ID3v2.4 and PNG album art

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dragon Angel
Jedi Knight

ID3v2.4 and PNG album art

Post by Dragon Angel »

I manually tag my music files (all mp3), and I was wondering if tagging them ID3v2.4 would be worth it from now on? Are popular platforms these days supportive of it? (iOS, Android, etc. I don't really expect to have an individual mp3 player anymore, been using my smartphone for the last several years) Mostly, I ask because I'd always been told ID3v2.4 had problems with universal support...

How about PNG album art? JPEG is of course supported everywhere but I wonder if PNG is a viable option too.
"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin', while my thoughts were busy hatchin', if I only had a brain!
I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be would be a ding-a-derry, if I only had a brain!"
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: ID3v2.4 and PNG album art

Post by General Zod »

I dunno about ID3 2.3 vs 2.4, but everything I've used in the last 5 years supports png for album art.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."