Legacy of the Void Trailer Released

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Legacy of the Void Trailer Released

Post by Darth Yan »

So at Blizzcon the trailer for Legacy of the Void was released; we get some more plot details, and all I can say is it screams Final Showdown. Maybe the final game in the series honestly. It doesn't need to be connected to the other games and can be bought alone, the stakes are higher Spoiler
the dark voice, amon is pretty much confirmed as the final boss
and it pretty much screams End of the Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMSMDX5iQc
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: Legacy of the Void Trailer Released

Post by Vendetta »

In terms of the amount of Fuck Yeah embodied by the trailer I don't think it beats Heart of the Swarm, but I still want them to get on and release this sucker.

From the sounds of it the gameplay might, ironically, be similar to Dawn of War 2, they're going for the presentation of the Protoss as captain badasses, each one worth an army of lesser beings etc, so I suspect it might well be heroes + support as your primary campaign armies.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

Darth Yan wrote:it pretty much screams End of the Universe
Not really surprising considering that one vision you play as a hold-out mission in Heart of the Swarm where the Protoss create an Ark to preserve life.

And is it just me or does that female templar with Kerrigan sound like Jennifer Hale / femShep?
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

This game looks fucking epic, but HotS soured me on Starcraft II pretty heavily. Yeah, it looks good, but Blizzard has burned me before. I'll probably wait for a few reviews to come out before buying rather than pre-ordering like I did with WoL and HotS.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

I actually really loved Heart of the Swarm. Kerrigan was far more well rounded than she ever was in brood war (she was just some bitch most of the time who did evil things for evilness.....). In HOTS her motives were more sympathetic (she genuinely feels vengeance is all she has left and she doesn't take sadistic pleasure in it either as seen by how she expresses guilt after Lasarra's death.) She also undergoes actual character development. Gameplay wise it ruled, story wise....could have been better but still had a lot to like.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Despite playing Starcraft when it first came out I only purchased SCII this year when it was discounted. So I am going to wait for reviews before buying since I don't play that many games. I am interested notably because it seems that the story will finally reach its end. Hopefully it will involve kicking Xel'naga butt.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.