Spoilers*Record of Lodoss War, Advent of Cardice*

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Spoilers*Record of Lodoss War, Advent of Cardice*

Post by Demiurgas »

So, in ROLWAOC, (Try to say that three times fast) when the reincarnated Beld kills Kardis, she rips out his heart and shows it to him before they both die, saying "I think that I should torture your soul for all eternity". Before he yells, "NOOO" and dies. But, an old man finds his corpse and says, "We will meet again in the other world, and on that day, I will share the chalice with you."

. . .

So did he go to Hell with Kardis, as it suggest when she tore out his heart, or, did he go to a good afterlife? :/
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Re: Spoilers*Record of Lodoss War, Advent of Cardice*

Post by Alkaloid »

:shock:

Wut?
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

The adventurer in Record of Lodoss War, fro the Dreamcast, is the reincarnation of Beld. When he kills Kardis at the end, she lives long enough just to rip out his heart and promise to torture Beld's soul for all eternity.

So I don't get the ending. If Beld is going to be safe with the Old Man in the Other World, then how is Kardis torturing him forever?
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Any chance of an explanation that doesn't just raise more questions?
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Ah, well I should have known to put a clip in the Youtube to just explain it more, but I thought that maybe a few people on this forum had played the game.
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Demiurgas wrote:So, in ROLWAOC, (Try to say that three times fast) when the reincarnated Beld kills Kardis, she rips out his heart and shows it to him before they both die, saying "I think that I should torture your soul for all eternity". Before he yells, "NOOO" and dies. But, an old man finds his corpse and says, "We will meet again in the other world, and on that day, I will share the chalice with you."

. . .

So did he go to Hell with Kardis, as it suggest when she tore out his heart, or, did he go to a good afterlife? :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUEJplLbOWg
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

ITT Social experiment: What happens if I treat something tragically obscure with the same flippant assumption of familiarity as something commonplace.

Turns out that it is easy to support with evidence the hypothesis that people will go: "Wut?"
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

But who else other than Star Destroyer Net and other such forums would understand what "Ia Ia Cthulhu Ftaghn" means?
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

We don't all know what that means, is the thing. Even if there are a higher percentage of people who do here than elsewhere, it's by no means absolute.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Eh, okay. Point.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Demiurgas wrote:But who else other than Star Destroyer Net and other such forums would understand what "Ia Ia Cthulhu Ftaghn" means?
People who are literate in 20th century horror fiction, and the influence that H.P. Lovecraft had thereon.

Protip: This is larger than the number of people who are familiar with a niche RPG for a long dead game system based on an anime based on a manga based on some guy's D&D campaign*

*Srsly.
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Eh. . .

On the other hand, no matter how obscure Record of Lodoss War is, almost no one that I know of knows what Cthulhu is. Record of Lodoss War, the game, is 11 years old. Not 90 years old. Could work for or against me there, but that is immaterial to the point I've conceeded to your argumenalready.