A Lesson for Everyone (USSS Plans to interview Eminem)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

At least now we know what he'll be whining about in his next album.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:Guys, I ain't no american. Heck, I ain't livin' in da U.S. either. But who's the moron who wrote that law anyway? How about freedom of speech? Is saying you wanna kill someone the same with actually killing him? Is threat going make you actually dead?????
Freedom of speech has never covered threats of any sort. If you seriously think freedom of speech should cover threatening to harm another human being I'd like you to explain why. And despite what a number of people think, this isn't something that's confined to the President, threaten some average joe on the street and you'll see that.
Wedge
Padawan Learner

Post by Wedge »

And what would happen if I as not american would say I would kill Bush? Does the same law apply. So when does to fit only if I am in America or if I am an American??
"Who controls the past controls the future who controls the present controls the past" - George Orwell - 1984

"One must always make an argument that is convincing, but never necessarily satisfying (or, in most cases, even logical)." - Axis Kast
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Wedge wrote:And what would happen if I as not american would say I would kill Bush? Does the same law apply. So when does to fit only if I am in America or if I am an American??
Making death threats internationally isn't any smarter than doing it here in the States. You'd probably be investigated by your local authorities and if you did make the threats be charged under local law or extradited.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Wedge wrote:And what would happen if I as not american would say I would kill Bush? Does the same law apply. So when does to fit only if I am in America or if I am an American??
If you are in the United States, Title 18 applies, full stop.
h0rus
BANNED

Post by h0rus »

Let's all hold hands and asskiss the president.

I'm certain that would please some forum members.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

h0rus wrote:(Illegal threat removed)

He's a fucking artist, not a goddamned killer. It's all a fucking image he projects, the badass image. Yet another example of an inflexable approach to dealing with people.
Can an op please remove this? There are some legal issues to worry about here, methinks.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Durran Korr wrote:
h0rus wrote:DELETED
Can an op please remove this? There are some legal issues to worry about here, methinks.
Depends, if he's not American and the board isn't hosted in the US.

No issues.

[Ando, we're all well aware of how little you like President Bush but you would do well to remember this server is hosted in America and your comments could get Lord MJ, Mike, and yourself into a lot of trouble not to mention resulting in the closing of the board. ~ Stormbringer]
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Well he makes a lot of threats currently Moby and Elton John are still up and walking....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Lord MJ is an American, and to the best of my knowledge, Mike's board is still hosted on his service - also located there.

In addition, if h0rus is an American citizen, he can still get burned anyways. It has happened on another board that I was on - the Secret Service came to give someone an unpleasent talk.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I don't really care, you can bash Bush as much as you want, but I wouldn't like to see anyone on this forum get in trouble.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

h0rus wrote:Post erased from SD.net ~ Crown

He's a fucking artist, not a goddamned killer.
John Wilkes Booth was an actor, if you may recall. If you can show a pattern of those who have attempted (and/or succeeded in) assasinating US presidents, by all means do so.
It's all a fucking image he projects, the badass image. Yet another example of an inflexable approach to dealing with people.
So he'll get an interview with the Secret Service and probably nothing of any importance will happen. You make it sound like he's being persecuted!
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Horus you ass. I deleted the post. DO NOT POST THAT AGAIN. It is illegal you dumb fuck.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I love Eminem. He's living proof that white supremacists are dead fucking wrong.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Stravo wrote:Horus you ass. I deleted the post. DO NOT POST THAT AGAIN. It is illegal you dumb fuck.
Yeah, though as far as I am concerned its on par stupidity wise with the fucking law over here that putting postage stamps with the reigning monarch on a letter upside down is an act of treason.

Welcome to the wonderful world of stupid fucking idiots....unfortunately, they generally seem to float to the top.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Since some people simply can't think, this thread has been closed.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

h0rus wrote:Let's all hold hands and asskiss the president.

I'm certain that would please some forum members.
Do you even realize what you originaly did and what it means to this board? As others have made abundantly clear what you did is a very real danger to Mike and the continued existance of this board. This has nothing to do with kissing the Presidents ass. I myself can't stand Bush but I am very aware of the issue of threatening the Presidents life. It is against the law and causes many more problems then one can think.

Your little snipe is not well thought out and your continued mockery of the moderator staff is not appreciated. You shouldn't have edited your post either time. Think things over h0rus, you did things that have highly agrivated the moderator staff and members of this board.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

Okay, this is just a warning, folks...

Dear h0rus and weemadando:
Do not do this again. The consequences laid against you will be quite dire.

DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?

Edit: Upon consultation with another admin, I have reversed h0rus's punishment based on the fact that the incident is two days old and that I acted hastily.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.