Omar Sharif dies at age 83

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Omar Sharif dies at age 83

Post by Borgholio »

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33483877
Actor Omar Sharif, best known for his roles in classic films Lawrence of Arabia and Doctor Zhivago, has died aged 83.

Egypt-born Sharif won two Golden Globe awards and an Oscar nomination for his role as Sherif Ali in David Lean's 1962 epic Lawrence of Arabia.

He won a further Golden Globe three years later for Doctor Zhivago.

Earlier this year, his agent confirmed that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.

His agent Steve Kenis said: "He suffered a heart attack this afternoon in a hospital in Cairo."
*sigh* :(
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Omar Sharif dies at age 83

Post by Broomstick »

Aw... another good one.

Bad year for elderly actors.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Balrog
Jedi Council Member

Post by Balrog »

Watched Dr. Zhivago over the weekend, partly because of the news but partly because I hadn't seen it in a long time, and it is such a great movie. I keep hoping Hollywood passes over these movies when it comes time to "remake" or "reboot" or whatever the hell they call it when they cash in on an old classic with something newer and crappier.
'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Recquiscat in pace.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Balrog wrote:Watched Dr. Zhivago over the weekend, partly because of the news but partly because I hadn't seen it in a long time, and it is such a great movie. I keep hoping Hollywood passes over these movies when it comes time to "remake" or "reboot" or whatever the hell they call it when they cash in on an old classic with something newer and crappier.
No chance of that, watch Zhivago being played by Bradley Cooper in a few years.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs