Paramount tells fans to go f*k themselves with a rusty pipe

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Paramount tells fans to go f*k themselves with a rusty pipe

Post by Alyeska »

Misleading title? I don't think so. Paramount is distributing the bonus material for the Into Darkness DVD and Blu-Ray releases amongst the various retailers AND digital services. Major retailers get unique bonus material for their Into Darkness Blu-Ray releases that no other retailer will get. No single Blu-Ray will have very much bonus material to begin with. Best of all, Paramount has a history of never combining bonus material into later disk releases. Old Best Buy exclusive material from earlier DVD releases have never made it to other retailers or box sets.

Remember the Special Edition DVDs that Paramount did for each Trek film? Those didn't even make it into Blu-Ray. TWOK and TUC Blu-Ray editions are just the original box office movie with no extra scenes.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/08/review ... l-blu-ray/
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Re: Paramount tells fans to go f*k themselves with a rusty p

Post by Gandalf »

I'm not surprised. Paramount knows that they can get money out of obsessive collectors, so why not?

Also, I'm sure someone will compile all of the features into one torrent soon enough.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

And they complain when people pirate stuff.
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Paramount has been doing this sort of thing since the first Star Trek convention. They make no bones about milking their cash cow franchise.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

Yeah, not much of a surprise. I actually had a minor hope they were over this, because the Trek '09 DVD had a fair amount of bonus stuff. I guess that was the anomaly.
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)