STGOD 2020 OOC Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Re: STGOD 2020 OOC Thread

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

White Haven wrote: 2020-12-05 10:02am Uh... is that supposed to be in the OOB thread, Crossroads? :)
Nah that's just me fuckering things up like normal...
seriously can we contact a mod to just flat delete the other post from the OOB?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Same schtick I did in the 2k8 game. If you want something to do, a stealth frigate can come knocking and make contact. Just let me know. How contact proceeds is mainly up to the contactee.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Just dropped my next post. I'm heading roughly north/northeast... ish... directions are a chancy thing when using alternate dimensions. I'm sure I'll run into someone soon enough, or one of you will run into me...

Be warned though. The Theophanic Empire's FTL tends to come with massive EMP bursts when translating. Have fun with that.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Updated map with the Haruhiists placed. They wound up to the galactic northwest, a few hexes inward of the Shroomian Pandemonium. https://imgur.com/CBeAsfk
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Along the northern fringe of the Black Star Consortium? If their primary purpose is to be a mod hammer of sorts, I guess that's a very good motivation for me to be on my best behavior.

Anyway, has anyone seen Dark Hellion around lately? First contact between the Haruhiists and the Shroomian Pandemonium sounds like it'd be fun. Also on the short list of places for the scouts to visit: Nashtar, Ernarn, the Great Khemplar State (has anyone also seen Esquire around?), Amazo-X. At least one of Endeavor's scouts is also bound to run into a Haruhiist scout eventually.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Their primary purpose isn't a hammer, but rather an annoyance and a way to give players something to do. The pirates don't have enough of a fleet to seriously threaten a player nation's military, at least not as I wrote them. The mods are free to decide otherwise, of course.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Hey All! Coming back from a bit of a holiday Hiatus. Working on another MAIN game post. but in the mean time decided to move forward with another "History" Post rather than wait for the finally of the "War in Heaven"
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

A quick summary of the galactic timeline up to 'now' from the Discord chat, in case anybody wants a primer (I may drop this in the role-play thread, not the main game thread, as well to make it easier to find):

~a very long time ago the Lazari emerged.

~The Skothians evolved at some point as well, and are of a similarly high technological level as the Lazari.

~some time after that, long enough that the Lazari were at a high enough tech level to observe them, the Xaranthai emerged. Once they were aware of the Lazari they asked for help to uplift their civilization, and the Lazari said no. This, understandably, offended the Xaranthai.

~At a point roughly 4,000 years before the 'now' of the STGOD, an early Human expedition founded the Theophanic Empire. Headcanon is they were the Mormons of the Nauvoo from the Expanse :P They may or may not have been quietly encouraged in this by other entities...

~The Xaranthai eventually commenced Dalek-ing themselves, and at some point roughly three thousand years before the 'now' of the STGOD, they started a war of extermination against the Lazari.

~The Orions were created by the Lazari during this War in Heaven to fight the Xaranthai. They did not appreciate this.

~During the War the Theophanic Empire somehow manages to escape notice by the two main factions. This is due mostly to being, at this point, small and out of the way. This may also be due to intervention on their behalf by other things.

~Eventually the Xaranthai manage to completely genocide the Lazari. However, the Lazari aren't completely helpless, and manage to decimate the Xaranthai by about 80% in the process.

~The Skothians, aware of the danger the Xaranthai pose to the galaxy due to their stance on organic life (they don't like it), decide to attack them. They do eradicate the Xaranthai... but are reduced dramatically to a shadow of their former strength as a civilization.

At this point it's roughly 2,000 years before 'now'.

The Skothians, and possibly the others of the Theophanic Empire, commence observing the various galactic civilizations and cleaning up the mess the Xaranthai and Lazari left behind. The warlike nature of the Orions means the Skothians stay away from them. There may have been a contact between the Skothians and the Empire at some point... but records are vague as of yet on this.

At various times in this 2,000 year period, Human expeditions are sent forth and establish their various polities in the galaxy. For whatever reason, they tend to not communicate very much with each other; at least some of them being largely post-scarcity means venturing beyond their boundaries to trade is basically unnecessary.

