"Sullust To Endor" Now Online!

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Holy shit that website must be the epicenter of web stupidity. Did it ever occur to those fucktards that the Ewoks lured the stormtroopers and vehicles toward the traps and catapults rather than moving the catapults towards the bunker? Who says the Ewoks didn't rig up traps to try to deal with the Empire (or other critters on Endor) before Han's team arrived?

This not only makes more sense, but matches what we see in the movie: The Koala bears attack then scatter, drawing the Imperial troops away from the bunker and into a number of tricks and traps and ambushes.

Darktard's version: the Ewoks spent several days cutting wood and vines to make traps and siege weapons, then spent more time moving them up to the area around the bunker.
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

What a bunch of dildos - are we sure that Darkstar isn't the same guy who made the Loose Change videos?
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Elfdart wrote:Darktard's version: the Ewoks spent several days cutting wood and vines to make traps and siege weapons, then spent more time moving them up to the area around the bunker.
Without the Imperials noticing, either. Oops, I forgot -- the Ewoks were beneath the Empire's attention, because they totally wouldn't have noticed major construction work going on around a secure facility.
SancheztheWhaler wrote:What a bunch of dildos - are we sure that Darkstar isn't the same guy who made the Loose Change videos?
Nah. As I recall, Darkstar is a hardcore Republitard, too. Go figure.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

Surlethe wrote:
SancheztheWhaler wrote:What a bunch of dildos - are we sure that Darkstar isn't the same guy who made the Loose Change videos?
Nah. As I recall, Darkstar is a hardcore Republitard, too. Go figure.
Cousins, perhaps? This sort of idiocy and self-delusion seems genetic.
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Who is like God arbour wrote:I don't see the point of your video. Sure it was funny, but it has no substantial worth as regards content.

Your only argument in your whole video seems to be, that it would be boring (or unfitting), if the movie would have shown scenes as you have created them. That's correct. It would be tremendous boring. That's why such scenes weren't shown in the movie. But that doesn't mean that similar things haven't happened.

* Why could it be impossible, that the Emporer has decided (off screen), to let Luke be put in a cell until shortly before the Alliance arrives?

* Why could it be impossible, that the task force on Endor has needed much more time (off screen) than a few minutes to find the shield control room without being detected by the enemy?

* Why could it be impossible, that Leia, as she has said any moments and not, as you have falsified, any minutes, wasn't sure about the exact time, the Alliance will arrive?

* Why could it be impossible, that, as it happens often in movies, the shown scenes aren't played back in the order they have happened?

It's a pity that you have not countered important arguments, which confirm the notion, that more time than a few minutes have passed.

I think, the most important argument is, that it should be impossible for the Ewoks to build their traps as shown in the movie and described in the novel in a few hours without alerting the enemy.

Maybe you should have shown, how the Ewoks could have done it.

And maybe you should have explained the changing shadows between the time, the Alliance Task Force enters the tunnel and the time, the Imperials are entering the tunnel.

These arguments are known to you. They won't vanish only because you ignore them. To be honest, your video is preposterous and doesn't show much sharpness.
2046 wrote:Incidentally, I find argument-by-video to be a very poor choice if reason is one's guide. Though used to great effect by 9/11 conspiracy nuts and Michael Moore-types, the 'persuasive video' genre suffers from its own goal and medium . . . not to mention its maker. Emotional impact is employed in the place of factual impact . . . much like the whole style of SDN debating.

In this case, Wayne has attempted to mock a demonstrable timeline by making up silly ideas of what people were up to during off-screen hours. That's all well and good . . . we generally have no real idea what anyone is doing during off-screen hours . . . but does that change the length of time required for Ewoks to dam a river, dig AT-ST-size holes, and dangle giant logs dozens of feet in the air with primitive stone-age tech? Does it change the length of time likely required for the stealthy approach of multiple people to a guarded entrance?

Of course not.
Oh goodie, more dictionary entries!!!
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Elfdart wrote:Holy shit that website must be the epicenter of web stupidity. Did it ever occur to those fucktards that the Ewoks lured the stormtroopers and vehicles toward the traps and catapults rather than moving the catapults towards the bunker? Who says the Ewoks didn't rig up traps to try to deal with the Empire (or other critters on Endor) before Han's team arrived?
Darkstar and Darkstar's assumptions are always considered canon over there.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

I see "not impossible" means "proof that it happened" to these idiots. Well, to Avocado, anyway.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Who is like God arbour wrote:Your video states explicit that it is the answer to the opinions of certain Star Trek fans.
They've covered themselves so deep in their own bullshit, they truly can't tell when they're lying through their teeth. The video does NOT "state explicit" this is it purpose. Anyone with a functioning brain...oh, wait, I forgot who I'm talking about.

Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Wyrm wrote:I see "not impossible" means "proof that it happened" to these idiots. Well, to Avocado, anyway.
Thanks Wyrm, I'd missed that one. It is now added to the dictionary, with you credited as the reference.

Its amazing how Darktard continues to prove how ridiculously seriously he takes this whole thing. A video that even many of his cockgoblins can easily see is a PARODY, yet he takes it as if he and Wayne are still debating. Well, I guess he need to feel that SOMEONE cares about him enough to want to talk to him.

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Darth Servo wrote:Its amazing how Darktard continues to prove how ridiculously seriously he takes this whole thing. A video that even many of his cockgoblins can easily see is a PARODY, yet he takes it as if he and Wayne are still debating. Well, I guess he need to feel that SOMEONE cares about him enough to want to talk to him.
If I thought he had the balls, and could afford a camcorder, I'd call his ass out on video for a debate on this. :twisted:

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Darktard wrote:Transported with what? Do you see wheels?
Ah, so the Ewoks are smart enough to build catapults and GLIDERS but couldn't possibly have invented the wheel yet.

Invent flight but not wheels. Right Darkstar. Just keep proving what a lunatic you are.[/quote]

Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Lord Poe wrote:If I thought he had the balls, and could afford a camcorder, I'd call his ass out on video for a debate on this. :twisted:
Careful Wayne. In Darkstar land, that constitutes issuing the challenge, and therefore Darkstar gets to set what ever ridiculous rules he wants for said debate.

General Soontir Fel
Padawan Learner

Post by General Soontir Fel »

When did the Ewoks dam a river? I haven't seen that in my version of ROTJ.
Jesse Helms died on the 4th of July and the nation celebrated with fireworks, BBQs and a day off for everyone. -- Ed Brayton, Dispatches from the Culture Wars

"And a force-sensitive mandalorian female Bountyhunter, who is also the granddaughter of Darth Vader is as cool as it can get. Almost absolute zero." -- FTeik
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

General_Soontir_Fel wrote:When did the Ewoks dam a river? I haven't seen that in my version of ROTJ.
Funny how on Darkstar's original page, it was just a "small nearby stream" and now its a river, eh?

+http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWendorday2.html#EwokTrapIssue

Second paragraph. These twat's terminology changes with the prevailing wind.

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Great video Mr. Poe, great video.

Also, on the note of SFJ something is really REALLY bugging me about their assumptions.

They say that the Ewok traps couldnt have been there before the Rebels came, since the Empire has scouts in that area. They also say that the Ewoks took a long time to build those traps AFTER the Rebels came. So, the traps cant be there before, and they cant take long to build or the scouts find the traps. The only logical conclusions (It seems to me) is that the Ewoks built the traps in a SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.

Oh Jesus....
GStone wrote:My own calculations from strek-v-swars puts it at no more than 2 weeks of constant hyperspace travel.
A 2 week long sneak attack!
Mike DiCenso wrote:The EU distances aside, we have no canon knowledge of the actual distance between Tatooine and Coruscant. According to the second-tier canon of the ANH novelization, Han was expecting to get back to Tatooine from Alderaan (a core world) in 3 weeks to deliver Jabba his money, which suggests up to a week and a half of travel time there and back. This from the supposedly fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.
WTF? why does he pay attention to the novelization when the movie clearly shows it was same day travel?
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Darth Servo wrote:Ah, so the Ewoks are smart enough to build catapults and GLIDERS but couldn't possibly have invented the wheel yet.

Invent flight but not wheels. Right Darkstar. Just keep proving what a lunatic you are.
Wasn't the baby Ewok in some sort of baby stroller?
Darth Servo wrote:Careful Wayne. In Darkstar land, that constitutes issuing the challenge, and therefore Darkstar gets to set what ever ridiculous rules he wants for said debate.
Fuck him. I'll set the debate: He must be on camera, state his case, and stay on topic! Video limit: 5 minutes!

