Clinton's email excuses are falling apart

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Re: Clinton's email excuses are falling apart

Post by TimothyC »

Flagg wrote:So killing 22 people vs 1500 is ok?
:roll:
Flagg, think about this. On one hand we have 22 emails over eight years where we have classified material being sent over unsecured systems. On the other hand, we have someone who sent everything over an unsecured system, and has been changing her story.

Also remember, 1500 is the floor. We don't know the contents of the emails that were never handed over. But you know, vast right wing conspiracy and all that.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

TimothyC wrote:
Flagg, think about this. On one hand we have 22 emails over eight years where we have classified material being sent over unsecured systems. On the other hand, we have someone who sent everything over an unsecured system, and has been changing her story.

Also remember, 1500 is the floor. We don't know the contents of the emails that were never handed over. But you know, vast right wing conspiracy and all that.
If it's wrong for Hillary then it's wrong for Powell and Rice. That's the bottom fucking line. But since this is just one more disingenuous Republican witch hunt, like Bengazi, Whitewater, Vince Foster, and every other Clinton "scandal", it's much ado about nothing until proven otherwise.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Flagg, you're essentially arguing that because they didn't prosecute people for certain crimes in the past, they shouldn't prosecute someone for those same crimes today. Or that if they go after someone today, they need to go back and whack everyone who's ever committed the same crime in the past. So basically, if a cop gunned down a black guy 10 years ago and got away with it, we shouldn't even bother bringing any charges against cops today if they shoot a black person. You really don't want to go there.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

aerius wrote:Flagg, you're essentially arguing that because they didn't prosecute people for certain crimes in the past, they shouldn't prosecute someone for those same crimes today. Or that if they go after someone today, they need to go back and whack everyone who's ever committed the same crime in the past. So basically, if a cop gunned down a black guy 10 years ago and got away with it, we shouldn't even bother bringing any charges against cops today if they shoot a black person. You really don't want to go there.
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. If the DOJ decides to charge her for crimes and then prosecute, then I assume they have actual cause and I don't take issue with that.

My issue is with the usual Republican bullshit congressional hearings going after her for purely political reasons. Like the never ending Benghazi bullshit. My position is that it just can't be taken seriously because it's not about holding her "accountable" or stopping the practice of having classified shit on private email servers. Why? Simply because if it was, then the Secretary of State who did the exact same thing the day before Obama was sworn into office in 2009 would also be testifying before the Redundant Republican Cuntish Congressional Pussy Persecution Hollow-Headed Hearings.

So basically, I don't take issue with actual criminal investigations (other than the fact that it'd be nice if in 2009 they had gone after the fascist monsters who gave blatantly false "legal" opinions, approved, gave the orders to, and practiced the abhorrent and brutal methods of torture for tortures sake since anyone with a functional brain knows it doesn't actually work, but at this point it's essentially too late and will be another "gold star of evil shit" now part of America's long list of hypocritical evil shit) and eventual prosecution, should it take place, which I sincerely doubt will happen.
I take issue with the Usual Suspects in Congress replaying the embarrassing and fruitless persecution of a Presidential Candidate with the last name "Clinton".
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

TimothyC wrote:

Timothy's right. It is plausible that there are a certain number of false positives involved, whether from information being declared secret after it's been in the system for a while or because the same information was obtained from multiple sources. But if those false positives run into the dozens, that doesn't explain Hillary's running into the thousands.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Mr Bean wrote:The FBI confirm the investigation
Also note the wording, Hillary has maintained this is a security review on her server. The FBI says they are currently investigating matters related to Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server.

That's not the language of a security review... that's the language you use when you've already found something and your getting your ducks in a row before charges are going to be filed.
Now is pretty much when people start making bets on what she herself was careful enough to send I guess?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Grumman wrote:
TimothyC wrote:

