Battlefield One: WW1

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Battlefield One: WW1

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I wouldn't be surprised by it.I'd hope they'd also put in one of the French anti Zeppelin interceptor blimps, which had 47mm and in one case a 57mm gun, but I'm not holding my breath. Most glorious air defense concept ever.

I also won't be surprised if the single player, because you know it will have single player, looks alike like the movie The Assassination Bureau's ending with the Zeppelin sword fight.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Single-player campaign. It's rather disturbing to see enemy soldiers standing still waiting for you to kill them because they were the ones in shell-shock.

Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Sgt_Artyom
Youngling

Post by Sgt_Artyom »

I don't think I've ever seen war look so brutal in a game before. I am 100% stoked to play this now.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The beta was super underwhelming; also only 9 maps in stock game as they shoved in hardline, so no way will I buy it until they offer a bundled discount.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Sgt_Artyom
Youngling

Post by Sgt_Artyom »

That's the problem with most multiplayer-centric games these days. They want to you buy the season pass, which costs as much as the damn game. Edition here in Canada with the pass bundled with the game is $160! Back in the day that would get you the big special edition with extra goodies like a figure or art or something.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

So...the game has been released, and some of the game modes are really fun. Operations is a blast because you feel as if you are really playing a single-player campaign with a massive army.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.