Forgotten Realms Pt1: The breaking of the Quivering Thumb

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Coaan wrote: As both the Elf and the human talked, the Raven perched carefully on Caoimhin's shoulder, extending his wings once before coming to a settle. He watched the exchange with a degree of curiousity. He let out a quiet caw and hopped from Caoimhin's shoulder to the ground, shifting back to his original form in an instant.

He reached up carefully once when in human form and carefully adjusted his throat before speaking

"I trust those slaves escaped without harm?"
"I hope so... They made it through the tunnel, how far they got after that I dont know...these explosive runes...how to deal with these..."
Last edited by Alyrium Denryle on 2004-03-07 03:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
lazerus
The Fuzzy Doom

Post by lazerus »

++I am stuck sans books in the land of 56K modens for the better part of the week, can someone please tell me if I can use Bull Strenght with Peremence?++
3D Printed Custom Miniatures! Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

(Linky)

(Takes five seconds at most to grab with 56k for all but the big files...and then it takes 15 secs..good server they have)
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

lazerus wrote:++I am stuck sans books in the land of 56K modens for the better part of the week, can someone please tell me if I can use Bull Strenght with Peremence?++
If the DM says you can
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Coaan wrote:(Linky)

(Takes five seconds at most to grab with 56k for all but the big files...and then it takes 15 secs..good server they have)
(He refuses the SRD, or at least he did when I gave him the link the first time.)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

lazerus wrote:++I am stuck sans books in the land of 56K modens for the better part of the week, can someone please tell me if I can use Bull Strenght with Peremence?++
Nope, you cant. Nothing short of a wish can grant you a permanent bonus to an ability score, and thats only +1 at a time, to a maximum of +5.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Last edited by Alyrium Denryle on 2004-03-07 03:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

lazerus
The Fuzzy Doom

Post by lazerus »

++thanks for the link, and the SRD is good for most things other then charachter creation++

I wait for the rest of my forces to show up
3D Printed Custom Miniatures! Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"I prepare my move equivalent to absorb spellfire.

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"well my dear, it seems you trapped your spellbook... to bad I wield spellfire"

I absorb both spells, and open the spellbook.

Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:"well my dear, it seems you trapped your spellbook... to bad I wield spellfire"

I absorb both spells, and open the spellbook.
You find blank sheets of paper, throughout the entire book, except the last page, which contains a scrawled note reading 'Purple Lady festhall, 5th of Flamerule, noon."
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"hmmm... " Astinius had been looking forward toplundering her spellbook.. and now that joy had been taken from him

"So.. what are we going to do with this magic wielding Fleshy? I think we can afford to ungag her"

Astinius reached down and removes the gag

"I will pemenantly remove your spellcasting f you try anything.. I will not hurt you otherwise"

Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:"hmmm... " Astinius had been looking forward toplundering her spellbook.. and now that joy had been taken from him

"So.. what are we going to do with this magic wielding Fleshy? I think we can afford to ungag her"

Astinius reached down and removes the gag

"I will pemenantly remove your spellcasting f you try anything.. I will not hurt you otherwise"
The woman makes a face at you, displaying her disgust at being captured.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"I realize that you did not ask to be in the position that you are in... My friends could have treated you better, you do look a bit beat up."

Astinius reaches down and releases 6 levels of healing spellfire, and heals whatever minor wounds she may have(12 points of damage total)

"Can we start with yor name? Mine is Astinius"

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

OOC: Dramatic Entrance Time!

Wrapped in the nearly-blinding mystical energies of True Spellfire, Malkamar drifted, feet above the ground, into the section of the Abby where the impromptu interrogation occoured. His feet lightly touching the ground as the flames of supernatural power licked around him, he quirked an eyebrow to Astinius and looked to the bound spellcaster.

"I speak for Lady Mystra, granter of all magic in the Realms. Answer the man's questions."

