Next Paradox LP poll

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Next LP?

Option 1 - Thanas in the High Castle
11%
Option 2 - HoI 2 with Kaiserreich mod
16%
Option 3 - New CKII game
5%
Option 4 - New CKII game with The Winter King mod
10%
Option 5 - New EU IV game
5%
Option 6 - New EU IV game, custom nation of Thanasia
25%
option 7 - HoI 3 with great war mod
28%

Total votes: 61

Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: Next Paradox LP poll

Post by Alferd Packer »

EU4 - Start as Byzantium, restore the borders of the Roman Empire, then tag switch to the actual Roman Empire (they added the Roman Empire tag into the game with the latest expansion).

Although Thanasia would be fun, too.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
DaZergRock54444
Padawan Learner

Post by DaZergRock54444 »

He already did that. Started in CKII, ported the save up and went through to the end of EUIV.

The first part (CKII)
And the second (EUIV)

Though a new Thanasia might also be interesting.
Instead of foodservice equipment, let's play with large format projectors.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Yeah, but starting out as Byzantium on November 11, 1444 is a challenge. He was already the biggest nation in the world when he started that EUIV campaign, having already done the heavy lifting in CK2.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

A huge problem with regards to Darkest Hour: It does not support the steam overlay. Nor does fraps capture anything except a dark screen.

Anybody know how to take screenshots with darkest hour?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Does the old Print Screen + paste into paint method not work?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Purple wrote:Does the old Print Screen + paste into paint method not work?
I am not copy/pasting 1200+ images in addition to the two hours an upate takes to edit/write.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

I've been scouring google a bit and supposedly F11 should take screenshots as normal, it's just that the images will be deposited inside a different folder. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... ur.559728/

Can't test this though.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Darkest Hour takes screenshots with F11, at least on both of the laptops I've used to play it.

However

For some ungodly reason- no really, I have no idea why and I've been on PDox DH forums for as long as I've played it -you have to use print-screen for the big events/decisions. F11 won't take them.

For context:

^This, will need print-screen and paint.

^This, will not. Just F11, in theory.

EDIT:

And yes, they will be deposited in a screenshot folder of whatever mod you're using. WW1 scenario would be in Darkest Hour Full.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It shows images, but those are all corrupted/unusable. It does not seem to work.
------------
------------
My LPs
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Hm. That's odd. Every screenshot I've taken with the F11 method works perfectly fine, albeit saved as BMP files and needing converting to JPEGs for proper uploading.

Will test the WW1 scenario though, haven't used it in months and it may be bugged.

EDIT: Yeah, BMP or no, I just tested it. Screenshot deposited properly, opens with both image viewer and paint. So...I dunno what may be wrong there.

EDIT Mk II: However, it is also not saving them in a dedicated screenshot folder. It just drops the images in the main mod folder, right at the bottom.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I know all that.

This is how they show up when I open them:
http://imgur.com/3fm5x9s
------------
------------
My LPs
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Thanas wrote:I know all that.

This is how they show up when I open them:
http://imgur.com/3fm5x9s
Alright than, lets debug this. What format is it saving in? And what software are you using to open them? Maybe that's messing it up. Alternatively try running the game in compatibility mode for what ever OS was current when it was out.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Purple wrote:Alright than, lets debug this. What format is it saving in?

It says bmp.
And what software are you using to open them? Maybe that's messing it up.
I have tried paint (refuses to open any of the 27 files I have so far). Windows picture viewer - refuses to open them too. Then I have tried GIMP, which gives us this mess.
Alternatively try running the game in compatibility mode for what ever OS was current when it was out.
I tried running it in WinXP and 98. I also tried it with less colours (changed to 16 bit and to 8 bit). No luck.
------------
------------
My LPs
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

Drop box can be set up to grab and save screenshots, but I can't remember if it does it to print screen grabs or f11s. Might be configurable. I use it on occasion to grab shots so I don't have to go finding the picture later.
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Honestly given that other people aren't having issues it sounds to me like you have software problems on your end. Maybe a corrupted installation? You should ask around on their support forum.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It might be that my integrated graphics chip or my Nvidia Geforce are not compatible with getting screenshots from Darkest Hour and/or Kaiserreich mod.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs