NationStates

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Fear my Liberal utopia...That amazingly, has avoided corrupton

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ind ... ion=teryll
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I'm confused...how do we get militaries and stuff like that?
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Captain_Cyran wrote:I'm confused...how do we get militaries and stuff like that?
Read the FAQ. There's no war.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

neoolong wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:I'm confused...how do we get militaries and stuff like that?
I knew there was no war...but people on the forum keep talking about buying stuff and money and crap and it's confusing me as I don't see anything that I can do like that.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
neoolong wrote:
I knew there was no war...but people on the forum keep talking about buying stuff and money and crap and it's confusing me as I don't see anything that I can do like that.
Role playing.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Damn them for getting my hopes up like that, DAMN THEM I SAY!!

Where's my Hadoken...I need to fry some buggers..
Cyborg Stan
Jedi Knight

Post by Cyborg Stan »

Here's my nation.

CyKoLaJx

I used to like making up long phrases (1,2) for the currency and national animal, but they somehow put limits to it.
ASVS Vets Assoc, Class of 1999

Geh Ick Bleah

Avatar is an image of Yuyuko Saigyouji from the Touhou Series.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Last edited by Enforcer Talen on 2003-04-18 02:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Come to lovely Karathrustra, home of the Bugblatter beast, massive corporations, and enending laissez-faire economics!

don't trip over the starving masses on your way in.

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ind ... rathrustra

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

....Are you not going to do anything about the starving masses? We dnt have problems with poverty because everyone is well educated and can get any job they want...But there are starvng children in your streets :shock:
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Book publishing!!?? WHERE did my Uranium Mines and Weapons Factories go!!?
Image Image
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

---------------------------

"Only people fail, not the system."
The Dominion of Yog-Shoggoth is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Religion & Spirituality and Healthcare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 42%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yog-Shoggoth's national animal is the desert horned viper, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the y-credit.
---------------------------

:twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Companion Cube on 2003-04-19 04:46am, edited 1 time in total.
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

I had 3 nations but I got sick of having the same 6 issues pop up over and over again.
Oh well.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Welcome to Eizen, check your hopes at the door and surrender immediately.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

yeah, Im getting the same issues a lot as well, but Im edging into liberalness. hopefully they will change.

rare civil rights
thriving economy
rare political rights

to

very good civil rights
frighenign economy
rare political rights
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Empire of Eizen, Our Destiny is Clear

Some/Powerhouse/Outlawed

The Empire of Eizen is a enormous, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 536 million are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 72%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture.

All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, organ donation is compulsory, and euthanasia is legal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eizen's national animal is the Rancor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the SDNet Credit.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

:lol: :lol: Treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen...
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture.
What boggles my mond, is how you can have a black market in beef...or uranium mining..

"Where are you taking those cows?"
"Um...."
"step out of the vehicle please"

*at uranium mine*

"Oh shit the SS are coming"
"Quick get the tarps and put them over the huge industrial equipment!"

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture.
What boggles my mond, is how you can have a black market in beef...or uranium mining..

"Where are you taking those cows?"
"Um...."
"step out of the vehicle please"

*at uranium mine*

"Oh shit the SS are coming"
"Quick get the tarps and put them over the huge industrial equipment!"
ROFLMAO!!!

Scheisse! Ze Schutzstaffel are coming! Hide ze waffen, schnell!!
Image Image
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Ok, this just showed up on an outstanding issue, and I think it is excessively true for a chance occurance.
"We won't have a future unless we improve police numbers and rebuild the military," says General Chastity McGuffin. "Oh, it's all well and good to have your fancy education and your nice cars, until some tinpot dictatorship decides to invade. And don't pretend like there aren't any of them in SDnet. Our number one priority has to be security."
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

anyone else get excessive hatemail?

1yea fascist american dog
2Yea maybe but thats the only way america can win anything by outnumbering any nations army by 10 to 1. Cowards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3haha lol!! ur poor!!
keep on being a ___ u little loser, we love u anyway u pathetic worm

lots of love, gilT
4"cars are banned" - the American Empire subsidized cars at a rate of about $5 per gallon.

"the tenet of free speech is held dear" - see "Patriot Act"

"military funding has been stripped back" - the American Empire spends more on its military then all of the other countries in the world combined.

"progressive social policies in education and welfare" - Yeah, right.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Bahh I have awoken!. Now, whom shall I conquer?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

the people who send me hatemail. want their addies?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

anarchistbunny wrote:Ok, this just showed up on an outstanding issue, and I think it is excessively true for a chance occurance.
"We won't have a future unless we improve police numbers and rebuild the military," says General Chastity McGuffin. "Oh, it's all well and good to have your fancy education and your nice cars, until some tinpot dictatorship decides to invade. And don't pretend like there aren't any of them in SDnet. Our number one priority has to be security."
Why do you think that when that issue came up I choose to increase military and police numbers?
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Looks like I left the Empire of New Serenity alone for too long.