Webiste build reccomendation?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Webiste build reccomendation?

Post by madd0ct0r »

I want to build a website. Possibly a cooperative wiki. MVP is a front page with a list of events and a place to download hosted pdfs

Any suggestions?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
TronPaul
Padawan Learner

Re: Webiste build reccomendation?

Post by TronPaul »

As a software engineer, whenever I have a problem I think how could I build that. Don't (I have trouble following my own advice). I highly recommend looking for existing solutions that would fit or mostly fit your needs. Building web applications starts off being easy, but ends up getting annoying really fast. I'm still learning this after seven or so different projects.

In terms of what to use I'm not sure. You could stuff a google drive folder with the PDFs for hosting and embed the folder view or link into your page. I tend not to use calendar services but I'm guessing some calendar/planning services can spit out a list view rather than an actual calendar.

Good luck
If it waddles like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a KV-5.
Vote Electron Standard, vote Tron Paul 2012