Maw Irregular Fleet versus the United Federation of Planets

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Maw Irregular Fleet versus the United Federation of Plan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Nope, her fleet at Fondor is packing some weird shit called Metal-Crystal Phase Shifters, which apparently shoots through shields and crystalises and shatteres the durasteel hull. Or something, it's been a while since I read that book. I remember the name though.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Nope, her fleet at Fondor is packing some weird shit called Metal-Crystal Phase Shifters, which apparently shoots through shields and crystalises and shatteres the durasteel hull. Or something, it's been a while since I read that book. I remember the name though.
Yeah, technobabble weapon.
[i]New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology[/i], p. 95 wrote:A weapon constructed by Imperials at the Maw Installation and designed to disintegrate starships. An MCPS unit emits a field that disrupts the crystalline structure of metals, including those used to construct starship hulls, thereby reducing hull plates to powder. The MCPS ignores conventional shielding.
It made its first appearance in Champions of the Force, wherein it did serious damage to a CR90 corvette if I remember correctly. But it shorted out when they tried to fire it again. Evidently Daala's people worked the bugs out of the system.
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

StarSword wrote:
Thanas wrote:The weapons data is referenced in the HoT duology where Pellaeon essentially declares it impractical and hugely cost-inefficient.
I thought that was the "Predictor" AI they tried to use for fighting while cloaked.
And other weapons. It is possible that she got some working, but those "hundreds of plans" she downloaded at the end of that godawful Jedi Academy trilogy did not work out.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs