British man dies of suspected Ebola in Macedonia

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

British man dies of suspected Ebola in Macedonia

Post by fgalkin »

And it seems to have totally slipped under everyone's radar:

http://www.trust.org/item/2014100918062 ... ource=shfb

SKOPJE, Oct 9 (Reuters) - A British man with symptoms of the Ebola virus died in Macedonia on Thursday and authorities said they had sealed off a hotel where he stayed, keeping another Briton and hotel staff inside.

A Health Ministry official said the man had arrived in the capital, Skopje, from Britain on Oct. 2 and had been rushed to hospital at 3 p.m. (1300 GMT) on Thursday, where he died several hours later.

Dr. Jovanka Kostovska of the ministry's commission for infectious diseases said the man had been suffering from fever, vomiting and internal bleeding, and that his condition deteriorated rapidly.

"These are all symptoms of Ebola, which raises suspicions with this patient," Kostovska told a news conference, adding that samples had been sent to Germany for tests to confirm the cause of death. (Reporting by Kole Casule; Writing by Matt Robinson; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Mange
Sith Marauder

Re: British man dies of suspected Ebola in Macedonia

Post by Mange »

I mentioned it in the Texas Ebola case. Anyway, I'm not an expert, but I really doubt it's Ebola. It might be gastrointestinal bleeding or something else.