Harry Knowles pisses upon "Nemesis" from a great h

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Harry Knowles pisses upon "Nemesis" from a great h

Post by RedImperator »

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=14008

If you don't know, Harry Knowles is the enormously fat film geek who runs Ain'tItCoolNews.com. He was the first guy to review Attack of the Clones (thanks to someone inside LucasFilm showing him an advance copy before editing was complete). He pretty much shits all over Nemesis in this review, and then goes on to criticize the entire Trek franchise for what it's become.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

DOH! Found out about the Nemesis forum IMMEDIATELY after I posted this. Could a mod move it please?
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

RedImperator wrote:DOH! Found out about the Nemesis forum IMMEDIATELY after I posted this. Could a mod move it please?
It shall be.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

Harry Knowles pisses upon "Nemesis"...in addition to shitting and vomitting and many other nasty type things!!!
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I happen to agree with him a lot. I don't rely on one critic if I'm trying to see if a movie is worthwhile, though. Typically, I check out Knowles, Ebert, and then the RottenTomatoes rating. If all three are bad, I usually wait for it to come out on video, unless I really want to see it (I made that mistake with the new "Time Machine")
X-Ray Blues
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Wouldn't a matinee viewing cost about as much as a video rental?
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

That's a perfectly valid, logical point. Thus, I refuse to address it.
X-Ray Blues