Stan Lee has died

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Stan Lee has died

Post by ANGELUS »

Source
Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee dead at 95
By: WJBF Staff
Posted: Nov 12, 2018 01:51 PM EST

Updated: Nov 12, 2018 02:05 PM EST

(WJBF) - Stan Lee, the creator behind many Marvel Comics characters, has died at 95.

According to TMZ, as well as The Hollywood Reporter, Lee was transported from his Hollywood Hills home Monday morning and was taken to the hospital where he later died.

Lee started at Marvel Comics (then known as Timely Comics) in 1939 as an assistant. He became editor-in-chief in '41 at the age of 19. He stay in that role until 1972 when he became publisher.

In the 1960's he, along with Jack Kirby, created a number of now legendary comic book characters beginning with The Fantastic Four and later Spider Man, Black Panther, the X-Men, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man and many more.

He is survived by his daughter, Joan Cecilia
Today the universe got a little bit darker :(
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Re: Stan Lee has died

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

That's sad, I assume the next Avengers film will be dedicated to his memory as his final film appearance.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Aw hell.

But Avengers 4/Infinity War Part II is a heck of a note to close out the most brilliant career in comics on.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

I'm glad that Stan Lee lived long enough to see his creations spread to other forms of media, proving that comic book stories aren't just for kids. In fact some of his stories and characters pushed the creative envelope and destroyed many stereotypes.

RIP Stan Lee. :(
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Yes, he lived to 95 and achieved resounding commercial and critical success by creating beloved characters who have left an indelible mark on our culture, and will remain long after he is gone. Its terrible that he's gone, but he certainly made the most of his time on this Earth.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Lee.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

He got to see his brainchild reach never before seen hights.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

It didn't let me edit: they need to do a fast and the furious type send off for him, maybe the watchers calling him home or he's revealed to be the-one-above-all.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

He had one damned`good run.

Excelsior, Stan!
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Marko Dash wrote: 2018-11-12 03:43pm It didn't let me edit: they need to do a fast and the furious type send off for him, maybe the watchers calling him home or he's revealed to be the-one-above-all.
They did show him talking with The Watchers in Guardians vol 2. The joke was he's Earth's Watcher.

However they show him in the Avengers and Capt Marvel, he'll be amazing. Hell, he may have already filmed the cameos for Spiderman 2, right?

........ Damn I'm gonna miss that old man. :(
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Nobody left an impression on the industry like he did, and the enthusiasm with which he stayed involved to the end (even if it was only cameos) was breathtaking. Rest in Peace, Stan the Man Lee, in the knowledge that your legacy flourishes
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Farewall to a industry legend. Well the Stan Lee cameos will forever become portrays now.

RIP to the comic master.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!