SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

Post by FaxModem1 »

The Caretaker, instead of bringing Voyager or Chakotay's ship from the Alpha quadrant to orbit over Ocampa, brings the complete roster of stardestroyer.net members in Trade Federation ships. Unfortunately, the use of so much power killed him early and the Caretaker array self destructed.

Every member of SD.net has their own Trade Federation Lucrehulk Droid Control ship with its full complement of robotic crew and vehicles.

For ease and movement, your Lucrehulk ship has everything written in your native language instead of Basic and the droids follow your orders.

So, what do you do with your brand new TF Lucrehulk ship above Ocampa in 2371?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I leave bloody fast before some of the more piratical members try and commandeer my ship.

Then I discreetly send back fighters to monitor the rest of the thousands-strong fleet. I observe the inevitable power struggle and try and contact as many of the redshirtsw and younglings as possible, trying to convince them to join my ship at the edge of the system.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

A simple two step program:
  • 1. Sell ship. Make money.
    2. Retire.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

First thing first, get the hell out of there. Set the engines on a random course and jump, order the droids to repeat that paten at random intervals to confuse anyone tracking me. Random time -> random direction, jump -> repeat.

After about a month, seek out any starship with access to Replicator and Holodec technology. I don't care who it is as long as it comes with an user manual on how to keep it running. Once that is done, set course toward the edge of the galaxy and jump until I reach it.

Finally, repeat step 1 through the emptiness of intergalactic space for the rest of my days. By running away from you guys I make sure you won't kill me. And by obtaining the two major commodities I mention I ensure my self a life of luxury, fine food and "entertainment" for how ever long my body lasts.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Purple wrote:First thing first, get the hell out of there. Set the engines on a random course and jump, order the droids to repeat that paten at random intervals to confuse anyone tracking me. Random time -> random direction, jump -> repeat.

After about a month, seek out any starship with access to Replicator and Holodec technology. I don't care who it is as long as it comes with an user manual on how to keep it running. Once that is done, set course toward the edge of the galaxy and jump until I reach it.

Finally, repeat step 1 through the emptiness of intergalactic space for the rest of my days. By running away from you guys I make sure you won't kill me. And by obtaining the two major commodities I mention I ensure my self a life of luxury, fine food and "entertainment" for how ever long my body lasts.
Won't you get lonely, being the only human on a ship full of droids?

Also, what happens when supplies run out?
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Exactly, I would park my ship in orbit and exchange parts and services for the more adventurous.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Won't you get lonely, being the only human on a ship full of droids?
Not really, see part 2 and 3:
Purple wrote:After about a month, seek out any starship with access to Replicator and Holodec technology.
And by obtaining the two major commodities I mention I ensure my self a life of luxury, fine food and "entertainment" for how ever long my body lasts.
Let's just say that I would spend my days recreating the wildest parties of Caligula's Rome or Japanese cartoons.
Also, what happens when supplies run out?
Jump back, steal some, jump away again. I figure that if I dumped all the unnecessary stuff the starship should be large enough to fit quite a lot of supplies.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I'm surprised no one is going for the conquer the Delta Quadrant option, considering the local neighbors are the Kazon and....well, that's it.

Also, while we're rather far from it, the Borg are in the neighborhood. But then again, we have SW hyperdrives, so we could go anywhere in the ST galaxy, that is, if we don't all destroy each other in the first five minutes.

Then again, so far, no one has said attack the other vessels.
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

I just realized something so terrible that even DXIII and his murdering tendencies are just a vague shadow compared to it.
The OP said all SD net posters... all of them... every one... that also means Shroom

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I leave the scene immediately, plotting a random series hyperspace jump to the nearest uninhabited stars until I think no one can track me. Then I sit and wait for the sensors to determine where the hell I am.

As I wait, I have the droid crew begin to appropriate any on-board repair facilities into basic manufacturing facilities for later use. When the sensors figure out where my ship is located in the galaxy, along with the location of Earth and such, assuming no one has found me, I plot a course straight to Federation space.
When I arrive, I look for one of those minor anomalies that the UFP and other ST powers avoid because the ion cloud/nebula/whatever is too much hassle to go through and instead they just go around. I have the droids and the basic fab facilities they have rigged up remove the Lucrehulk's backup hyperdrive and modify it to be compatible with one of the C-9979 transports that are on board, even if the drive has to be completely taken apart and rebuilt, since I have at least 205 years of consumables aboard, given that I'm the only living crew.

When this project is complete, I have a few pilot droids run it through several tests, and when it is proven to be spaceworthy, I set course to the nearest Federation world and negotiate with them to give me a medium sized starship, even an outdated one (Such as any old Consitutions they have lying around), in exchange for a few technological secrets I am willing to give them, such as weapons that kill borg without fear of the borg adapting easily.
Once I aquire my warp driven starship, I have the droids crew it and set its course to the area around the anomaly my Lucrehulk is hiding in, while I return in my hyperdrive-equiped spaceship. As I wait for the new purchase to arrive, I prepare my meager manufacturing facilities and repair droids to modify it to be fit for my purposes. When it arrives, the Lucrehulk will retrieve it, bring it back into the nebula, and the droids will begin to modify it to be able to handle these anomalies, equip the warp core with adequate armor so that I need not fear a breach, upgrade the ship's other power generators, and otherwise improve the durability and firepower of it, modernize it by Fed standards (holodeck, warpdrive, and all that), and give it a nice name, like Godspeed or Endurance or whatever I happen to think of at the moment.
Once it is complete, I will tell the droids on board the Lucrehulk to begin the slow process of harvesting any celestial bodies in the anomaly for resources to improve both ships over time* as I wander the Alpha Quadrant as a simple merchant who happens to have a good ship and an unknown past. While in secret I am preparing for the day when all hell breaks loose because someone, somewhere, couldn't stop the threat of the week.
noncredible
Padawan Learner

