Fanfiction site

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Romulan_nemesis
Youngling

Fanfiction site

Post by Romulan_nemesis »

Okay, I have been to this site where it's an actual script for The Next Generation written by a fan that has a star wars crossover involved as the main plot. I can't find it in my favorites, and I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this page and if so, can I have the url?

Also, I'd like to see Mike Wong write another fanfic. Does anyone know if he plans to make another?

Rommie
Hillary Clinton for President:
http://www.votehillary.org/

Bob Casey for U.S. Senate
http://www.bobcaseyforpa.com/
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Naa his first one was pretty Mediocer to being with (No Offense Wong but thats a Degree is not in English Lit :D)
Heck I've been kiciking around the idea of right one myself for awhile but then I think I'm a touch to mental biased towards SW thanks to the numbers I found after I discovered Wongs website(When you have 100x the power needed to Destroy a ship its a little hard to imagin a fair fight)

I had tossed around a Q throws a planet and ISD into The Alpha Quadren and Voyager just happens to be passing and the ISD blows it to hell(Of course this is every ST fans dream :D, Voyager being destoryed that is) but they get a warning message off
That might turn somthing intresting

Also a blind jump by a damaged ISD hits a weird INSERT HALF PAGE OF TECNOBABLE TO EXPLAN HOW IT ENDS UP IN ST UNIVERS HERE and thus finds itself at odds

I had a few other ideas if anyone carses to here

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Sorry, Beannie

Post by Master of Ossus »

I'd like to see your degree in English Lit if you're going to "right" a fanfic on something. I also am very surprised you thought that Wong's (note the apostrophe, it's that little key next to the enter and above the question mark) fanfic was mediocre. I thought that it could have been better, granted, but I also thought that the ending was extremely strong (if a bit too predictable.) I can safely say that no fanfiction based on either plot you describe will best Wong's story for story arc, and if your post on this topic is representive of your writing ability and style I would not even bother to start typing.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Romulan_nemesis, I hope you're not thinking of Graham Kennedy's fanfic. That piece of garbage was so horrible that I had to stop reading it after about two paragraphs into it.

Federation shields immune to turbolasers my ass. :roll:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'd like to see your degree in English Lit if you're going to "right" a fanfic on something. I also am very surprised you thought that Wong's (note the apostrophe, it's that little key next to the enter and above the question mark) fanfic was mediocre. I thought that it could have been better, granted, but I also thought that the ending was extremely strong (if a bit too predictable.) I can safely say that no fanfiction based on either plot you describe will best Wong's story for story arc, and if your post on this topic is representive of your writing ability and style I would not even bother to start typing.
Heh Heh A question of my Grammer?
I'll answear you the same way I answear everyone Else
My English? Its Fine
Hows your Farsi?
:D never assume English is somones native Language we all make mistakes

As writing one myself you don't need a Lit Degree to be a Critic, :D One of my talents in anaylis of most anything
And while I don't have a Degree in English Lit I do know what I like and don't like, Along with some spiffy English terms to throw in, Wongs Story while nice on the surface after the intiatal conflict lacked any real Drama, Sure you had this and that going on but none of it was realy taken as far as it could have. Charater devolpment was lacking and there was a lack of flow, The set-up was right but the diffrent events did not realy tack togther.
I rated it KJA on a author scale, The fic built up but did not realy come to any real conculsion. It walked when it should have been running, whispered when it should have been screaming and dictated when it should have been teaching. While I don't claim a Eng Lit Degree my Aunt CAN make that claim and while it may sound like a appel to authorty and it sort of is the fact was when I ran it by here she had much the same critisisms as I did.
Thus I felt it safe to post up here on the board

And a final note
can safely say that no fanfiction based on either plot you describe will best Wong's story for story arc,
In which I can reply right back at ya
How did you come by this startling conculsion?
What if Zahn wrote it say
And it had Thrawn
And Tribbles?
Would you still hate it?

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Hi guys,

Quick question. How do you post a fan fic? I've been to some of the sites, particulally the Star Trek vs. Star Wars site that Wong's fic is posted on. I was just wondering because I couldn't find a submission policy and I wanted to post a chapter to see if anyone likes it before I decide to keep on writing it.

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance. :D
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Post it in Pure-SW and we will rip it apart for your fun and pleasure

Or Off-Topic maybe where we will make helpful suggestions by complete Strangers and possibly idiots
Then rip it apart
:D

Your choice

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Rommie, what story are you lookin' for? Is that the story where Enterprise teamed-up with the New Republic against Hesk and Admiral Raust?

Anyway, you can find a lotta fanfics in www.fanfix.com
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Ah... waidda minute... You said SCRIPT, did you? Probably the story you're looking for is "For The Honor of the Empire". You can find it on www.fanfix.com (go to the Crossover section).
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Stravo wrote:Hi guys,

Quick question. How do you post a fan fic? I've been to some of the sites, particulally the Star Trek vs. Star Wars site that Wong's fic is posted on. I was just wondering because I couldn't find a submission policy and I wanted to post a chapter to see if anyone likes it before I decide to keep on writing it.

Get a newsreader, set it up, and go to alt.startrek.vs.starwars. Post your fanfic there, and it will usually go into the Archive (if it's bad, however, it might wind up in the Crap section :)). FYI, I'm the mirror maintainer for it; ask away.

If you don't have a newsreader (Outlook Express is one, but you must set it up first) you can go to http://groups.google.com.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Romulan_nemesis
Youngling

Post by Romulan_nemesis »

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Also, Grahm Kennedy's Fic, (I forget who mentioned it...) was pretty pathetic. I read the entire thing, and while the idea was great,...its a shame for a trekkie to admit it, but NO Federation ship, or alpha quadrant ship could take that many hits from all those TIE fighters and ISDs and only have the shields down to a few percents below.

It reminds me of something out of those old 1960's The Outer Limits episodes where they got everything wrong.

Rommie
Hillary Clinton for President:
http://www.votehillary.org/

Bob Casey for U.S. Senate
http://www.bobcaseyforpa.com/
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Guys thanks so much for the answers and suggestions!!

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Stravo wrote:Hi guys,

If you want it on http://daltonator.net/fanfics/main.html then use a newreader like Express, or post it here: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&s ... s.starwars
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

I'm willing to follow up with Mr. Bean's suggestion and post the first (and only) chapter of Star Crossed my very first fanfic ever on Pure Star Wars (although, it is a crossover story with ST) to see how well it holds up to you fine people's tastes. :D If it sucks then I haven't really wasted my time and we can all have a laugh (at my expense...hmmmm) If its good then I can continue writing and we can enjoy how it progresses.

I just don't want to post it if its against the rules, I wouldn't want to step on any moderator's toes or upset the Good Mr. Wong who provided us with such a fine forum. So, I guess if I can get the OK from someone I'll go ahead and do that later today.

Thanks again for all the help.