Dennis Mullan / Ghost Rider

To Absent Friends • Requiescat in Pace

Moderator: Moderators

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: ATTENTION EVERYONE! Re: Ghost Rider

Post by Enigma »

Any info as to what he bought and from where? It'd be great if they can track down the store and ask them if they have seen Dennis.
Last edited by Enigma on 2011-01-09 11:34am, edited 1 time in total.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Nomad wrote:I've been told that the police did find out that he had used his credit card on the 3rd for a charge of $9.99. So that's some what good news.
It's only good news if he was the one who used it, but yes, this is potentially hopeful news. Thank you for the update.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Nomad
Redshirt

Post by Nomad »

No the credit card company wouldn't tell them that and have since locked down the account and are demanding a subpoena for any further information.
Nomad
Redshirt

Post by Nomad »

A subpoena that the police are already working on

Oh and yes I can confirm that the police do have his cell phone number and yes it was left in the hotel room.

(He usually leaves it behind and doesn't seem to like travailing with it on his person.)

It was a New York City cab and you can very easily just hail them from the street and there is apparently little record keeping.

-Dave
Nomad
Redshirt

Post by Nomad »

Just something Dennis's Mom Kate wanted me to pass on.

If in fact Dennis has decided to just leave and never wants to see her again she say's that she is ok with that.

She Said, "I just want to know that he is ok. If you talk to him just tell him that ok?"

So just in case somebody knows something and Dennis has asked them not to say anything; please pass on his Kate's Message to him.

Thank You,

-Nomad
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Has anyone set up a missing persons page that we could refer to?
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Uncluttered
Padawan Learner

Post by Uncluttered »

Havok wrote:Don't cabs have identification numbers? I mean, I don't think we are going to sit here and come up with something that someone hasn't already checked, but you never know.

And yeah, lets get the quote of the week/header changed please.
Can you tell us the name and address of the Hotel?
The hotels cameras may be sub par, but here is a list of nearby surveillance cameras that may have captured the taxi.
http://mediaeater.com/cameras/locations.html
If you put the hotels address into google maps, you will find hundred of webcameras nearby. Many of these record their footage.

NYC was buried under snow at that time. They were still not fully shoveled out by Jan 2nd. Chances are you can narrow down the path the taxi took by knowing which streets were plowed.
Also. NYC streets are often one way only.

Has anyone thought to call the hotel to find out if they have a preferred cab driver/company?

Here is a list of cab drivers with medallions.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/downloads/e ... rivers.xls

If the camera catches only a partial number, you can still narrow it down from this list.
This is my signature. Soon a fan-boy will use it for an ad hominem.
Tyralak
Youngling

Post by Tyralak »

Ok, I put up an announcement at ASVS, is there any other information I should include?
http://forums.asvs.org/topic/2143-ghost ... ease-read/
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Uncluttered wrote:
Havok wrote:Don't cabs have identification numbers? I mean, I don't think we are going to sit here and come up with something that someone hasn't already checked, but you never know.

And yeah, lets get the quote of the week/header changed please.
NYC was buried under snow at that time. They were still not fully shoveled out by Jan 2nd. Chances are you can narrow down the path the taxi took by knowing which streets were plowed.
Also. NYC streets are often one way only.
The city was almost completely accessible in Manhattan and most of the other boroughs.

Has anyone thought to call the hotel to find out if they have a preferred cab driver/company?
No hotel in the city uses a taxi service. Limousine and special driver services, maybe, but if you're smart in the city you use Medallion cabs. They are endless, they generally don't keep notes on where they pick people up or where they're going, and often times someone other than the driver owns the actual medallion and the taxis are randomly assigned to drivers.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Each cab is required to have a camera and storage system that records a photo of the passenger/s and the following:
The IVCS shall record images and the following information for
each image:
(a) Date and time;
(b) Taxicab medallion number;
(c) IVCS serial number; and
(d) IVCS indicator for event flags.
PDF: TLC Specifications
The problem is that after 7000 or so images, each new fare will overwrite the oldest image and given that it has been a week, it's getting more improbable that his might still be in the cab. Even then the problem as Straha pointed out still lies in finding that particular cab since the images are apparently not uploaded to a central database.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Sonofabitch, I'm gone a few days and come back to find this?

