an soj if you ended up gambling a unique ring

Back then the chances of getting uniques while gambling were high compared to today, which is 1/100,000 chance~

However, you had the people that used packet sniffers to decifer what kind of item you were going to get before you actually gambled~ they would retry the gambling screen over and over until the packet sniffer showed that the ring was gonna be an soj~ Tens of thousands of players did this and that's why we have so many sojs. Even if all the duped sojs somehow disappeared (which they can't since they don't have an item id), you would still have tens of millions of them still sitting on old mules
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

EmperorMing wrote: What do you recommend for mods?
I am currently using gemstone. You should be
able to get it at the site posted by Ravencrow.
This mod has a slightly better class balance
compared to normal LoD.