OVEG: Future's End, Part II

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

OVEG: Future's End, Part II

Post by Sonnenburg »

Second half of Future's End, just as full as silliness as the first, including the showdown between a big rig and a VW Microbus.

Review
Chuck

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Re: OVEG: Future's End, Part II

Post by Vympel »

Moved it for you. :)
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

Sorry if it was in the wrong place. It was like a race with the devil to get the damn thing up before work.
Chuck

Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

The birds are because Chakoty is at one with nature, remember?

Is it just me or is the love interest in this episode play Sarah Silvermen?
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Is it just me or is the love interest in this episode play Sarah Silvermen?
Yes, she is.

I think the summary hits the nail square on the head: people like this episode because it tries something different. It's one of the few times where Voyager really tried to break the mould, in everything from the setting to certain elements of the plot - like, for instance, Braxton's Doc Brown impression which was a level of focused whimsy rarely seen outside of Picardo's scenes - and when you don't overthink the plot it actually works. What I perhaps appreciate most is that it's one of those times when it really feels like the people making the episodes cared for it and wanted to make something not just adequate, but truly impressive. You can question wether that worked, but it was sure refreshing to see an episode that wasn't afraid to ditch the Voyager Plot Rulebook.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Either this or "The Q and the Grey" was the last Voyager episode I actually watched completely (I once caught one of the season premieres at the very end - the one with the fake Starfleet transwarp ship)..... wait, no, I'm an idiot, the 100th episode was the last I saw because it was gonna have Geordi in it. Big mistake there.....

But yeah, by the end of Season 2 I'd given up completely on Voyager and only caught episodes once and a while if they caught my interest ("Flashback", obviously, and this one due to the time travel bit). A good thing too, apparently.

Thanks for the fun read, Chuck. :)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

I'm a bit surprised you haven't even done a full text review of "Fair Trade" yet. Neelix insists that he had never lied to them prior to that episode.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Kythnos
Youngling

Post by Kythnos »

I do "kind of like" the episode but mainly because it is the Start of the Doctors Arc, after this episode he is used a lot more because he is not tied to sick bay.
There's a great difference between potential and developed power. The one is clearly visible and can be awe-inspiring. The other may take a demigod to recognize.