Dylann Roof sentenced to death

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death

Post by General Zod »

Even if he was mentally ill that's not good enough to save him from the death penalty. The criteria is whether or not he was capable of distinguishing right from wrong at the time and that certainly seems to be the case.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

If he was able to distinguish right from wrong then he deserves the death penalty but I would have liked that known for certain. If he was fully cognizant of his actions I might not be willing to pull the switch myself but certainly I wouldn't stand in anyone's way. But again, I'd like to know for certain. Did he have a mental break, did he become so withdrawn he lost touch with reality, is his mental state any better now when he's attempting some sort of suicide by state? Was he just some "normal" radicalized moron willing to kill and die for his cause, was he fully aware of what he was doing and the wrongness of it?

These are questions that should have been asked and answered before the trial concluded.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Joun_Lord wrote:If he was able to distinguish right from wrong then he deserves the death penalty but I would have liked that known for certain. If he was fully cognizant of his actions I might not be willing to pull the switch myself but certainly I wouldn't stand in anyone's way. But again, I'd like to know for certain. Did he have a mental break, did he become so withdrawn he lost touch with reality, is his mental state any better now when he's attempting some sort of suicide by state? Was he just some "normal" radicalized moron willing to kill and die for his cause, was he fully aware of what he was doing and the wrongness of it?

These are questions that should have been asked and answered before the trial concluded.
No, that's what the 12 ignorant piss smelling fuckwits from off the street get to mull over after the trial, as we let juries decide sanity/insanity in this long failing republic based on the testimony of expert witnesses who use at least 7 words a paragraph that said fuckwits empaneled on said jury don't know and yet have too much pride in their ignorance to ask what said words mean. Then they'll be deadlocked on Friday afternoon at about 2:30 (aka finished with first 6 pack of bottled donkey piss on a normal Friday) and decide to "leave it in God's hands" and flip a coin.

And no one deserves state sponsored murder unless they are a governor of a state who has signed the death warrant of someone executed who is later found to be innocent.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw