Dragon Age:inquisition question

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Dragon Age:inquisition question

Post by Lord Revan »

I now love to see how the Dragon Age story goes in the latest game I only got a PS3 and PC and my PC isn't really a high power gaming rig either (I got a GT 740 and about 12 GB of normal RAM)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Re: Dragon Age:inquisition question

Post by TheFeniX »

There's nothing particularly impressive looking about DA:I.

You should meet the recommended specs. The 740 should do you just fine, but you may have to tone down some settings, if there even are any. The game was also released on PS3 and 360, so as long as the port isn't fucking awful (that's a dice roll with both Bioware AND EA), you should be more than fine.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

btw is there a way to recover/change your password for the account you need the keep since I made my DA account way back when I brought DAO and DA2 and put it on out login so I kind of forgot my password.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Darth Quorthon
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Quorthon »

When you try to log in to Origin there's a "can't access account" option that directs you to a page to reset your password. That's on the Origin app on PC. Anywhere else, I got nothing.

As to the game itself, to me it feels like Dragon Age 2, but way fucking bigger. Some of the story stuff and companion side quests were kind of cool IMO, but a lot of the side-quests feel pretty tedious and after awhile it felt like playing a solo MMO at times. Although I was kinda bummed that I ended up
Spoiler
Sacrificing Hawke.
"For the first few weeks of rehearsal, we tend to sound like a really, really bad Rush tribute band." -Alex Lifeson

"See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now." - Valentine McKee

"Next time you're gonna be a bit higher!" -General from Birani

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H. L. Mencken

He who creates shields by fire - Rotting Christ, Lex Talionis
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Darth Quorthon wrote:When you try to log in to Origin there's a "can't access account" option that directs you to a page to reset your password. That's on the Origin app on PC. Anywhere else, I got nothing.

As to the game itself, to me it feels like Dragon Age 2, but way fucking bigger. Some of the story stuff and companion side quests were kind of cool IMO, but a lot of the side-quests feel pretty tedious and after awhile it felt like playing a solo MMO at times. Although I was kinda bummed that I ended up
Spoiler
Sacrificing Hawke.
yeah I found about it myself as for the spoiler I've not gotten that far thought I might have blown my chances to romance SeraSpoiler
by siding with mages and offering a full alliance
but then I can always try to get Iron Bull (Blackwall or Josephine don't really intrest me as romance choices and as I play a fem Qunari the rest are unavible for me)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

just a few questions now that I've gotten pretty far into the game, first of should I level myself to level 20 before doing "Here lays the abyss" mission (I'm lvl 17 atm) and also where I could find nice mage armor that a Qunari can wear (or the pattern to make some) as well as a nice staff for my inquisitor (or again pattern to make one) I got a 96 DPS fire dmg staff atm (purple quality one) but I would prefer to get a better one if possible.
Darth Quorthon
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Quorthon »

I don't remember what level I was when I did "Here Lies the Abyss" but I'm pretty sure it was under 20, since I seem to remember stumbling upon the dragon in The Storm Coast, seeing he was level 19, and quickly running away as I was 17 or so, and I seem to remember that was after I did that mission. As to a mage staff, I think one of the shops in Val Royeaux (sp?) had some nice ones, also choosing the "mage schematics" inquisition perk got me some nice stuff. I think Solas and Dorian were running around with crafted Dragon staves I got for pre-ordering the game for awhile. Spoiler
I definitely recommend cleaning out Emprise du Lion once you get to like 21 or 22, as there are three dragons on the east side of the map that you can get to after you have the bridge repaired, and they all drop pretty nice stuff.
As for me, I finished the game yesterday, after just under 83 hours. Spoiler
I thought the ending, and the final battle, were lackluster. I was level 23 and walked right over Corypheus. I guess the journey is more important than the destination, and overall I was satisfied. The fetch quests got boring, but I found most of the story and companion side quests entertaining.

I lost three members of the Inquisition, all told.
Cassandra is the new divine.
Solas is, well, you'll see, more than he seemed to be. Sets up a sequel/expansion/DLC whatever, for sure.
I left Blackwall to face his crimes, rather than use the Inquisition's influence to get him out.
After the end, you can keep going and finish up whatever, but I saw no need to. Losing Blackwall and Cassandra left me without a true tank, as my main guy is a rogue, so the only option is to convert Iron Bull to a tank.

I romanced Josephine, and to my dismay I learned she's about the only one you don't get to see naked.

I'll probably do another playthrough at some point, with a different world history from the dragon age keep. This time I was pretty merciful and lenient, next time I'll be a lay-down-the-law off-with-their-heads type.
"For the first few weeks of rehearsal, we tend to sound like a really, really bad Rush tribute band." -Alex Lifeson

"See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now." - Valentine McKee

"Next time you're gonna be a bit higher!" -General from Birani

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H. L. Mencken

He who creates shields by fire - Rotting Christ, Lex Talionis
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I took the dragon at hissing wastes and she (all winged dragons are female) dropped a nice armor for Solas (only elf trained companion) and Cassie as Blackwall had a decent armor as it was and I prefer to travel with Cassandra and it was human trained only armor so Bull couldn't use it and I'm sure you can do that mission without being level 20, just wondering is it worth the effort if all you get is crap that might have been good 5 levels ago.
Spoiler
I kind of like it that not all romances end with or have nudity, IIRC Cullen romance has no nudity either (though I've only seen Youtube vids), intrestingly Cassandra romance does have nudity even though Cassandra is at very least 36 years old and more likely in her early to mid 40s she joined the Seekers as an adult and the events of the film "Dawn of the Seeker" which happen after she joined are aid have happend 18-20 years ago and DA seems to consider adult to mean 18 or over meaning even if the film happend quite soon after Cassandra joined the seekers (not impossible as she's clearly a junior member still in training during the film) and the events happend 18 years ago she would be still a year older that media generally considers to be "too old" for women, that's nice since even though Cassandra is well preserved they make no secret about her true age