"Archer" Season 10 trailer.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

"Archer" Season 10 trailer.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILmMhNN0hZc

Interesting how they've get genre-shifting the last few seasons, but I guess it keeps things fresh.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: "Archer" Season 10 trailer.

Post by Solauren »

I like the 'Coma Dreams' that Archer is having.

It let's them advance the timeline (how long was he in), and when Archer comes out of the coma, 'AJ' can be a few years old.
Combine that with the possibility of all the dreaming Archer doing coming to terms with a FEW of his issues, we can go back into the pure spy/detective genre again, combined with Archer now being a father to a little girl, as well as him playing catch up.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

This looks way better then the last season. I've been down with the idea of the shifts, but not how all of them have actually gone down.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Solauren wrote: 2019-04-28 11:39am I like the 'Coma Dreams' that Archer is having.

It let's them advance the timeline (how long was he in), and when Archer comes out of the coma, 'AJ' can be a few years old.
Combine that with the possibility of all the dreaming Archer doing coming to terms with a FEW of his issues, we can go back into the pure spy/detective genre again, combined with Archer now being a father to a little girl, as well as him playing catch up.
IIRC, the show is going to be canceled after next season, or was last I heard.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The creator said he wanted to do 10 seasons a few years ago, and frankly if this is what season 10 is, I'd be a little surprised if that isn't what happens. It's kinda the last frontier for the show, and it's going to burn it's jokes really fast.

There is however no official word on this since 2016.

Since everything since season 7's end is a dream though, it's not out of the question to do another season back in the original setting and wrap up on that. But the whole reason for the dream stuff was how overplayed that was getting. Fox will totally want this to keep going, so it may just come down to how much of a bonus are they prepared to offer for a season 11.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Or have a new writer/producer take over the show, at which point the fans will declare "RUINED FOREVER!" before a single episode airs.