:(
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Last I heard from him was the 24th. I sent him a happy new years' on the 1st. I'll say this, for what it's worth: there are only a handful of reasons I'm still on this board, one being that I can PM Dennis. Nothing I heard from him indicated anything untoward.

Fuck, I hope he's okay.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Did you guys contact homeless shelters in the area? We get people that are stranded all the time. We also put up flyers for missing persons a lot since our guys are wandering around the street all day and might have seen them.

9.99 isn't even a minimum ATM draft, if he was using his card you'd think he'd buy a bus ticket or a phone card or something. Then again if he dropped his wallet and doesn't have an ID it might be hard to do much of anything. I hope he's alright.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Oh Jesus, no. I can only express my best wishes that he comes back safe :(
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

It's unlikely he'd just *poof* disappear like that out of his own volition, although I am obviously not privy to his private dealings, relationship with his family, etc.

But usually if people want to just cut ties, they don't tell anyone where they're going, while GR went to NYC and actually arrived there like he said he would.

I know it sounds harsh, but usually in those kinds of circumstances, something serious happens. People like that do show up in hospitals from time to time, though: if he was mugged and thus lost his wallet and ID, he might've been admitted somewhere as a John Doe. I'm sure the cops will check this angle as one of the first ones, though, so we should know soon enough.

For what it's worth, I have an acquaitance who will be leaving for NYC in March. It's probably not gonna help much, but I'll send GR's picture to her. Can't hurt, right?
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Updated information with DOB and more information about race. Also changed date format to the more conventional US style.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

GR is a good friend here and we frequently PM'd each other sharing our mutual love of comics and movies. I'm just holding my breath and hoping for the best.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Nomad
Redshirt

Post by Nomad »

OKay... I seem to have lost last night's post somehow. Maybe I wrote the whole thing and forgot to hit submit in the end?

Don't know, but anywhere apologies for not getting this out last night and let me try again...

So. To try and answer a few questions out there...

Can we have the hotel information of where he was staying?

Sure. Dennis (Ghost Rider) was staying at the:

Millennium UN Hotel Plaza
One United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017-3575

He was last seen, on security cameras, in front of this hotel getting into a cab at 5:17pm. I believe the detective told me that it was a SUV or Mini van style cab. I'll see if I can't get confirmation on this.

Can't you get the medallion number off of the cab?

No sadly we can not. The video quality off the security camera wasn't good enough to be able to catch this detail.

Have you checked the homeless shelters?
No. I hadn't thought of that, but it is an excellent idea. Thank you. I will pass this on to the detective and make sure it is in the checklist of calls that are made to the local hospitals.

And finally a question from me.
Has anyone ever created a Community Facebook page? I'm trying to make on for GR here and I've got a basic one going, but I'm fumbling around in trying to get it set up, and I'm not even sure what the best practices are or how everything work exactly. I'm good at learning this stuff usually, but so pressed for time at the moment I'd appreciate any advice and or help.

As always you guys have been awesome and I'm quickly learning why D hung out with you guys so much.
-Nomad
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

This news is absolutely horrific. I am so, so sorry to hear that GR has gone missing. I hope that everything turns out okay at the end of this. I just can't believe it'd be any other way. :(
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Updated missing page and flier with more information again.

Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Has the contact list in GRs cell phone been searched for contact information for John and Ron?

I realize that it is highly likely that this has been done but I figure it is better to ask a question that has been answered then not ask a question that hasn't been asked. If someone just went through the cell phones missed call, outgoing call list they might not find anything because GR might clean out that information.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Flagg wrote:What's the status of getting the banner changed to link to this thread? I see the quote of the week changed, but I think this is more important.
Thanas said in New Testingstan that it's being worked on. The quote change was done by a script according to him.
Nomad
Redshirt

Post by Nomad »

Yup.

Phone has been checked and is currently in the possession of the police that have already gone through the contacts list and everything.

His mother and I are currently diving into the online record details of the phone to try and locate the people he was seeing in NYC.

The phone is also currently still in the custody of the NYPD and they are continuing to monitor it.

We are also working on developing a proper timeline. Right now all of our notes are a giant mess and kind of scattered and at time manic. Once we get them into a format comprehensible to humans I'll release it here.

-Nomad
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I (we) appreciate you keeping us updated.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"