Powerpoint question

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Powerpoint question

Post by Chardok »

lets say I have two text boxes in powerpoint 2007 - I want to type in one and have that text duplicated in the second one as I type. How would one accomplish such a feat?
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Powerpoint question

Post by madd0ct0r »

not sure. you could have both slaved to a cell in excel, so it'd show up what you type once you press enter, but that's neither the answer nor the program
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Making name tents. when I type in the top text box, I want it to duplicate that in the bottom text box (Upside down)
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

oh, ok,so it dosen't need to be dynamic, you just want one to equal the other?

5minutes
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

and done.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/641 ... Ctemp.xlsx

if you select the text box, it shows the cell it points to in the formula bar. So you can have the name list on on page and all the printing stuff on the next sheet. I just left them together to make it easier to see it work.

Hell, you cloud probably do this just by formatting excel cells to be huge, heavy outline and every other one with rotated text. That'd be even easier to mass produce.