Post by noncredible »

Well, I would probably hide behind Darth Wong/Admiralkanos's Lucrehulk since it is indestructable. After half of you are dead, I would go conquer some minor power and become their dictator.
"Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But, that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies."
— Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

"And, if you should come upon this spot, please do not hurry on. Wait for a time, exactly under the star. Then, if a little man appears who laughs, who has golden hair and who refuses to answer questions, you will know who he is. If this should happen, please comfort me. Send me word that he has come back."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Why would theirs be indestructible? Sure, a lot of people may not fight them, but there's nothing special about their ship compared to others.
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Quick question, what happens to Voyager and the Maquis it went into the Badlands to find? Also, I'm surprised no one has said they would intervene in the early stages of the Dominion War yet.

Anyway, I'd immediately order my ship to jump away and then wait to see how the dust settles in what will probably be some stupidity generated conflict from all of us showing up in the Star Trek universe with SW level combat modified ships. Depending on whether or not saner heads triumph I go at it alone securing a life of relative comfort in the Federation, acquiring interesting tech here and there using my advanced knowledge of the timeline and incredibly powerful tech (by ST standards) just because it seems like a fun thing to do or team up with people trying to find a way back to our universe, with all my tech goodies of course.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

I guess I'd set myself up in my own corner of space and live off the benefits of advanced tech. In true GALE and PRFY tradition, my TradeFed control ship is a huge disco ball surrounded by a rainbow painjob on the donut part. With holodeck technology I can make a snazzy gay droid and hologram resort. With SW level firepower, it should be no trouble repeling pesky Borg or other aggressive Trek powers trying to muscle in on me. I will be leery of the Ferengi too LOL
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

This scenario leaves the ST galaxy with a fleet of, what, two thousand odd Lucrehulks? Hmm, I may recant my earlier plan to escape. I'll stay with the fleet, see what Wong and the Mods cook up in terms of organisation, then take my place and follow orders of my appointed superiors. But I would lobby hard to intervene in the Dominion War.

One ship against two thousand in the wormhole? Yeah, alright I'll give it a go :D

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Do Lucrehulks have any manufacturing capabilities whatsoever?
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Destructionator XIII wrote:I suspect some members would decide to attack Earth. They all must be immediately killed.

I'd park my ship behind a moon and call everyone together for a peace conference. Once everyone is together, I'll go wild slitting throats, keeping just a few of you alive to clean up the mess before I kill you too.

Then I take my new fleet and set a course for the Federation. Find Captain Picard and turn all this shit over to him. (He's someone I can trust to do the right thing and has enough connections to make it happen)

Now since it's not my problem anymore, I'm free to live the simple life.
There's always the "form secret society to rule the Federation from the shadows" option. Also, I won't be attending any meetings with you face to face :x

P.S. WTF is a Lucrehulk and what can it do?
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

This is a Lucrehulk, it's a converted freighter-to-battleship. It only has 51 turbolasers, but it makes up for it with its hundreds of laser cannons and fighter complement. It's well shielded, but really, any battle it is in will be a long one, it's not exactly a powerhouse when it comes to armament.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Does it have any manufacturing capabilities? Does it have a huge hypermatter reserve? Because this is looking like a four day power trip followed by everything running out of power and no way to get more fuel.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I'd assume it has some repair facilities, given that it has to maintain a small army inside of it. It has 500 days of consumables for its crew, so I'd venture a guess to say that it has fuel for that much time at the least. It has a 5 million ton cargo capacity (not counting the space for the military units, since those take up much more than that, given that the freighter version has 25 million tons capacity)
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

DXIII, that's why I said "see what they come up with."

But I might just blow your ship to hell, since you seem to have some rather worrying tendencies when given hypothetical power :)

If I don't like what they come up with, I'll see if I can band together with a bunch of others and set off for the Gamma Quadrant.

Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

Very very first thing I do is give the order to raise shields then move out of the way as various idiots try and kill each other.

Next up scan the planet to locate the Ocampans underground city then begin continuous bombardment until I've wiped out the pathetic snivelling little shits.
For a follow up destroy all Kazon settlements on the surface and any of their vessels in the system then begin a systematic search to locate Neelix ship & reduce it to radioactive dust.

Then plot a course for the Alpha Quadrant, find a nice neutral area and convert my ship into a mobile casino/den of iniquity and chill.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

I still say get the hell away before Shroom hooks up with Nelix. Do you want to see that?

lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

First thing, raise shields. Second thing, fight back DXIII when he opens fire, joining anyone who'll remain there in killing the murderous sociopath. Then, seek the strongest guy (i.e. the one who manage to get most people on his side) and join him, hoping he'll decide to wipe out the Borg and take over the Federation.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Smeh, fuck you. I wouldn't kill all of mankind, just...reduce the numbers and place them under a better system fo government than the Federation.