Klingon Art of War

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Klingon Art of War

Post by FaxModem1 »

Star trek website
The Klingon Art of War looms large on the horizon, beckoning all of us, from any walk of life – or planet – to harness the ancient Klingon wisdom within the 10 precepts that have shaped Klingon culture and indoctrinated Klingons in the Way of the Warrior dating back to the days of Kahless. Due out in early 2014 from becker&mayer! and to be published by Simon & Schuster, The Klingon Art of War will shed light on the Klingons like no other book before it.

Star Trek The Klingon Art of War Book Cover

Here’s the synopsis direct from becker&mayer! and Simon & Schuster:

Klingons fight, but they do not merely fight. For Klingons, battle is a dance, a way of living with dignity and purpose. This is central to the concept at the heart of Klingondom: honor.

Star Trek Klingon Art of Way Book Internal

The Klingon Art of War lays out the principles of the Klingon code that animates their entire culture. Each chapter introduces another part of the Klingon ethic and explores the ways it informs Klingon life, behavior, and history. Each chapter also celebrates famous Klingons, warships, and battles, and the role they've played in advancing the Klingon Empire.

Available May 6, 2014, The Klingon Art of War will be a 160-page hardcover written by Keith R.A. DeCandido and priced at $25.99. Keep an eye on StarTrek.com for additional details.
I'll admit, I'm looking forward to reading this.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Re: Klingon Art of War

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

is this a shitty rip off of the art of war (a book in which concepts so basic seemingly were AMAZING at the time), just with KAPLAH! every other word?
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Klingon Art of War

Post by FaxModem1 »

Considering the sample page on the website is "If you die, die well." with a mural of Kor, I doubt it. I think it's going to be more of a Klingon culture and philosophy book.