The Republican Brawl Jan 7th

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Alphawolf55
Jedi Knight

Re: The Republican Brawl Jan 7th

Post by Alphawolf55 »

Mr Bean wrote:Live stream
Watch

Rich Santorium and Ron Paul have declared war on each other. One is corrupt, the other is a crony insider and Rick Perry calls Ron Paul a hypocrite.
Also the moderators are deliberately and obviously trying to cause conflict, and it's not even funny how blatant it is.

This debate is awweesomee.
Might I ask why you view Paul as the corrupt one?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Alphawolf55 wrote: Might I ask why you view Paul as the corrupt one?
Santorum is the corrupt one, Paul is the insider and that's per the participants not me.

PART II

Meet the Press 9AM Debate

I missed the first 15 minutes, hopefully nothing interested happened in there.
David Gregory is asking lame questions up to this point with lots of Republican framing.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Huntsman slams Romney and gets an applause. Romney gets response with no applause Huntsman responds again gets MORE applause. All over Huntsman service as Ambassador.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Huntsman embraces the Ryan plan and thus the destruction of Medicare and cutting of Social Security.
Santorum wants to cut payroll taxes, kill medicare and foodstamps. Or rather send them back to the states.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Newt gets a typical oh yeah question on the Ryan plan and manages as good counter.
Perry makes a joke about him forgetting his three departments he wants to cut by reciting them here, great crowd reaction.

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Only thing I can ask is:

"Where the flying-F&@# was this Huntsman+Spine last night?"
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

And lying about the Senator/Congressmen heathcare plan, they call it the Ryan plan which is bullshit since it's fully paid for rather than half payed for like the Ryan plan.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Newt handles a good parry from being asked about the "one term President" thing. The question was all about bipartisan and working with the other party. It's interesting to see how they say they will crush the president but asking to work with people they shift focus and swear they will.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ron Paul has an awesome response to the question
"Dr Paul you've sponsored 600+ bills and only had 4 go to vote and 1 signed into law your response?"
Well that just shows how out of touch Congress is!

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

That was an awesome response
Romney gives a big long response on gay rights except for Marriage
Moderator asks when's the last time you promoted gay rights
Romney response:...Just now
Crowd response is massive

Sanatorium goes on to say he's great for gay's but he does not like them in a giant evasive way.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Newt does not back down at all from calling Romney a liar to his face. He did not get much time because Romney kept cutting in.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Wow the debate is over and it just up an ended without fanfare or real notice just came back from commercial okay we are done lets get out of here.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Final thoughts
Much weaker debate than last night due to long commercial breaks and David Gregory being the most uninteresting man in the world.

CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Ugolino wrote:Sauron would have a better campaign.
At least you know where he actually stands on important issues.

Stephen Colbert:
Pros - Smart guy who knows his way around a crowd.
Cons - Not a politician, yet somehow better at the job than lifelong Republicans.

Sauron:
Pros - Equal opportunity employer, employed all manner of Orcs, men, demons in his Armies etc.
Cons - Policies are too simple. ONE BILL TO TAX THEM ALL.

David Koresh's Corpse
Pros - Appeals to America's religious heart.
Cons - Is fucking dead. A fitting analogy for the place of religion in politics.

Hurricane Katrina
Pros - Despite annihilating the city of New Orleans, has somehow still managed to do less damage to its own reputation than Rick Perry has to his.
Cons - 140mph winds make office management and paperwork very disorganized.

Ron Paul
Pros - Figment of his own imagination.
Cons - Figment of your imagination.

Anyway, my favorite part of the night was Ricky talking about sending the troops back to Iraq. While we're at it, why don't we send them back to Grenada, Vietnam, Somalia, the Falkslands even though we've never been to the Falklands, etc.
Best care anywhere.
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

Actually you were on the Falklands in 1832 or 33 IIRC and ripped appart the fledgling Argentine settlement there.
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Mr Bean wrote:That was an awesome response
Romney gives a big long response on gay rights except for Marriage
Moderator asks when's the last time you promoted gay rights
Romney response:...Just now
Crowd response is massive

Sanatorium goes on to say he's great for gay's but he does not like them in a giant evasive way.
It was indeed quite funny.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I have said this before in other related threads, but it bares repeating

The fact that Santorum, Gingrinch, Paul and even Perry are still considered as "viable" canidates shows just how far out of touch the far right is.

These are all people who over the past year have been totally written off as dead and without a hope of winning the nomination. Paul, who never had a chance and still doesn't,
Santorum rose and fell as fast as Bachmann did,
Gingrinch had his whole staff leave and was never given a second chance
And Perry, well Perry started talking and everyone quietly walekd away from him.

The point is that many of these people have no bussines being in the election anymore. And the fact that they are makes one begin to question if THEY think they really have a chance, or are staying in to secure some lucrative contract at fox afterwards.

As far as I am concerned, Mitt should have this locked up rather shortly, and then we can finally relax and watch him go down in flames to Obama.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:
As far as I am concerned, Mitt should have this locked up rather shortly, and then we can finally relax and watch him go down in flames to Obama.
I think you underestimate how much exactly the right hates him. Simply put... they hate him. Even his voters are a good mix of "we must defeat Obama" with "I am enthusiastic about Mitt Romney". All it takes is meeting the man once before you understand why. In person even more strongly than over TV Mitt Romney vibrates the "I'm better than you" vibe. His attempts at being folksy come off as condescending. In town halls the only way he's survived so far is packing the rooms with friendly crowds as much as possible.

This is the guy (On the right) who the Republicans are putting up against Obama.
I mean look at him. The man is made for smirks and shit eating grins. You could run 30 second adds featuring nothing but images of Mittens smiling and he'd get crushed if anyone was hitting him on the Republican side which is few and far between at the moment.