The Millennium Falcon vs. a Borg Cube

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: The Millennium Falcon vs. a Borg Cube

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

True. I don't think it can count for the fuel cells being overly decayed or whatever though, since the ship's problems seemd to be mechanical breakdowns rather than lack of power (the disintergrating turbolaser capacitors for instance, and I believe Lando is down in the Engine Room and notes the engies are wrecked).
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I think were the fuel cells are concerned it doesn't count as definitive evidence either way, but I'd venture the overall less than stellar state of functionality the ships were in strongly suggests the fuel cells were unlikely to be in much better shape either. And while I don't seem to recall the novel elaborating one way or the other, the turbolaser volley could have been fired on capacitors.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Very true. Frankly i'm impressed that anything still worked on those ships, especially since the crew didn't just evacuate they wen't totally insane and IIRC tried to kill each other (whichis why that AT-PT was there). Anything working after that and decades of neglect is impressive.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.