Batman Arkham City GOTY Harley's Revenge

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Batman Arkham City GOTY Harley's Revenge

Post by FaxModem1 »

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... y-edition/
"Harley Quinn's Revenge" Included in Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition
Posted by: Rocco DeMaro | 04/23/2012 at 11:00am

We've finally got confirmation of the heavily-rumored Harley Quinn content coming to Batman: Arkham City.

It's called, "Harley Quinn's Revenge" and it'll be included in an upcoming Game of the Year Edition of Arkham City, which releases May 29 for PS3 and Xbox 360 in North America.

If you'd like to purchase Ms. Quinn's content separately, you'll be able to do so May 29th (PSN) and May 30th (XBL).

Sarah Wellock @rikkusarah

Date Amendment: Harley Quinn's Revenge will be available individually May 29th (PSN) and May 30th (XBL). Apologies for the confusion!
23 Apr 12

Retweet
Favorite

From the Warner Bros. press release:

The final chapter in Batman: Arkham City adds more than two hours of fresh gameplay to the critically-acclaimed interactive title.

The Harley Quinn’s Revenge mission sends players back into Arkham City to face their final challenge as they interchange between playing as both Batman and Robin. Gamers must utilise each of the characters' unique combat and investigative skills to uncover Harley's vengeful plan and shut the gates on the urban mega-prison forever. In addition to experiencing a new storyline, fans can explore new environments and face-off against Harley’s all new gang of thugs.

In addition to "Harley Quinn's Revenge", Arkham City's GOTY edition will come with the Robin Bundle Pack, the Catwoman Pack, the Nightwing Bundle pack, the Challenge Map Pack and a set of alternate skins.

It'll also come with a download code for the Batman: Year One animated movie.

It seems the availability for our European friends won't be quite as timely. From the European press release:

The expanded version of the award-winning blockbuster videogame developed by Rocksteady Studios is scheduled for release in the UK on 7th September, for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Fans who already own an original boxed edition of Batman: Arkham City can experience the new gameplay by downloading the Harley Quinn’s Revenge Pack, which will be available in all international markets beginning May 30 in the PlayStation®Network and in the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360.

Rocco is an associate editor at GameTrailers.com. He may be the last human on Earth who hasn't played Angry Birds. He's also responsible for the Side Mission Briefing Podcast, so have a listen / blame him. Follow his tweets @RoccoDeMaro.
If this keeps on continuing, I may as well just wait a few months on all my game purchases, so I can get the ultra editions of all games.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Re: Batman Arkham City GOTY Harley's Revenge

Post by evilsoup »

That's what I do (or it was, when I had a modern games console). Fallout 3 for £15 etc.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Well thank Thor, they're making an expansion based on the most annoying and least interesting character.

There must be better ways to milk this game.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

FaxModem1 wrote:If this keeps on continuing, I may as well just wait a few months on all my game purchases, so I can get the ultra editions of all games.
I only ever buy older games these days; the gameplay experience is usually just as good and they cost half as much, or less. Much less. Even when I was a pretty active gamer I never came close to playing everything that was out there, so I still have a lot of options.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

The only reason to buy games new is for multiplayer, which normally drops off within a year.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Yeah, and if you wait a while, the dev team will have gotten around to making a few patches, too.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

The catch is when you buy this game you have to look at this cover.

Yes that's the actual cover.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

BUY OUR GAME ALL THESE PEOPLE WE PAID LIKED IT
Best care anywhere.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

evilsoup wrote:The only reason to buy games new is for multiplayer, which normally drops off within a year.
For years, I was sure that if I ever went in for online multiplayer it would become a horrible time sink that would ruin my productivity.

World of Tanks has not done anything to disabuse me of this notion.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

evilsoup wrote:The only reason to buy games new is for multiplayer, which normally drops off within a year.
Let's not forget wanting to play them. That's a pretty good reason to by a game when it comes out.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Man that cover needs big red letters which say '5 OUT OF 5 MOST SEXIST GAME OF THE YEAR'.

Strictly speaking it probably wasn't, but top five material.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Stark wrote: Let's not forget wanting to play them. That's a pretty good reason to by a game when it comes out.
Moreover, wanting to play them when all the buzz and discussion about them is fresh because the game is recent, so you can join in with talking about them.

I've been considering getting Arkham City, playing silly DCUO has left me in the mood for more batmang type punching business, and it's going pretty cheap these days (probably cheap enough that getting it and the DLC will be cheaper than waiting for it to have another go at full price later in the year).
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Ford Prefect wrote:Man that cover needs big red letters which say '5 OUT OF 5 MOST SEXIST GAME OF THE YEAR'.

Strictly speaking it probably wasn't, but top five material.
I don't know shit about this game, mins going into some detail?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Losonti Tokash wrote:I don't know shit about this game, mins going into some detail?
I can be too lenient on fanservice, but you know Catwoman? When there were just pictures I thought 'well okay her costume isn't exactly progressive, but it's just a costume, they can do cool things with her character'. But then she turned out to be a slinking, purring caricature of a woman. Like it's one thing to be a femme fatale - and frankly that's not necessarily a valid character archetype any more - but Catwoman was so patently designed and played to titillate that it was disgusting.

On top of that, there's the regularity of the use of the word 'bitch' to refer to both Catwoman and Harley Quinn. Like it's all you overhear from people wandering around the place, bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. I mean we shouldn't shy away from words if we want to convey a tone or atmosphere, but it gets gratuitous rapidly, and it's loaded with uncomfortable stuff.

Bruce reportedly enjoys beating Harley up, too. I can't confirm that, because after twenty minutes of watching the game in action I knew I wasn't going spend money on that trash.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yeah, Catwoman was definitely meant to be titillating to the extreme. She at least has her own alternate ending if you choose the greed option in her DLC. As for Batman beating Harley, it's when she attacks him. And it's usually one punch, to stop her attack, then they talk.
There's also Talia Al Ghul and the League of Assassins, who are strangely all female.
There's also Oracle, who is still just a voice, like Alfred is in this game.

Femme Fatales aren't valid, why is that?(I'm honestly curious.)

As to Tokash, the game is basically a lot like the first one, only bigger, and with more side stuff to do. If you haven't played the first one, Arkham City is basically a bit like Grand Theft Auto, in that it's a sandbox game where you can do main storyline missions and side missions, or you can fart around collecting stuff and beating up various gang members trapped inside the prison of Arkham City.

If you're a Batman fan, it's a lot of fun. If you like Sandbox games, it's fun. If you like puzzles, it's fun. If you don't like any of these, it's not the game for you.