Now, the Skothians are quite aware of their decline as a civilization, but also that they're the only Kardashev type 2 civilization extant in this part of the galaxy. So they may be looking for a civilization that they can shepherd into taking their place on the galactic stage...
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Elheru Aran wrote: 2020-12-26 08:25pm
I like it so far, a few things... One, I would add mention that the Skothians, as they are known in the game, are all that is left from their civilization and started off in another galaxy "Far Far Away"

Thousands of years ago, a race known as the Skothian attained immense power and knowledge over thought. They toyed amongst the stars and hurled massive chunks of their own planet into space to create spaceships for no other reason than to display their power.

During this time, a religious sect began to grow in the belief that such power and arrogance would cause their races downfall. Predicting doomsday of their planet, they began constructing a massive Ark Ship to fill with all knowledge and science of their world. Seen as fanatics and dismissed as a cult, they were left alone to build their ship.

Their prediction sadly came true when another race came across the Skothians. On even levels of technology and size, the war was total attrition. The Skothians “won” but it left their world and people totally gutted and devastated.
The religious sect saw their worst fears come true and left their galaxy behind forever.

Nearly 2000 years later they came upon another galaxy and young races.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
VX-145
Padawan Learner

Post by VX-145 »

I don't mind being Rogue's contact, but I'll leave it for others to take first - I don't want to monopolise everyone's attention :P

Re: Timeline, seems to check out. Not sure when whatever happened to Earth... happened, but it's a loose timeline regardless.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

YO YO YO PEEPS!
Ok, so Eternal Freedom is finally back and has said he is going to work on making the final "War in Heaven" Climatic final battle...... Which I already skipped past in the prologue thread cause I wasn't sure if he was coming back...

As such, going on the whole, we can't edit threads things...
anyone else think it would be highly silly to do a brand new Thread JUST to allow us to re-edit posts that didn't get edited and post things so they arent out of order for later on?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I think it's not a big deal for him to just post. We don't need like, a fifth or sixth thread for one STGOD at this point :P
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

STGODs, and play by posts in general, always get a little out of whack with timelines simply because of how people's schedules line up. It's why I try to put timestamps on my posts (though I forgot on my last one). It's okay to just quote the last thing he's responding to (maybe not in full, but just to point back to the post he's continuing) and go on from there.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

That works.
The motion is rejected, next order of business :3
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Next order of business is I actually write the damn thing :D
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Eternal_Freedom wrote: 2021-01-02 06:52pm Next order of business is I actually write the damn thing :D
That would be awesome, and also keep me from posting yet more background fluff... Which I am in the middle of writing regardless ;P
Also, just a heads up, as in keeping the trend with some of the others, my most recent post is meant as a "Anyone wanting to make contact may make contact" as I flung my Cruiser "off course" and could have very well ended up "just about anywhere" as plot may dictate.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

A quick note. The event depicted in the latest post, may affect the plot of the game to some extent unknown as of yet. But please note that I don't intend to deploy my ships in this fashion against any actual live-human players. NPCs are fair game though :P

On a cheerful note, people should really calc relativistic events a little more often. Blowing up planets (hypothetically speaking, of course, turns out it actually takes a hell of a lot of energy to do that...) can be fun and educational!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Went through it a few times, and damn, probably one of the most horrifying, in the true sense of the word, descriptions I have seen in a long time. You really did do your homework for that, and certainly a hell of a lot more visceral than a lot of similar "Pew Pew Planet blows up" style things/
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Yo yo peeps.
ok so I have a question.
Currently stuff is about to go down in a bit of a mass encounter at far point.
right no were moving at the normal post by post with time ticking byu.

