Communication

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Communication

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Communication

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yeah, sometimes the writers just don't care. Either that, or their combadges did the work for them, or they meant external communications.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I can't view the video, but if it's talking about inconsistencies in Trek communications such as people not tapping their com-badges to talk, *that* one at least was explained in the TNG TM-- it's not really necessary since the computer is smart enough to figure out when you're trying to talk to someone, and most people just tap it out of habit.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

The video is from Voyager, in which Ensign Kim notes that Communications are offline, and 5 seconds later, Janeway talks to Torres. So either the writers screwed up, or communications are talking about external, ship to ship communications.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Ah. Well yes, that would be the obvious conclusion. Perhaps internal comms are specifically termed something else rather than falling under simply 'communications'. *shrugs* With all the other things that was wrong with Voyager, that's almost the least of them.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

It probably is the least of Voyager's problems but I was watching it last night and it just pissed me off. Enough to screen cap it and edit it and upload it and tell the internet about it.

It's sad, I know, but I was like you just said communica oh never mind you piece of SHIT.

:D

Also every single system including life support except artificial gravity, the lights and the sound system. And the orchestra.
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.