Timothy's right. It is plausible that there are a certain number of false positives involved, whether from information being declared secret after it's been in the system for a while or because the same information was obtained from multiple sources. But if those false positives run into the dozens, that doesn't explain Hillary's running into the thousands.
Yeah, it's also 8 years after the fact, so there very well may be hundreds (1500 isn't "thousands") of Powell and Rice emails that fit the same category as the ones alleged against Clinton. But you know, Democrats didn't have a vendetta against either of them and start Congressional hearings the second they were able to in order to score political points.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Flagg wrote:
Grumman wrote:Timothy's right. It is plausible that there are a certain number of false positives involved, whether from information being declared secret after it's been in the system for a while or because the same information was obtained from multiple sources. But if those false positives run into the dozens, that doesn't explain Hillary's running into the thousands.
Yeah, it's also 8 years after the fact, so there very well may be hundreds (1500 isn't "thousands") of Powell and Rice emails that fit the same category as the ones alleged against Clinton.
Being 8 years after the fact would make the number of false positives increase, not the number of genuine security breaches. If, for example, Powell openly discussed something that the CIA later tried to have classified ten years after the fact - information ten years out of date - it would be fucking stupid to hold Powell's lack of prescience against him.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Grumman wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Grumman wrote:Timothy's right. It is plausible that there are a certain number of false positives involved, whether from information being declared secret after it's been in the system for a while or because the same information was obtained from multiple sources. But if those false positives run into the dozens, that doesn't explain Hillary's running into the thousands.
Yeah, it's also 8 years after the fact, so there very well may be hundreds (1500 isn't "thousands") of Powell and Rice emails that fit the same category as the ones alleged against Clinton.
Being 8 years after the fact would make the number of false positives increase, not the number of genuine security breaches. If, for example, Powell openly discussed something that the CIA later tried to have classified ten years after the fact - information ten years out of date - it would be fucking stupid to hold Powell's lack of prescience against him.
No, what I'm saying is that 8 years after the fact the same type of emails and private system Clinton is alleged to have used have more time to disappear. So my stance is that it's more than likely that any possible "evidence" against Powell and Rice would disappear over time deliberately or accidentally, as opposed to Clinton's. Especially since the Republican jackals were all over her the second her resignation took effect.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Flagg wrote: Too bad you can't get jail time or fines for blatant strawmen.
Big words from the guy who claims that "no one gave two shits about it when other people did it". Tu quoque much? Or can only you whine about fallacies?
Then why have they not hauled Conaleeza Rice and Colin Powell in the hearings when they did the same fucking thing, you imbecile? Oh right, because it's another Clinton witch-hunt.

Or, OR! it wasn't well know(in fact Clintons acitons weren't well known until the past year or so) and there's a significant difference between people who have largely left public service and someone who's trying to convince people that she'll be a lawful President.

And the fact that you would face fines or jail time while cabinet members don't is a valid issue. Maybe you should write your congress members and demand that they hold all officials to the standards you are, no matter thier last name or party affiliation.
Actually, I have sent letters to my (D) rep about it, and I got a "get fucked here is a generic form letter about information security" in response. Same from Kaine and Warner.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

While both a political and a valid security issue, there is another angle. That of over use of classification of information in government. Not every memo needs to be classified, thereby just having the damned thing shouldn't be a breach. This is a vast subject, with multiple layer, I understand, but interesting to bring up.

Just because a government flunky writes something on a gov computer and sends it to their boss should not make it classified and a crime to have a copy. Obviously, the government needs secrets and a lot of things should be classified and breaching that should get you into trouble but I would submit the sheer vastness of shit that is classified is silly and going after everyone who has a memo about government smoe having a shit is equally silly.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I just flat out don't believe that Congressional Republicans would really give a shit, let alone hold hearing after hearing about emails on a private server if a cabinet member without the last name Clinton were the one allegedly involved.

But as I've repeated time and again, if the DOJ finds prosecutable wrongdoing, then by all means, prosecute.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Add three more SECRET level emails and 80 CONFIDENTALs to the pile of classified stuff on Hillary Clinton Private email server.

This stuff however falls within Hillary Clinton's classification authority because the classified emails deal with State Department negotations which to be fair make sense to classify AND Hillary Clinton as Secretary for State has classification authority over.

However as demonstrated by the release the reason for the delay of the release of the last 7000+ emails is not because "they forget" but instead because "they must redact" as in Hillary Clinton has thousands of classified emails on her private email server and we need to redact all of them because if we do a direct document dump we will be violating US law ourselves.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

The State Department IG came out with a new report and it does not reflect Clinton in a positive light at all. No permission for the server, telling staff to shut up when they brought up concerns, evidence of attempted intrusions, etc.

If the Democrats have any shred of competence, they'd start looking hard at an alternative to Hillary if they haven't already. Bernie 2016!

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
bobalot
Jedi Council Member

Post by bobalot »

Exonerate wrote:The State Department IG came out with a new report and it does not reflect Clinton in a positive light at all. No permission for the server, telling staff to shut up when they brought up concerns, evidence of attempted intrusions, etc.

If the Democrats have any shred of competence, they'd start looking hard at an alternative to Hillary if they haven't already. Bernie 2016!
Actually, it says she did basically what Secretaries before her did. Apparently, this is not in line with Department policies but it is curious that nobody seemed to have cared until now.
Forbes: State Department Report On Email Vindicates Clinton Rather Than Nails Her wrote:The report released Wednesday by the State Department Inspector General on its email records management is being reported as heavy-duty criticism of former Secretary Hillary Clinton. However, the report has more in it that vindicates Clinton than nails her.