(10 spellfire levels expended to don the almighty Crown Of Fire, probably around 3 to Flight to hover into the Abby. Down to 77).
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Astinius looked to his friend Malkamar, known to him as Malk and did what passed as a wink and a wry smile

"Well my dear, it seems as if we have two wielders of spellfire here today"

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

The shadow slithered through the city, looking for clues and unusual activity, especially magical kind, as its master ordered it.
As it was near the abbyits interest got spiked. Something unusual was happening. Maybe that's what his master was looking for... It dashed back again to him.

Tash twitched slightly as the Shadow came through the wall.
"You should be used to it by now," Duncan chuckled. He turned to his shadow, and he told him what he saw.
"Tash, I think we'll be going for a little exploration tour. Maybe we have found those guys from the arena. I'm sure want to meet them.At least it's more fun than just staying here."
Tash raised his eyebrows and looked a bit hurt.
"Oh well, not everything is boring around you," He smiled.
They took their cloaks, and went to the abby.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Tormantineth, first of the prior hatching of Tinnarithimen the Bronze to leave the nest in search of her own treasure and adventures, had been gliding over the town of Westgate on her way to wherever she felt like it. After all, she didn't want to be in the way of her nest-siblings when they finally decided to leave, and since Mama Tinnarithimen didn't know that Tormantineth had decided to leave this early, it might be best to be far away when she and Papa Lerigerth found her gone. She'd left a note. They shouldn't get too mad if she left a note, right?

Oooooooooooh... what's *that*?!

Below her, the town was in chaos, the main collasuem in flames, people streaming everywhere like ants from a kicked anthill. Not that she knew what that looked like. Honest. That was an accident. But her sharp draconic vision caught somethig *Pretty*, like a butterfly of fire drifting in the air. Turning on her tail, she swooped lower, her eyes catching sight of something within the glowing blue-white fire. Following it at a distance, she saw it enter a human dwelling.

Awwwwwwwwww... But I wanna know what it is!

Her Mama had said it's not good to be that curious about humans.... but this wasn't a human. This was a .... a.... a Glowey Butterfly! Yes, Tormantineth should investigate the Glowey Butterfly.

Thus, Tormantineth follows the Glowey Butterfly into the window of the Abby, landing on all fours just inside and looking at those assembled with wide green eyes, her wings folding back along her spine. Her head rose, looking at each one in turn, her tail curling catlike protective about her feet. She was nearly 7 ft long tip to tail, her head rising to (Malk)'s shoulder... a small Bronze Dragon, her brightly shining scales testiment to her youth, as was her first question to Malk:

You're not a Butterfly...... why are you Glowey?!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Duncan now was within visual range of the abby, and if a small dragon flying inside the house wasn't unusual, he didn't know what it was.
They tried to be as stealthy as possible as they closed to the abby.
Last edited by Dahak on 2004-03-07 04:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Dahak wrote:Duncan now was within visual range of the abby, and when a small dragon clinging to the outside of the house wasnn't unusual, he didn't know what it was.
(OOC note, is inside, not clinging to the outside. Sorry if I wasn't clear :( )
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

LadyTevar wrote:
Dahak wrote:Duncan now was within visual range of the abby, and when a small dragon clinging to the outside of the house wasnn't unusual, he didn't know what it was.
(OOC note, is inside, not clinging to the outside. Sorry if I wasn't clear :( )
*edited*
:)
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"Isnt being violated by everything from demons to astral devas enough Imatar?" Astinius mumbled tohimself

Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Caoimhin leaned back against the griffon with a soft chuckle at the interrogation going on before him.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Keevan_Colton wrote:Caoimhin leaned back against the griffon with a soft chuckle at the interrogation going on before him.
Astinius shot Caoimhin a venomous glare
"Dont you think someone would have noticed that dragon?"

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

He turned to the drragon

"Hi!" he said in the nicest tone he could muster
"He is glowey because he wields spellfire like it was water... I am sorry if I seem a bit mean right now, but we just made a lot ofvery powerful bad people, very very mad at us."
Last edited by Alyrium Denryle on 2004-03-07 04:49pm, edited 1 time in total.