Well, I was thinking, I know things have been slow and people posting here and there, after a certain point, should we do a pre-planned "TimeSkip" ? I mean, certain things do take time, ships to be built, colonies to grow, certain long term constructions... I know it may not be for a while, but how do peeps feel about doing "1 year later" or something like that at a certain point?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

hey hey,
Reposting this on the discord as well, but also wanting to ask this here in case anyone else needs a clarification...
Elheru Aran ok.. What thrashed your warship? I thought I was following along with all the detail, but what did I miss? Something went wrong in warp? Did it get hit by somesort of interdiction field?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2021-01-21 02:39pm hey hey,
Reposting this on the discord as well, but also wanting to ask this here in case anyone else needs a clarification...
Elheru Aran ok.. What thrashed your warship? I thought I was following along with all the detail, but what did I miss? Something went wrong in warp? Did it get hit by somesort of interdiction field?
I don't see it on the Discord but to answer you... I don't know yet, lol. My rough theory is that for whatever reason FTL is occasionally hazardous for the Empire. Perhaps it's a quirk of their drive, whatever. Most of the time nothing happens. Sometimes minor damage. Rarely, but particularly on long trips, worse happens. This would be an example of worst case scenario, although not as bad as it can get considering one ship was found in a line of fragments the length of a solar system...
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Ahhhh interesting... So not a directly malicious. That is why I was confused, I kept looking for a post about, well whatever caused that.
Thats a heck of a operating bug" to have to contend with,

also, yeah got caught up with things and wasn't able to post it on discord before i posted here, so thanks for response.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
VX-145
Padawan Learner

Post by VX-145 »

So, a quick recap of the game-state:

Nebula:
-SOS, Nashtari, Sector, Theophanic and Endeavour fleets fought an action against some Black Star pirates attempting to board a disabled Theophanic colony ship/dreadnought, the Dystropos. The pirates were horribly outgunned, and were quickly defeated.
-The Dystropos suffered heavy damage during the attack, and is being repaired by Endeavour and Theophanic spacers. The same is true of the UISC Cruiser Thunder Bird.
-One Amaranth Tide-class Black Star cruiser was heavily damaged and captured, the other captured mostly intact. This may have implications with respect to finding more Black Star bases.
-A general "getting to know people" meeting is being held aboard the Dystropos, with all present for the battle invited to attend.
-The last two posts - Rogue 9's and mine - took place shortly before some of the other posts, specifically before the repairs began, but we're essentially caught up there.

Un-Named Colony World:
-First contact between the Theophanic Empire and Endeavour, nearly spoiled by the Theophanic Empire having blown up the Amazo-X home planet.
-Things have been smoothed over somewhat through diplomacy and the offer of sharing a planet, but will likely remain strained.

Amazo-X:
-Lost their home planet, but remained mostly intact. They're still in the same hex, in order to prevent issues with the map.
-Up to something. Something... nefarious.

I also did a quick X-ray view of my model for an Endeavour Kitsune-class cruiser, in this Google Document. Note, the model is not a 1/1 recreation, but is rather a representation of what the interior looks like.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Ahoy all!
A quick summary of my own..
just because there has been some confusion about what exactly "The Sector" / "The UISC" is and operates...

Basically the "UISC" operates a bit like the UN. It is a political organization that is supposed to work for the collective good of the Sector races, but is also supposed to 'neutral' in terms of it serving no one race or planet, but the combination of all those in the charter.

Currently the 'Members' as it were break down as the following.
"The Tajlan Empire"
Has the planets Tajlan and Jahlin.
Has the races of Qwintoni and Tejlini

The Tri Star Alliance.
Has the planets, Quatonia, Octona and Conearaza.
Has the races of Quatonian, Octonan and Conearian.

The Trathalan High Council
Has Trathala
Has Trathalans.

The main players are 'The Empier' and 'The Alliance' as The Trathalnas are a bit like the Amish, and just stay to themselves.
The Empire and Alliance are a bit like Russia and America.
The clash on a number of cultural levels, they don't always like each other, and having fought a war in the past always leaves a few sore spots... But that said, they still all "cooperate" together and contribute resources to the general "UISC" assembly.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
VX-145
Padawan Learner

Post by VX-145 »

I wrote up a list of all named Endeavour characters thus far, listing name, role and current location if applicable.

Here it is. Click here. It will make everything make sense. You know you want to click it.