Star Trek: Renegades teaser

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Star Trek: Renegades teaser

Post by FaxModem1 »

A few years ago, Tim Russ made the Star Trek fanfilm 'Star Trek: Of Gods and Men'. In my opinion, it could have been better.

Now, he's making a new film, Star Trek: Renegades.

So far, I'm seeing Chekov, Tuvok, Icheb, and the main character looks to be an Augment.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Re: Star Trek: Renegades teaser

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

looks shit
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
ZOmegaZ
Youngling

Post by ZOmegaZ »

I agree, Of Gods and Men was an impressively large waste of resources. And I can't tell you what I think of this new one, because the trailer is shit. I mean, really, I have no idea what this thing is or why I'd want to watch it. It's a disjointed series of images, none of which are impressive on their own. What little dialog I picked up was so cliche as to be discouraging.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

I'd like to be optimistic but I'm still pretty skeptical. It feels to me as if they're aiming for "dark and edgy" for its own sake, rather than because someone came up with a cool story idea that demands it. I'll keep waiting until I see more but I keep being less than impressed by their teasers, even if the production values feel good.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Scottish Ninja wrote:I'd like to be optimistic but I'm still pretty skeptical. It feels to me as if they're aiming for "dark and edgy" for its own sake, rather than because someone came up with a cool story idea that demands it.
I have to agree with that and it's not like you can't make a "dark and edgy" story in Star Trek it has happened several times in canon, hell you might even consider "Wrath of Khan" to be dark and edgy for it's era at least. The key is however to aim on making a good story first and foremost.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n