The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

Post by General Zod »

Borderlands is going for $10 on Steam. You've got no excuse to not play this game.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

10$-20$ is about what I thought Borderlands was worth. Is any of the DLC worth a damn since all of it is 3$ each?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Mr Bean wrote:10$-20$ is about what I thought Borderlands was worth. Is any of the DLC worth a damn since all of it is 3$ each?
General Knoxx is excellent (I'd say better than the main campaign), and Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is fun but not as satisfying as Knoxx. Moxxi's is good if you've got a group, otherwise it's not really made for single player. Either way you can sink a fuckton of hours into the game.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
TC27
Youngling

Post by TC27 »

Mount and Blade Warband is 66% off at the moment on Steam - well worth it IMO.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Company of Heroes is 75% off this weekend on Steam - you can pick up the complete pack for $12.50, the original for just $2.50, Opposing Fronts for $5, and Tales of Valor for $7.50.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Telltale games has released a bundle for charity, ends September 10th.
The Great Adventure Bundle 2010 is here. Telltale has teamed up with some awesome partners to bring you six great PC adventure games for only $19.95. A portion of your purchase - 25% - will go to charitable causes, including Child's Play, The World Wildlife Fund, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Nyota e.V., and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Games in the bundle include Daedalic's The Whispered World, Deck 13's Jack Keane, Activision's King's Quest Collection, and Hothead's Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 1. The Great Adventure Bundle 2010 also includes two bonus games from Telltale - Puzzle Agent and Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - which will unlock as more people purchase the bundle.The Great Adventure Bundle is only available for a limited time, so pick up your digital copy before it's too late! Note it's for PC only. Certain restrictions apply. See Terms of Sale for details.

The Great Adventure Bundle 2010: 6 Great PC Games, 5 Great Causes, only $19.95? Let's do this!
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
elsielefe
Redshirt

Post by elsielefe »

"I would advise NOT buying this game at any price."

Hey what is your reason why not to buy the game. I think the game is cool and im sure i will gonna have fun playing.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Star Wars Battlefront II is $5 at D2D today only.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Steam is doing another week long sale of Lucasarts games. The Force Unleashed Sith edition for 7.50$ More games coming the rest of this week. Here's to hoping for a dosbox port of Xwing VS Tie Fighter.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

As if they'd ever acknowledge that they once made good games. I am just hanging out for Battlefront 2 to go cheap so I can at least pretend.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Used copies of Alpha Protocol are going for $18 on Gamefly. In case anyone is curious about the game. (Just snagged a copy myself.)
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

elsielefe wrote:"I would advise NOT buying this game at any price."

Hey what is your reason why not to buy the game. I think the game is cool and im sure i will gonna have fun playing.
Good luck trying to find a multiplayer match. As I believe was said previously, you could just play any other AAA "tactical" FPS (I'm very positively anticipating Black Ops), or if you'd actually wanted what OFP: DR would pretend to be, there's the original Operation Flashpoint and the ArmA series*.

* Regarding Codemasters, my opinion of 'em on DR compared to BIS with ArmA is akin to my feelings re: Infinity Ward vs. Treyarch... though of course hopefully Treyarch's actual result is much better.
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition (Episodes 1 & 2; HD and regular versions all bundled together) for $10 (down from $39.99), expiring on 27 September, 2010.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

L4D 1&2 are on sale on Steam for a "limited time" as of today. You can get both in a bundle for $10 or buy them individually for $6.79.
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Telltale Games are giving away the first episode of the new Back to the Future Adventure Game. They're also going to be giving away a Sam & Max episode starting tomorrow as a Halloween Gift.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Metro2033 is on sale for 66% off on Steam. I don't think you'll see a cheaper price until next year's Xmas deals I'd get it, good game for 14$

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Mr Bean wrote:Metro2033 is on sale for 66% off on Steam. I don't think you'll see a cheaper price until next year's Xmas deals I'd get it, good game for 14$
It's 30ish in Australia due to THQ being price gouging bastards...
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Big Halloween sale for this weekend, lots of Halloween-themed games are 50-75% off through Monday.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Frontlines is on sale now. My advice, even at this low low price? Don't.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

weemadando wrote:Frontlines is on sale now. My advice, even at this low low price? Don't.
Then why post it here? There's plenty of games on sale that might be worth the money. (Overlord 1&2 for $7.50). :P
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Turns out FEAR 2 is going for $5 on GFWL. http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/GA ... rigin.aspx
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

As mentioned before, Telltale are giving away Sam & Max - Night of the Raving Dead for free for Halloween.
Whiplash
Padawan Learner

Post by Whiplash »

Purchased Mad World for $9.99 last week at gamestop. Wii owners get to it.
Downward fucking dog! ~ Travis Touchdown
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

It's good if you appreciate that sort of thing. My thoughts on it can be found here.

For $10 though? If you want a brawler on your Wii, go right for it.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

It's good if you appreciate that sort of thing. My thoughts on it can be found here.

For $10 though? If you want a brawler on your Wii, go right for it.