It does not add any new serious charges or adverse facts. And, it shows she was less out of line with her predecessors, notably Colin Powell, than has been charged. Powell’s handling of his email was so similar, in fact, that when House Republicans drag this issue through hearings up to Election Day, Powell should be called as a witness – a witness for Clinton. To put it differently, she is having a double standard applied to her. Here are five key aspects of the report.
You can read the rest of the article through my link above. So like Vince Foster, White Water and Benghazi. It's much ado about nothing. It hasn't stopped the BernieBros from jizzing their pants though.
"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi

"Problem is, while the Germans have had many mea culpas and quite painfully dealt with their history, the South is still hellbent on painting themselves as the real victims. It gives them a special place in the history of assholes" - Covenant

"Over three million died fighting for the emperor, but when the war was over he pretended it was not his responsibility. What kind of man does that?'' - Saburo Sakai

Join SDN on Discord
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I like how someone can look at report which states that..

1. Secretary Clinton and her people lied to the support staff saying her setup was approves.

2. Secretary Clinton IT person shut down her server because of an active hacking attempt, this was not reported to the network security team (Let THAT sink in)

3. One of the better parts, at the same time as she was using an unsecured private server her department was disciplining officials for using private email accounts.

4. Despite record keeping rules to the contrary she deleted those 30k emails and she was told at the time State had to review the emails not her. So she was told she could not delete the emails that State had to review them... then she reviewed and deleted them anyway.

5. Secretary Clinton and several of her people refused to meet with the inspector general or cooperate in the investigation at all despite Press statements to the contrary.

6. I mean look at these wonderful footnotes
ESP-16-03 wrote: [159 In another incident occurring on May 13, 2011, **two of Secretary Clinton’s immediate staff discussed via email the Secretary’s concern that someone was “hacking into her email” after she received an email with a suspicious link. Several hours later, Secretary Clinton received an email from the personal account of then-Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs that also had a link to a suspect website. The next morning, Secretary Clinton replied to the email with the following message to the Under Secretary: “Is this really from you? I was worried about opening it!”** Department policy requires employees to report cybersecurity incidents to IRM security officials when any improper cyber-security practice comes to their attention. 12 FAM 592.4 (January 10, 2007). **Notification is required when a user suspects compromise of, among other things, a personally owned device containing personally identifiable information. 12 FAM 682.2-6 (August 4, 2008).** ***However, OIG found no evidence that the Secretary or her staff reported these incidents to computer security personnel or anyone else within the Department

On January 9, 2011, the non-Departmental advisor to President Clinton who provided technical support to the Clinton email system notified the Secretary’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations that he had to shut down the server because he believed “someone was trying to hack us and while they did not get in i didnt [sic] want to let them have the chance to.” Later that day, the advisor again wrote to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, “We were attacked again so I shut [the server] down for a few min.” On January 10, the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations emailed the Chief of Staff and the Deputy Chief of Staff for Planning and instructed them not to email the Secretary “anything sensitive” and stated that she could “explain more in person.
Yep nothing there, the Secretary of State was using a private email server for government work which contained hundreds of SECRET or higher emails and she thought she had been hacked on two occasions and never reported it to Network Security that's just a minor everyday thing that all Secretary of State have done before her.

Jesus Titty Fucking Christ to someone who used to hold a clearance this violates so many different OPSEC rules and US laws... listen if any commoner did 1/100th of what Secretary Clinton did they would have lost their job and their clearance. Doing 1/2 of what she's done would be enough to warrent charges and unfortunately the FBI investigation is still ongoing.

But no... the FBI spent almost two years over a hundred thousand man hours on "nothing".

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

bobalot wrote:
Exonerate wrote:The State Department IG came out with a new report and it does not reflect Clinton in a positive light at all. No permission for the server, telling staff to shut up when they brought up concerns, evidence of attempted intrusions, etc.

Actually, it says she did basically what Secretaries before her did. Apparently, this is not in line with Department policies but it is curious that nobody seemed to have cared until now.
Forbes: State Department Report On Email Vindicates Clinton Rather Than Nails Her wrote:The report released Wednesday by the State Department Inspector General on its email records management is being reported as heavy-duty criticism of former Secretary Hillary Clinton. However, the report has more in it that vindicates Clinton than nails her.

