OEEG - A Night in Sickbay

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Mayabird
Storytime!

OEEG - A Night in Sickbay

Post by Mayabird »

Merry Crimbo and you people had better appreciate Chuck putting himself through it again.

Anyway, this is part 1 of 3. The next two will be posted to Youtube shortly and the full combined episode will be on his Blip TV channel. I'll be leaving soon, though, so someone else can post the rest when they're up.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Re: OEEG - A Night in Sickbay

Post by Serafina »

I was planning on doing that, tough i wanted to wait until the review is complete. Anyway, the first part of the review already looks quite promising.
I don't know why he won't post the whole thing on Blip.Tv first if YouTube is giving him trouble, then take his time to upload the rest there - so i asked him, perhaps he'll do it.

I'll post the other parts if i am still awake when they are up, and if no one else is faster than me.

Happy Review Holidays, everyone!

Edit: Look at that, it's up at Blip.Tv - the whole review in one video!
The rest is uploading at YouTube already.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

I apologize for any inconvenience that came from this. I tried to give Youtube the whole vid also (I got a message that said I could now upload that size) but it kept choking on it. I'm not trying to shove everyone over to my blip channel, Youtube just seems to want to do that for me.
Chuck

Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

I don't think anyone got that impression - well, at least i didn't.

Well, the other two videos are up by now:

And LO and behold, the second one has already been made inacessible for content-reasons by youtube, at least to me. Which is why i really, really apprecitate Blip.Tv.

I must say this was an excellent review. I wish we had any idea WHY THE HELL THEY MADE THIS EPISODE, but i suppose we don't want to drive you insane. My personal theory is that the creators are secretly servants of the elder gods, trying to drive us insane.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

LOL, damn let's do this with each parts.

Part 1: I barely remember this episode but goddamn I appreciate you go into this. Said captain is so fucked in the head that he is thinking of actual threats to an alien race over his FUCKING DOG. Sure, the main plot is that his dog pissed on said sacred tree and Archer is so fucking arrogant he doesn't see what was wrong with it. Let's not forget, he's about to do something Janeway never even thought of. He's thinking of risking his crew because what is the worst could happen and because the main plot point. Something my brain just doesn't want to think of because it meant this episode is about a man so arrogant he cannot understand why his dog pissing on an item that they considered sacred is an insult.

Part 2: Really, I cannot begin to grasp what made Braga/Berman were thinking with diplomacy and a dog. So yes, Archer is one of the dumbest fuckers in science fiction. I'm not going to touch the thought of an alien, a dumb hi...engineer and the captain discussing about when was the last time he got laid.

Part 3: Ok...so a dream goes from death, threesome with a dog, to boring possible titillation? Oh yeah, Enterprise. And c'mon Zoidberg is by far more competent then this fucktard. And the drama of this episode? HIS BEAGLE'S POSSIBLE DEATH? The tension was not even in the same universe. And they are still talking about sex life while performing surgery? WTF?

Agreed with the score and hope you drank something after watching this thing. And the blip.tv is fine, either way I can catch your reviews which continue to amuse me and make me think about a lot of bad and even good Trek.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

What i remembered about this episode was about this episode was that stupid ritual and umitigated boredom.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Ghetto Edit-(Hit Submit WAY to Soon and i could not finish off the post)

...I had no idea the shit that they through. Threshold was at least less boring than A Night in Sickbay.

If i may say my peice there is something in this episode that Chuck just touched on. The Kreetassans are a race that get to me. Yes, Dutchess's stupid decision to bring the Beagle was entirely avoidable. Basically the only purpose of these guys in the show is for the Enterprise Cast to offend them for some stupid reason and then need to appoligize to. They basically have one dumb joke to move plots along and as chuck said, if you have any sense when dealing with these guys, simply be extremely cautious. Good thing they were not seen again.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2010-12-25 07:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
OsirisLord
Youngling

Post by OsirisLord »

Truly a joyous Christmas has descended upon us. I figured Chuck was going to skip out on us this week being the holidays and everything, but not only do we get more SFDebris, and not only do we get a three-parter, but it's arguably the greatest piece of character assassination in all of television ever. A character piece that was originally intended to be "Let's show everyone what a great character Archer is by showing them how much he loves his dog" instead becomes "Let's show everyone how insane Archer is by having him psychotically fixate on his dog."
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

"The Big Book of Being a Spaceship Captain" :lol:

Thank you Chuck, that was a great Christmas present, I hadn't laughed that hard in months :D
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Woah. That's almost long enough to be a commentary track.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

I think his Threshold review (Especially if you take into account the warning video before hand) runs about as long as it's episode too, when Trek gets that bad there's just way too much for poor Chuck to talk about.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

I wasn't upset at all by the delay. Stuff happens, and it was worth the wait.

Favorite lines, and I hope I remember them correctly:

"What's next, more water polo?" [water polo on TV] "This is the worst Christmas ever."

and

"It's almost as good as the mockup of Robert Beltran they used on Voyager."
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

while middle of his jokes Chuck did point out 1 of the major flaws of pre-4th season ENT and most of VOY, more often then not the chracters were written to be characters and not people and as such (even with relativly good actors) the dialoge comes out as forced and unnatural (and as a result the characters become 2 dimentional with no real life to them).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n