So which other universe COULDN'T beat Star Trek?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

So which other universe COULDN'T beat Star Trek?

Post by Galvatron »

I'll start. I'd say that Andy Griffith couldn't do it. I think Dukes of Hazzard would put the Confederate Smackdown (TM) though. Miami Vice might have some trouble, but I think they'd edge out the Federation in the long run.

:P
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Heh seriously
Mostly Animas would loose but I'd love to see a Gundum VS Federation Fight :)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Mr Bean wrote:Heh seriously
Mostly Animas would loose but I'd love to see a Gundum VS Federation Fight :)
You mean anime? Most would kick the ufp's butt. I know some anime that would give the 4 empire from weber fits. I would put most of anime between star-trek and wars in power.

A good one ufp would win against is movie MI and movie wing command.
Renewed_Valour1
Padawan Learner

Re: So which other universe COULDN'T beat Star Trek?

Post by Renewed_Valour1 »

Darth Jehovah wrote:I'll start. I'd say that Andy Griffith couldn't do it. I think Dukes of Hazzard would put the Confederate Smackdown (TM) though. Miami Vice might have some trouble, but I think they'd edge out the Federation in the long run. :P

Do you mean entire universe or factions in that universe? I can think of many factions that might lose to the UFP.
Needa
Youngling

Post by Needa »

Perhaps Stargate? I don't know that much about this serie.

MMMM it's a big may be, but Red shirts are gonna be slaughtered in ground combat.
Before you, pitiful trolls, invade this forum take note that:
Mr. Bean will not fear using his irony agaisnt you.
Sir Nitram will burn your idiotic arguments.
Grand Admiral Thrawn will generously dismember your illogical thoughts.
Master of Ossus will bash your stupidity.

And if you are still alive, DARTH WONG WILL CRUSH WHAT'S LEFT. You have been warned.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Stargate? O'neil would kill every member of SF single-handed.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Nah Jackson would exstole the virtues of the federation and they would go kill the G'ould together.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

I think the Saturnians in the old danish comicbook Rejsen Til Saturn (The Travel to Saturn) would have trouble defeating the federation.... they would definately not last a minute against the Dominion, the Romulans or (shock, horror) the Ferengi!!![/i]
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

STARGATE LOSING TO UFP! *laughs until his heart explodes, and he can thus not post*

But seroiusly the goa'uld would crush the ufp with an iron boot that has a spar on it.weve seen there weps can generate 2.5 gigaton kabooms. thats far more than enough to kill a fed ship (equal to about 80 photorps) and the asgard are even more powerful, also put in the fact that O'Neal could kill all of ST with his P.40, 5 clips, and a couple of C-4s
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Mr Roger's Neighborhood
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Needa
Youngling

Post by Needa »

Of course, if the Nasgards are there, sure UFP as no chance.
G'oalud (sp?) technologie isn't my speciality, but how many pyramidal ship they have anyway? I will be interested to see their industrial capacity.
Before you, pitiful trolls, invade this forum take note that:
Mr. Bean will not fear using his irony agaisnt you.
Sir Nitram will burn your idiotic arguments.
Grand Admiral Thrawn will generously dismember your illogical thoughts.
Master of Ossus will bash your stupidity.

And if you are still alive, DARTH WONG WILL CRUSH WHAT'S LEFT. You have been warned.
Aaron2
Youngling

Post by Aaron2 »

I'd bet on the Feds vs Jason of Star Command. Maybe even vs Battlestar Galactica (even though the Feds don't possess the awesome power of TURBO)

Oh, and they could possibly beat the Far Out Space Nuts.

Aaron
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

The "Independence Day" aliens might have a hard time against Starfleet, but then again, they might be an even match...
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

The movie MI probably couldn't do the job as they are the only troops ever with less tactical skill than the Feds. I mean seriously a ten foot spider is twenty feet away and you can't put rounds into its body with an automatic weapon that has virtually no recoil?
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

I think Tellitubbies could give the ST universe a run for its money.
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

The Care Bears? [Runs and hides]
Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

The freespace universe, only ship shields in it is nigh on invulnerable because of them!
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:STARGATE LOSING TO UFP! *laughs until his heart explodes, and he can thus not post*

But seroiusly the goa'uld would crush the ufp with an iron boot that has a spar on it.weve seen there weps can generate 2.5 gigaton kabooms. thats far more than enough to kill a fed ship (equal to about 80 photorps) and the asgard are even more powerful, also put in the fact that O'Neal could kill all of ST with his P.40, 5 clips, and a couple of C-4s
2.5 GT? Interesting....what episode was that? Which character gave that number?
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Goa'uld

Post by NecronLord »

The 2.5 gigaton weapons was actually a device Anubis got himself which transferred energy into a remote stargate until eventually it explodes with the force of a 2.5 Gigaton blast, destroying a big chunk of the target planet and rendering it uninhabitable, carter says it in the first episode of seson 6 (Redemption)

The largest Goa'uld ship that has been seen is Apophis' battleship, which was several kilometers long, The main ships they use are Ha'tac ships, about a kilometer, with a crew of 1000, plus space for about another 10,000 if needed. They have sheilds capable of surviving blasts from one gigaton nuclear weapons with no effect other than a slight shake, And are each capable of launching a Legion of two man fighters, going by the size of a roman legion, the closest thing, this puts it at around 5000 def-gliders per ship.

Recently Anubis has upgraded the sheilds and weapons of his ships to be able to survive multiple attacks from an asguard mothership (Revalations), though it did seem to take two ships to destroy one asguard mothership.

The good news for the feds is that The System Lords (goa'uld ruling council) are perpetually fueding against each other which hampers their industrial output. That said the system lords are capable of sparing a fleet of 200 Ha'tac to deal with anyone who annoys them, There are also rogue Goa'uld such as Sokar, and later apophis (after O'neill and turned him over to Sokar) whose power matches that of the system lords, or at least enough for them to be confident of overthrowing the system lords.

Also someone claimed that the staff weapon they give to Jaffa is the most powerful weapon the Goa'uld have, this is not true they also have developed a weapon Called a TER (Transphase eradication rod, fantastic name, it could have been named by data) which higlights and destroys phase shifted objects, So much for the trekkie phase cloak. Also all of Apophis' ships were fitted with cloaking devices, though we never saw them fire when cloaked, so presumably they can't. We have also seen a type of planetery sheild designede for filtering out high end radiation and making planets inhabitable, This would probably be able to prevent fed transporters working, [i can see it now, Feds beam down, with an away team consisting of three major characters and two redtops, Redshirts get it instantly main characters get implanted with Goa'uld symbiotes, the goa'uld know how virtually all fed tech works, the sheild is lowered again, the feds beam main characters back up, main characters set self destruct on fed ship...]
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Kosh_The_Vorlon
Youngling

Post by Kosh_The_Vorlon »

Crazy_Vasey wrote:The freespace universe, only ship shields in it is nigh on invulnerable because of them!
:?
IIRC, we've seen FS ships putting out Gigaton-level beam blasts, which is far more than any Fed ship can handle.....Then again, there's that annoying allergy that FS armor has to large rocks :D
There is no God.
But it does not matter.
Man is enough.
Edna St. Vincent Milay, Conversation at Midnight

There will never be a resolution in the evolution vs creationism debate because neither side can conclusively prove that they are right. The creationists can't prove that they're right becuase they're not, and the evolutionists can't prove that they're right because the creationists are too damn stupid to listen.
HemlockGrey