Fall of Cybertron Trailer

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Fall of Cybertron Trailer

Post by CaptHawkeye »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2 ... all/724684

So, this makes me pretty happy. The game High Moon did for Dark of the Moon wasn't awful, but it wasn't a proper sequel to War for Cybertron and really made me realize the Bay look should stay in the Bay movies. War for Cybertron had its own look, while it was a shame the levels are environments all looked like shit, the character models and transformations looked great. (PA brought up the organic look and movements of the Transformers when in vehicle modes which I also noticed) They also got the characters down, IE, Megatron being massively egotistical, Starscream being an opportunist, Bumblebee being scrappy etc.

Basically what they need to fix are the environments and level design. I'd complain about the writing but honestly I felt the first game fell squarely into "so bad it's good" area of writing. lol hammer fortress lol. Other than that just have more of everything, more weapons, more mods, more Autobots and Decepticons.
Best care anywhere.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Re: Fall of Cybertron Trailer

Post by Sriad »

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. Great trailer, hopefully they can figure out how to make levels less monochrome.

...and I'd like to see Simon Furman brought in for writing so it'll be So Transformers it's Transformers. ;)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Furman hasn't been writing well for 15 years.

I just hope they understand that DotM was War for Cybertron only broken, and that WFC's multi died because of MW2 and not because it was crap.

Well, shotgun aside. :lol:

The redesign for the character system looks pretty cool, but I am totally uninterested in what I've seen of the story. Yet more scripted action sequences, ho hum, Bumblebee supposed to be important, etc snooze, press a to punch Starscream, sigh. They even stripped out coop because hey, you can't have a good story AND coop, right? WAY TOO HARD.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I couldn't hear the trailer but it looks good. If only they created a T.V. series based on FoC.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

I remember in a cutscene or something they showed Cybertron has a ton of undeveloped moons nearby it and the Transformers obviously possess space flight ability. They should use those moons as an excuse to vary the environments more with things like forests and shit.
but I am totally uninterested in what I've seen of the story. Yet more scripted action sequences, ho hum, Bumblebee supposed to be important, etc
I just want more straight-faced hilarity like Zeta Prime.
Best care anywhere.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Stark wrote:Furman hasn't been writing well for 15 years.
In my mind I know you're right, but that doesn't stop my heart. :P
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Just as long as we get more space slugs, I'll be happy.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

All the on-rails sections will be even more annoying because there's no coops to get you around it. I bet the team AI will be real good. 8)
edaw1982
Padawan Learner

Post by edaw1982 »

Aiming a little low there ain'tcha? Gotta get him in the throat doncha know.

Bayformers, Transformers: Prime.
Did people really hate Bumblebee's perky interactions with the Token meat-bags that much that the writers who grew up watching Transformers back in the 80s, want to silence him now?

Hell, if you're gonna hate that, you should also hate Bee's inconsistant height (he can fit inside a human-scale building one minute, the next he's 10 feet tall).

But regarding the game, I hope the characters move more fluidly in bot-form.
"Put book front and center. He's our friend, we should honour him. Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt-nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornment. Jayne! Try not to steal too much of their sh*t!"