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Yeah. Right. He outright ignores LFL's canon policy and tells Paramount that theirs is wrong when they are the ones who MAKE the policy but he's going to abide by your rules.
Mr Poe, you've been in this game a lot longer than I have so you oughtta now-it ain't gonna happen.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Lord Poe wrote:If I thought he had the balls, and could afford a camcorder, I'd call his ass out on video for a debate on this. :twisted:
He'd probably want to buy a toupee for the event as well. :P

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Ok, I dont get this at all.
Mike DiCenso wrote:From page 108 of the ANH novelization Han says this to Jabba:

Quote:
Again the sardonic smile. "As you say, I'am too valuable to fry. But I've got a charter now and I can pay you back, plus a little extra. I just need some more time. I can give you a thousand on account, the rest in three weeks."

Why take three weeks to get back to Tatooine to give Jabba the money, if the Falcon can make the trip in only a day or two? I find it a bit of stretch that Han would be screwing around for nearly 3 weeks when he could just immediately get his cash, refuel the Falcon, maybe rest a day or two, and be back on Tatooine to settle the account with Jabba and be free of harassment.
Doesnt Han do precisely that? Dick around with the Rebellion for 2 full years before getting off his ass in TESB to go give Jabba back his money?
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Darth Ruinus wrote:Ok, I dont get this at all.
Mike DiCenso wrote:From page 108 of the ANH novelization Han says this to Jabba:

Quote:
Again the sardonic smile. "As you say, I'am too valuable to fry. But I've got a charter now and I can pay you back, plus a little extra. I just need some more time. I can give you a thousand on account, the rest in three weeks."

Why take three weeks to get back to Tatooine to give Jabba the money, if the Falcon can make the trip in only a day or two? I find it a bit of stretch that Han would be screwing around for nearly 3 weeks when he could just immediately get his cash, refuel the Falcon, maybe rest a day or two, and be back on Tatooine to settle the account with Jabba and be free of harassment.
Doesnt Han do precisely that? Dick around with the Rebellion for 2 full years before getting off his ass in TESB to go give Jabba back his money?
It's easy once you realize how bad they want to prove their side.

The fact that Han mentions anything length of time, they will make their own presumptions and take anything out of context, and since it has a time component it implies it will take Han that long to travel.

Really, after a while this is why you stop debating and do shit that Wayne does. You will never make these retards concede or even admit in their basement virgin lives that they are wrong. So you resort to mockery and have fun.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

Quote:

Yeah, why would Han tell Jabba three weeks? It makes perfect sense to give him the bare minimum amount of time it takes to get there and back. It's not like he needs any leeway in case things go south. Jabba is a very understanding individual, and doesn't really needs the money anyway. What's he going to do, send bounty hunters after Han?...Oh wait.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Darth Ruinus wrote:
GStone wrote:My own calculations from strek-v-swars puts it at no more than 2 weeks of constant hyperspace travel.
A 2 week long sneak attack!
All of their stupid theories don't matter ; If the fleet was to take more than a few hours tops to get there, why the fuck did they launch the fighters at Sullust?

Their theory must explain this to event pretend to be truthful. It's like having the USS Yorktown steam for Midway with its entire air wing airborne the whole time, only landing occasionally to refuel. I wonder who would've won that battle in this situation.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

* Why could it be impossible, that Leia, as she has said any moments and not, as you have falsified, any minutes, wasn't sure about the exact time, the Alliance will arrive?
What a fucking moron.

So Leia "wasn't sure about the exact time" to the extent that she can't tell the difference between "any moment" and "several days".

And he even accuses you of dishonesty for using "minute" instead of "moment", as if there's any significant difference between the two whatsoever.

Jeezus these people are insane.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

KhyronTheBackstabber wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, why would Han tell Jabba three weeks? It makes perfect sense to give him the bare minimum amount of time it takes to get there and back. It's not like he needs any leeway in case things go south. Jabba is a very understanding individual, and doesn't really needs the money anyway. What's he going to do, send bounty hunters after Han?...Oh wait.
Three weeks time might have had nothing to do with the travel time at all. Han probably just threw out a number long enough away to, as he felt, give him plenty of time to get to Alderaan and back and give him plenty of lead time to get all he needs done before hand. 3 weeks could havge just been an easy to remember number and nothing more. Remember with 15% interest it is in Han best interest to fly back as soon as he could to pay Jabba. 3 weeks could have been simply don't charge me anything for 3 weeks and I'll have it to you in that time.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!