Beware the shoe-stealing Jews!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Beware the shoe-stealing Jews!

Post by fgalkin »

A founding member of the Muslim Public Affairs Committee UK urged people to share his bizarre Facebook post about a shoe that went missing while he slept.

However, while the post was indeed shared, hundreds of times, Asghar Bukhari did not get the response he might have intended.

Within hours, the hashtag #Mossadstolemyshoe was trending on Twitter, in a reference to the Israeli counter terrorism unit. However, Mr Bukhari claimed the fact that he was being mocked amounted to “intimidation of Muslim speakers” – for which he blamed Zionists.

He posted his original message on Facebook on Friday along with an image of a boy wearing just one shoe. It was headlined: “Are Zionists trying to intimidate me?”

Mr Bukhari wrote: “Someone came into my home yesterday, while I was asleep. I don’t know how they got in, but they didn't break in - the only thing they took was one shoe.”

The campaigner claimed “they left one shoe behind to let me know someone had been there". He added: “Of course I can't prove anything and that’s part of the intimidation. The game is simple - to make me feel vulnerable in my own home.”

He went on to write: “It is not the first time I have heard this happening. I have had another Muslim leader call me a year or so ago, in tears - she told me they had been coming into her house and re-arranging things - just to let her know they had been there.”

He suggested: “Share this widely, for if it is happening to me, I am sure it happening to many, many others who have not exposed it.”

Twitter users who picked up on the post mocked Mr Bukhari for his comments. Several suggested their dogs were secretly working for Mossad.

While other wags came up with novel ways to combat shoe thieves - from secret cameras to tying the laces together.

Mr Bukhari seemed to take this in his stride, retweeting various stories about his post going viral. He went on to post a 15 minute Youtube video repeating his claims.

In a tweet on Sunday morning he wrote: "Zionists organised over twitter over this campaign of intimidation of Muslim speakers. They really trying to hide something. Too late [sic].”

The Muslim Public Affairs Committee UK describes itself as a grassroots civil liberties organisation that works to “expose and counter the sinister and toxic anti Muslim narrative that permeates mainstream politics and media". It has been accused of being an extremist and anti-Semitic militant body and is banned from many universities as a hate group.

Click me for pics and links!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Beware the shoe-stealing Jews!

Post by General Zod »

I thought the Jews just stole your children and your money.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

General Zod wrote:I thought the Jews just stole your children and your money.
Sometimes, they also steal organs. And now, apparently, also shoes!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

You'd think a practical Jew would just steal your kid so they could churn out all the new shoes they want.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

General Zod wrote:You'd think a practical Jew would just steal your kid so they could churn out all the new shoes they want.
Children cost upkeep and child labour laws are fairly tough. Best to just get shoes direct.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

No no, that's an urban legend. We only steal your money. As for your children, they're great for blood sacrifice and all, but mostly that's just too much work.

But this Twitter thing is absurd. We only steal expensive, designer shoes, obviously.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

The game is simple - to make me feel vulnerable in my own home.”
Well, that plan failed. But the plan to discredit him is working.
Geodd
Youngling

Post by Geodd »

fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin

Yeah... they actually did steal organs.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34503294/ns/w ... t-consent/

Still, in this case I'm perfectly willing to blame confused underwear gnomes, little bastards needs to learn to drink resposibly.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Israeli government or certain people in Israel does not equal the Jews. Saying that the Jews did steal organs is racist, plain and simple.
cmdrjones
Jedi Knight

Post by cmdrjones »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Israeli government or certain people in Israel does not equal the Jews. Saying that the Jews did steal organs is racist, plain and simple.

No No No NO!!!! remember you have to add at least seven 'O's to JOOOOOOOs!!! in order to get the proper effect, and if you REALLY want to get it right, you add the phrase 'Evil Shapeshifting Lizard' to the beginning. So, you have: Evil Shapeshifting Lizard JOOOOOs!
Terralthra wrote:It's similar to the Arabic word for "one who sows discord" or "one who crushes underfoot". It'd be like if the acronym for the some Tea Party thing was "DKBAG" or something. In one sense, it's just the acronym for ISIL/ISIS in Arabic: Dawlat (al-) Islāmiyya ‘Irāq Shām, but it's also an insult.
"Democratic Korps (of those who are) Beneficently Anti-Government"
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I'm worried because I often loose socks. I can deal with pretty harmless gnomes but not with zionists breaking into my house
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Y'know, if I woke up and found a shoe missing, I'd probably think, "Man, I must've had more to drink than I thought," not, "There is a conspiracy of state-sponsored secret agents fucking with my shoes!" Maybe I'm naive...

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

cmdrjones wrote:No No No NO!!!! remember you have to add at least seven 'O's to JOOOOOOOs!!! in order to get the proper effect, and if you REALLY want to get it right, you add the phrase 'Evil Shapeshifting Lizard' to the beginning. So, you have: Evil Shapeshifting Lizard JOOOOOs!
I'm... not entirely certain what point you're trying to make here.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
cmdrjones
Jedi Knight

Post by cmdrjones »

Zaune wrote:
cmdrjones wrote:No No No NO!!!! remember you have to add at least seven 'O's to JOOOOOOOs!!! in order to get the proper effect, and if you REALLY want to get it right, you add the phrase 'Evil Shapeshifting Lizard' to the beginning. So, you have: Evil Shapeshifting Lizard JOOOOOs!
I'm... not entirely certain what point you're trying to make here.
Umm, parody much?
Terralthra wrote:It's similar to the Arabic word for "one who sows discord" or "one who crushes underfoot". It'd be like if the acronym for the some Tea Party thing was "DKBAG" or something. In one sense, it's just the acronym for ISIL/ISIS in Arabic: Dawlat (al-) Islāmiyya ‘Irāq Shām, but it's also an insult.
"Democratic Korps (of those who are) Beneficently Anti-Government"
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Raw Shark wrote:Y'know, if I woke up and found a shoe missing, I'd probably think, "Man, I must've had more to drink than I thought," not, "There is a conspiracy of state-sponsored secret agents fucking with my shoes!" Maybe I'm naive...

Aren't shoes a pretty big issue in Muslim culture anyways? I mean the whole "Showing someone the soles of your feet" insult, or throwing shoes at someone you don't like.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

Raw Shark wrote:Y'know, if I woke up and found a shoe missing, I'd probably think, "Man, I must've had more to drink than I thought," not, "There is a conspiracy of state-sponsored secret agents fucking with my shoes!" Maybe I'm naive...
Nonsense.

Clearly, there's a conspiracy ... afoot.

(Oh God just ban me)
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Well, the organ thing is not entirely untrue. I seem to remember a number of arrests and associated scandals involving an illegal organ trafficking ring that serviced the needs of israelis...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/sack/

But that is neither here nor there, and the idea that Israelis broke into a man's home to steal shoes is just... Hilarious
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est