It does not add any new serious charges or adverse facts. And, it shows she was less out of line with her predecessors, notably Colin Powell, than has been charged. Powell’s handling of his email was so similar, in fact, that when House Republicans drag this issue through hearings up to Election Day, Powell should be called as a witness – a witness for Clinton. To put it differently, she is having a double standard applied to her. Here are five key aspects of the report.
You can read the rest of the article through my link above. So like Vince Foster, White Water and Benghazi. It's much ado about nothing. It hasn't stopped the BernieBros from jizzing their pants though.
I'm waiting for BernieBros to start shooting melons wrapped in packing tape to try and "prove" Clinton killed Vince Foster.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

bobalot wrote: Actually, it says she did basically what Secretaries before her did. Apparently, this is not in line with Department policies but it is curious that nobody seemed to have cared until now.
Which former secretary of state did ALL of their email on a private server?

Which former secretary of state operated a private server?

Which former secretary of state instructed their staff to lie about it to their cyber security team?

Which former secretary of state intentionally had secret documents printed, removed form secure locations, then recreated on unsecured systems to avoid security protocols by their own admission?

Which one manufactured a story about state department lawyers giving her permission to do it?

Which former secretary of state refused to turn over requested emails?

Which former secretary of state deleted tens of thousands of emails after being told she had to turn them over?

Which former secretary of state refused to cooperate with the IG inspection?

Which former secretary of state had key members of their staff seek immunity before talking to authorities?

Which former secretary of state has any indication of hacking, let alone admits it happened to them without informing their security team?

Which former secretary of state has lied to the public repeatedly about emails, changing their story whenever any bit of information hits the news cycle?

"Wipe my server? What, with a cloth or something?" Yeah...
Wild Zontargs
Padawan Learner

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Apologies for the necro, but Jesus H Christ. Clinton's State Department disabled security on the State Department's official systems because messages from Clinton's personal server were getting spam-binned.

Emails: State Dept. scrambled on trouble on Clinton's server
WASHINGTON (AP) — State Department staffers wrestled for weeks in December 2010 over a serious technical problem that affected emails from then-Secretary Hillary Clinton's home email server, causing them to temporarily disable security features on the government's own systems, according to emails released Wednesday.

The emails were released under court order Wednesday to the conservative legal advocacy group Judicial Watch, which has sued the State Department over access to public records related to the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee's service as the nation's top diplomat between 2009 and 2013.

The emails, reviewed by The Associated Press, show that State Department technical staff disabled software on their systems intended to block phishing emails that could deliver dangerous viruses. They were trying urgently to resolve delivery problems with emails sent from Clinton's private server.

"This should trump all other activities," a senior technical official, Ken LaVolpe, told IT employees in a Dec. 17, 2010, email. Another senior State Department official, Thomas W. Lawrence, wrote days later in an email that deputy chief of staff Huma Abedin personally was asking for an update about the repairs. Abedin and Clinton, who both used Clinton's private server, had complained that emails each sent to State Department employees were not being reliably received.

After technical staffers turned off some security features, Lawrence cautioned in an email, "We view this as a Band-Aid and fear it's not 100 percent fully effective."

The AP initially reported Wednesday that the emails described security features being turned off on Clinton's own private server, but State Department spokesman John Kirby clarified hours later that the emails described "a series of troubleshooting measures to the department's system — not Secretary Clinton's system — to attempt to remedy the problem."

The emails were released under court order Wednesday to the conservative legal advocacy group Judicial Watch, which has sued the State Department over access to public records related to the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee's service as the nation's top diplomat between 2009 and 2013.

Clinton has repeatedly denied there is any evidence her private email server ever was breached. Her campaign did not immediately provide comment Wednesday.

Days after the technical crisis, on Jan. 9, 2011, an IT worker was forced to shut down Clinton's server because he believed "someone was trying to hack us." Later that day, he wrote, "We were attacked again so I shut (the server) down for a few min." It was one of several occasions when email access to Clinton's BlackBerry smartphone was disrupted because her private server was down, according to the documents.

The AP reported last year that in the early morning hours of Aug. 3, 2011, Clinton received infected emails, disguised as speeding tickets from New York. The emails instructed recipients to print the attached tickets. Opening an attachment would have allowed hackers to take over control of a victim's computer.

In a blistering audit released last month, the State Department's inspector general concluded that Clinton and her team ignored clear internal guidance that her email setup broke federal standards and could leave sensitive material vulnerable to hackers. Her aides twice brushed aside concerns, in one case telling technical staff "the matter was not to be discussed further," the report said.

The State Department has released more than 52,000 pages of Clinton's work-related emails, including some that have since been classified. Clinton has withheld thousands of additional emails, saying they were personal. The emails released Wednesday were not made available until after the inspector general's office published its report, and Judicial Watch asked a federal judge to force the State Department to turn them over.

The case is one of about three dozen lawsuits over access to records related to Clinton's time as secretary, including one filed by the AP. As part of its ongoing suit, lawyers from Judicial Watch on Wednesday questioned Bryan Pagliano, a former IT staffer for Clinton who helped set up the server, under oath. According to the group, Pagliano repeatedly responded to questions by invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, as he did last year before a congressional committee.

The FBI is also investigating whether Clinton's use of the private email server imperiled government secrets. It has recently interviewed Clinton's top aides, including former chief of staff Cheryl Mills and Abedin.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said in a speech Wednesday that Clinton's email server "was easily hacked by foreign governments." Trump cited no new evidence that hackers had successfully breached Clinton's server, but he said unspecified enemies of the United States were in possession of all her emails.

"So they probably now have a blackmail file over someone who wants to be President of the United States. This fact alone disqualifies her from the presidency," Trump said. "We can't hand over our government to someone whose deepest, darkest secrets may be in the hands of our enemies."
For an official TL;DR on the story, here's the clarification posted at the bottom:
This version updates with State Department clarifying that security features on the department's computer system were disabled. An earlier version reported that the security features on Clinton's home server were disabled.
Доверяй, но проверяй
"Ugh. I hate agreeing with Zontargs." -- Alyrium Denryle
"What you are is abject human trash who is very good at dodging actual rule violations while still being human trash." -- Alyrium Denryle
iustitia socialis delenda est
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

disabled software on their systems intended to block phishing email
So they turned off the spam filters, big fucking deal. :roll:
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Dominus Atheos wrote:
disabled software on their systems intended to block phishing email
So they turned off the spam filters, big fucking deal. :roll:
What is it with people who don't understand security talking about it. Spam != phishing.

Phishing, usually spear-phishing, is sending targeted mails with malware to people, tricking them into opening it. A classic defense is blocking outbound mails from unknown servers and/or blocking attachments from external servers.

If they disabled these defenses, they've shifted the burden to users to filter their own mail. We know that users suck at estimating security threats and open anything and everything.

The entire email saga is overblown but it's not helped by people playing down the threat.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

One problem I have with the email saga (I like that phrasing) is that it has become rather irrelevant to how the political race is playing out.

The charge that Clinton handled email irresponsibly and bypassed the bureaucratic channels that are supposed to keep documents secure is, in context, lacking some of the relevance it might have if the primaries were playing out differently.

The Republicans are in the process of nominating one of the most indiscreet people in the history of modern politics, with multiple layers of multimillion dollar fraud accusations laid at his feet. It's hard to care about Clinton's handling of these particular secrets, or of her emails while not caring about that more.

If Clinton were running against, for example, Kasich or Bush or Rubio or any of a number of other Republican candidates, it would be easier to feel like this issue ought to make a difference.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

The difference is that Hillary has done all of this as a public official on the public dime. While claiming she is an expert in that sphere to boot. Trump, whatever his indiscretions, has done them on his own time and of course none of his antics in the present or past involve things like compromising top secret information, drone strikes, and facilitating the near complete collapse of two nations.

Now, you might think it prudent to assume Trump will continue to nefarious things in office. Clinton HAS done nefarious things in office. Repeatedly. Unapologeticly. "What, with a cloth or something?"

----

I am currently working on my graduate degree in an IT related area. This level of basic indifference to cyber security is breathtaking. Clinton deserves jail time for what she did, but for these IT "professionals" to grossly compromise the entire State Department system just to accommodate an asshole boss should get each one of them canned immediately. Its there job to tell their boss no on these sorts of things. If she insists they stick to their guns and call up the IG. If they won't hold the line as the SMEs nobody will as we have ample proof of at this point.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Do you seriously think any one of them could have stood up to her and NOT had his life and carrier ruined? It would be, in my opinion very stupid indeed to insist on anything against the will of someone in her position and with her pull.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Wild Zontargs
Padawan Learner

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Dominus Atheos wrote:So they turned off the spam filters, big fucking deal. :roll:
Imagine the headline was this: "Department of defense removes security cameras and lamps around the Pentagon because the SecDef insists on driving his own vehicle and keeps hitting the poles." That's the level of stupid we're dealing with here. It isn't about the filters, it's about the arrogance and stupidity that could easily have been avoided just by following proper procedures. But no, rules are for other people, so we should fuck everything up just because doing it right inconveniences the boss.
Доверяй, но проверяй
"Ugh. I hate agreeing with Zontargs." -- Alyrium Denryle
"What you are is abject human trash who is very good at dodging actual rule violations while still being human trash." -- Alyrium Denryle
iustitia socialis delenda est