World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Darth Yoshi »

So, I somehow managed to get Top Gun in my ELC. http://wotreplays.com/site/979998
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I really do wonder why people hate on the Super Pershing so much. I just got mine, and it's a blast. Kicking a lot of ass, too.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Because it used to be way better. The front armour used to be trollvincible to just about anything same tier or lower.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Vendetta wrote:Because it used to be way better. The front armour used to be trollvincible to just about anything same tier or lower.
It's still pretty damned bouncy. I've got steel walls in tier nine fights with the thing.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Bloody thing's got reliably exploitable weak spots frontally and it pays too much speed for anything short of nigh invulnerability in one aspect, especially with the anemic pen.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Steel walls aren't an uncommon medal, but what about getting steel wall in an AMX 75?

Battle: Winter Himmelsdorf
Vehicle: AMX 13 75
Experience received: 2,240 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 27,822
Battle achievements: Steel Wall, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "3rd Class"

Hits Taken: 14
Penetrating: 8
Non-penetrating: 6
Damage Blocked by Armor: 890
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Its x5 weekend and I'm done with gamescom part 1, part 2 70% done as well.
Didn't notice the mission at first but getting a LTP + a garage slot is nice nevertheless.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

It seems many players are complaining that MM doesn't take player skills into account.
If it did, 40% players would fight against other 40% players and over time their win rate would close in to 50%. Thing is, the same would apply for 60% players. Their win rate would gradually approach 50% as well and then old 40% players and old 60% players would meet once again, lingering just below and just above 50% WR, but now it would be more difficult to see the difference between bad players and good players.

One solution could be to let players with fewer than 500 games play against other players with less than 500 games and give them a chance to more enjoy the game instead of being cannon fodder, but players with duplicate accounts would work against that.

I think that the current MM is quite good, actually.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

The MM has to have loose criteria since not everyone is online at the same time, probably.
--
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

How to play the Type 59. I'm the one in the little window. At the end, I was pinned between a Ferdinand and another one, so I had to remain still until help came.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

Will someone tell why the VK 30.01 is considered a heavy tank? It has terrible pen. Can be be pend by anything and can't go toe to toe with anything its own class and actually have a chance in hell of winning. The fuck?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Because they had to put something at tier 5 for German heavies.

Also, when you say "terrible" pen you are actually talking about the tank with the highest penetration at tier 5, which can convincingly penetrate most if not all tier 7 heavies frontally if you aim right.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

gigabytelord wrote:Will someone tell why the VK 30.01 is considered a heavy tank? It has terrible pen. Can be be pend by anything and can't go toe to toe with anything its own class and actually have a chance in hell of winning. The fuck?

I long for the long ago days when the VK 36.01H was a overweight medium tank and not a underweight heavy.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

AniThyng wrote:
gigabytelord wrote:Will someone tell why the VK 30.01 is considered a heavy tank? It has terrible pen. Can be be pend by anything and can't go toe to toe with anything its own class and actually have a chance in hell of winning. The fuck?

I long for the long ago days when the VK 36.01H was a overweight medium tank and not a underweight heavy.
They didn't really change the tank much by making it a heavy, at least IIRC. I haven't tried it again recently, but it seemed to work just as well after the patch as it did before it at the time.
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Post by darthkommandant »

I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a elite pz 3 with good crew but can't decide between the 75 mm with he shells and the long 50 mm with ap shells? Any help or advice would be appreachted?
Tiger II fanboy
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

darthkommandant wrote:I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a elite pz 3 with good crew but can't decide between the 75 mm with he shells and the long 50 mm with ap shells? Any help or advice would be appreachted?
Both guns can do work, so play with them both and keep the one you like better. I personally like the 50mm better as it scales into higher tier games better than the 75mm, but in low tier games the 75 can wreck the lightly armed foes you'll face. The 75mm is also slightly better for keeping enemies tracked and for hunting artillery where as the 50mm is better for dealing with scouts and other more nimble tanks.

Really it comes down to what you enjoy doing and what you're good at.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

If you're interested, don't know if the thread for this wave of warships apps got linked:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index. ... _p__380190
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

OK, My Little Seal Clubber still does good after the nerf:

11 is the new 6. I used so long time to get my first Top Gun. Always 5 kills, but never 6. Now, I have quite a number of battles with 10 kills, but none with 11. I've been close a number of times, and if I've taken a few more chances on the battles above, I could have gotten 11 or 12 kills, or getting killed long before, but I try to play a bit safe, especially after the nerf.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

FUCK YEAH! 11 kills! Finally. An awesome battle that first looked like a losing game. I got quite a bit of damage in the beginning and my gun got knocked out twice, but me and an AT-1 totally ruined the day for the enemy team. We had all the kills among us. I got to make a video of this, but in the meantime, enjoy this replay. :lol:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1358213#himme ... rntsen-t18
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

By the way, I figured out something funny a few weeks ago. If you have an AMD graphics card (I have a 5970), sometimes, it will not enter 3D-mode (increased CPU- and memory speed) if there is any flash animations in the web browsers. When I turned off the browsers while playing, my fps went up quite a bit. You can check the current speed in the AMD Catalyst Control Center under Performance->AMD Overdrive.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Here is a video of the battle. It was a bit jerky with unsynced sound on my end. Do you guys experience the same thing?

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

OK, I had a game with 3 trolling jarheads. They shot at each other, and when I looked at them, wondering what was going on, they started to shoot at me. I did fairly well and shot them as they turned blue. My platoon mate saw what happened and came to the rescue. Together, we annihilated them. Our team still won, despite 5 of the tanks not being part of the battle right away.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1385339#self

BTW: It feels a bit lonely in here. Nobody plays WoT anymore?
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

I do but I've always been a soloist.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Same here, I've reached higher tiers and sometimes the grind is painful. Not as many good games as in lower tiers. Had a match yesterday where I got killed by Quickybaby so I checked his stream later. He was talking to Jingles and Ikzor and casually killed me. Didn't see him.
--
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I faded out of it for lack of time, then didn't fade back in when I started having more time again. I still think about firing it up once in a while, but at this point I might as well wait until the point when I get a better computer- those who've frequented the thread will remember my grousing about hardware limitations.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov