The Virus-X argument databank

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

The Virus-X argument databank

Post by Connor MacLeod »

I actually renamed it, given the guy seems to obsess over people for maligning his pristine pure name, but what it is is that some time ago, prior to the debate, I went through and made a collection of various Virus-X arguments, particularily those pertaining to attacks on Mike Wong from the MSN website that spawned all this originally.

Given the irrational and violent reaction Virus-X has directed at Mike, as well as the lies he perpetuates about Mike's so called "harassment" of him, I just thought I would point out just how Mr. Virus-X has been sniping at Mike before being brought to Mike's attention:

Mike-Wong specific attacks:

"The size of explosions"

"The Survivors Fallacy"

"his counter page to SD.net"

"Nkllon debacle"

"Base Delta Zero"

Slave-1 vs Defiant: Virus-X comments on you directly, again confuses acceleration with velocity

More on Nkllon and attacking Mike (Claims it was mostly "fabrication and speculation" on his part)

More TDIC stuff (includes some "commentary" about Mike, but mostly TDIC analysis)

More attacks on Mike as a "liar" whose arguments were refuted

More Virus-X claiming Mike is a liar

Another claim of Wong lying

Ironically, he has not limited himself to attacking just Mike, either - he's attacked Curtis Saxton as well:

Attack on 900 km Death Star 2

More various things - claims Curtis is basically not a "physicist" - from what I read

The rest of it is mostly just assorted "Arguments" he has made, and I present simply to illustrate his position on the issue (which I presume hasn't changed much) and to give anyone a reference to his arguments should they find themselves in debate with him:

TDIC-script

More TDIC Semantics

Virus-X and modern nukes

More V-X and nukes

V-X and nukes Part 3

V-X, nukes, and TDIC

V-X equates full impulse with acceleration

Protorps vs Photorps (Broad topic, since he talks alot in it)

Virus-X on Imperial Economics

More Imperial economics with V-X

Claims cruise missile superior to proton torpedo in terms of targeting, claims Federation can produce superior Jedi

Continuation of above, with velocity commentary and a claimed 200km turbolaser range (which is atmospheric in RSB)

Cloaks, sensors and the "canon" TNG TM

claims phaser can destroy M1 Abrams, more "canon"

ST cloak theory from V-X

Virus-X BDZ fallacy

More Federation "relatavistic speed" claims, more frequency stuff with Imperial shields, general science and semantics stuff (Again, I suggest reading this one for something interesting.)

More Virus-X frequency stuff

More General Virus-X science

"Imperial officers are cowards"

Boasts on his military background in Panama

Virus-X claims a=FM is "physical component" for a laser: (I'm uncertain about this, so you may want to check the previous post - someone claimed there was a "physical component" to SW lasers)

More frequency and nuke stuff

More idle comment on himself and his life

Borg Isokinetic mine yield for destroying solar system (implied), more shield frequency stuff and "turbolasers ARE real lasers", more science stuff, etc..

Claims Photon torpedo could destroy Sun crusher

Explosions in space, "Hypermatter output", Empire has no FTL sensors or communications, ST can build ships as large as the Empire, Romulans and Cardassians can destroy 30% of planet's crust in 4 seconds

More boasting

Yet more boasting

"Death Stars took decades to build"

More TDIC/8472 claims

Shield analysis

Random ST firepower statements

Claims of high end torpedo firepower

more TDIC stuff

More Borg isokinetic mine logic

Supernovas, and ISD analysis by V-X

More Borg isokinetic mine logic

More ranting, boasting, and claims

More claims including "energy isn't measured in gigatons"

Slave 1 vs Defiant, more inability to tell velocity from acceleration

Claims lasers are not kiloton range for SW

More boasting of his qualifications

TDIC continued

V-X tossing insults

The usual TDIC stuff

More Fed Firepower stuff

Complaints about asteroids

lasers abide by F=MA??
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

I suspect now, having taken the bold step of suggesting that the man is wrong, I have no doubt "crossed" him and made an enemy for life. I wonder if this means he will now snipe at me in private from his live journal and threaten me as well. :roll:

These have to be the most ludicrous examples in the databank I have found

http://groups.msn.com/StarTrekVsStarWar ... ssage=2644
Virus-X wrote: I don't take home-made measurements on speed; only what's written by the 'experts' (authorized personnel), and according to what's written, Slave-1 is capable of reaching a maximum velocity of 2.5 kG (2,500 G) of acceleration and sustaining. Also, Jango Fett did not do the most major modifications on Slave-1; technicians from Kuat Drive Yards did. They also did work for his 'son', Boba.
And as if that were not bad enough, he repeats the mistake again:

http://groups.msn.com/StarTrekVsStarWar ... ssage=2737
Virus-X wrote: According to the Star Trek Encyclopedia, a Reference Guide to the Future (Updated & Expanded Edition), normally, full impulse is rated at 270,000,000 kph. That's 25% the speed of light. According to Star Wars, the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the fastest the new X-wing class starfighter can hit is 3,700 G in space; that's about 37,000 kph. An A-wing can hit 5,100 G (about 51,000 kph). In the Star Wars: the New Jedi Order novel "Destiny's Way", a Jedi Knight committed suicide in an A-wing starfighter at 50,000 kph.
What is ironic is that, in referring to the New Jedi Order, Mr Virus-X ignores novels such as "Star by Star", which explicitly state SW fighters and other vessels can travel at near-c (which is repeated in later novels like Traitor). He also ignores the obvious fact that there was examples of reletavistic movement in DEstiny's Way, as well (true, on the Vong side mostly, but Vong fighters are comparable to SW ones.)

This is perhaps my second favorite set of commentary:

http://groups.msn.com/StarTrekVsStarWar ... ssage=2397
Virus-X wrote: 2. Only a Jedi could destroy the Death Star - so there is no hope for such an attempt by the Federation to succeed.
Please. A Tomahawk-class cruise missile from the USN is more than able to hit that 2-3 meter target (the thermal exhaust port). If ONLY a Jedi could do it, it's just more demonstration as to how bad their technologies truly are.

3. Vader vs. Anyone in Star Trek = Vader would win
Look at the episode "Unnatural Selection". The UFP Starfleet could manufacture Jedi; superior ones, at that. Look at the Ocampa. I seriously doubt they'd feel threatened by anything Vader did. If he was so bad, he'd probably still be alive, now. I don't even think a Vulcan could have too much to fear from him, considering they do intentionally train in combat and the use of psionic power.
And again, repeated foolishness:

http://groups.msn.com/StarTrekVsStarWar ... ssage=2405

In that, I love how he claims an M-16 outranges a proton torpedo.
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

This was a good idea Connor, all of Virus' classics in a single thread :lol:
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Very good idea, to make this "worst of" of Virus-X.

That shows how stupid he really is.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Don’t we have some “dress your fucking long URL’s” policy? :lol:
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Now in easier reading format :P
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Who are the people supposedly asking him these quesitons? I mean, it seems to be done in the style of Poe with taking excerpts from ASVS, except that the person asking the question appears to be an utter moron. Did he just pull this shit out of his ass? Are the Trekkies capable of any amount of creativity?

And perhaps the best question of all:

DID HE NOTICE THAT ALL OF THIS SHIT IS ADDRESSED AND REFUTED ON SD.NET?

Jesus, even Darkfucker is capable of greater intelligence then this asshole. G's of acceleration somehow equals maximum velocities? HA!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

In the Size of Explosions one, who's this Tulkas guy?
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Oh, man, this little boy just makes me cry with laughter. Take a look at these gems:
Big Fucking Idiot wrote: [arguing Turbolasers are real lasers]

Oh, so because you think 1-2 things are different from what you think you know about lasers, they can't be lasers. You sound like Wong. The new Star Wars Incredible Cross Sections still says they're lasers, and that the main destructive energies come from an 'invisible' beam of energy, which is accompanied by a burst of light. Funny, lasers are invisible and generate heat. Sounds like laser, to me. Especially when the only one calling it a holdover term is you, and not the people that publish the literature.
Increadible Fucking Moron wrote:If you actually study astrophysics, you'd realize that it's harder to destroy a planet, in many instances, than a star. I wouldn't expect you to know that, though, because it would take actual research.
Lying Dipshit wrote: Oh, so because you think 1-2 things are different from what you think you know about lasers, they can't be lasers. You sound like Wong. The new Star Wars Incredible Cross Sections still says they're lasers, and that the main destructive energies come from an 'invisible' beam of energy, which is accompanied by a burst of light. Funny, lasers are invisible and generate heat. Sounds like laser, to me. Especially when the only one calling it a holdover term is you, and not the people that publish the literature.
Mr. Self-Serving Argument wrote: [Arguing why Turbolasers not looking like lasers helps his argument]

You're debating special effects. You're saying that because the special effects don't look like what you think are the ways lasers work, they can't be so. If you want to point fingers, point them at yourself.

And this was all on a single page! This kid is a goldmine of stupidity. Seriously, he makes Darkstar look downright respectable by comparison. It saddens me to think that he is actually corrupting our nations young with his senseless drivel.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Oh, so because you think 1-2 things are different from what you think you know about lasers, they can't be lasers. You sound like Wong. The new Star Wars Incredible Cross Sections still says they're lasers, and that the main destructive energies come from an 'invisible' beam of energy, which is accompanied by a burst of light. Funny, lasers are invisible and generate heat. Sounds like laser, to me. Especially when the only one calling it a holdover term is you, and not the people that publish the literature.
You must really love this particular bit of stupidity, since you quoted it twice. :lol: Or was he stupid enough to copy and paste a single argument twice on one page? :shock:
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Rogue 9 wrote:
You must really love this particular bit of stupidity, since you quoted it twice. :lol: Or was he stupid enough to copy and paste a single argument twice on one page? :shock:
Copy/Paste error, although I do really like that bit of stupidity. :lol:
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

SO does this rival the RSA: Tribute to Stupidity in amount of Bullshit?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Moron wrote:From NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) weapon training in the US Army, and my buddy P.O. Brian Maynard (a US Navy nuclear weapons technician), I also know that atmospheric density provides resistance to the explosion, and that cloudcover will affect it, as well.

This and that whole paragraph is DISGUSTING.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Don’t we have some “dress your fucking long URL’s” policy? :lol:
Yes, but I never pay attention anyhow :D
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Rogue 9 wrote:
You do realize that this was the result of many hours of sifting through that entire site, don't you? Its rather hard to keep track of everything, and yes, some repeats did crop up. I would figure it owuld be obvious.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

No, not you. I was referring to The Kernel. I realize that it must have taken a lot of work to do this, and I appreciate it.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Or did you mean the stupidity part? I meant Virus_X for that. Was Virus_X stupid enough to copy the same argument on one page? Not you. Sorry for the mixup.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Tulkas is one of the stupidest pieces of dogmeat to ever grace the internet. Ironically enough, DarkStar himself recently acknowledged Tulkas' calculations regarding the power generation abilities of a GCS on his website (the calculations were based on the TMP novelization, which DarkStar acknowledged was non-canon).

However, I see Virus-X as being far more cowardly than Tulkas. THis isn't to say that Tulkas is a model of courage, but Virus-X has gone through dozens of e-mails simply running away from Mike.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

You see this? For 5 frickin' years now, I get mail about my website being bullshit, and that I made the arguments up to make Trekkies look stupid...

HAH! 8)

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Can you answer me this:

How can someone alone produce so much bullshit? (I mean Virus_X)
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

Tribun wrote:Can you answer me this:

How can someone alone produce so much bullshit? (I mean Virus_X)
Hard practice and a fucked up brain.
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:
Moron wrote:From NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) weapon training in the US Army, and my buddy P.O. Brian Maynard (a US Navy nuclear weapons technician), I also know that atmospheric density provides resistance to the explosion, and that cloudcover will affect it, as well.

This and that whole paragraph is DISGUSTING.
Fucking liar, only officers can be nuclear weapons technicians. I know, I looked into transferring to it.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Darth PhysBod
Youngling

Post by Darth PhysBod »

Dr. Saxton is not a theoretical physicist, but an astrophysicist.
Ugh why is that some people think that if you astrophysics at degree level you somehow skip all the core physics?

It’s as they think the two are mutually exclusive. :roll:
Master of the boffin, Formerly known as Evil S'tan

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) "That's no ordinary rabbit!...that's the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on"
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Virus-X wrote:According to the Star Trek Encyclopedia, a Reference Guide to the Future (Updated & Expanded Edition), normally, full impulse is rated at 270,000,000 kph. That's 25% the speed of light. According to Star Wars, the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the fastest the new X-wing class starfighter can hit is 3,700 G in space; that's about 37,000 kph. An A-wing can hit 5,100 G (about 51,000 kph). In the Star Wars: the New Jedi Order novel "Destiny's Way", a Jedi Knight committed suicide in an A-wing starfighter at 50,000 kph.
What the hell? Can't he differ from acceleration and speed?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
harbringer
Padawan Learner

Post by harbringer »

Somehow I have managed to miss the ignorant and stupid and learned a lot, since vermin-x appears to be both I feel I'm lucky. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but even I can figure out acceleration, so he must be either lying or terminally stupid (the kind you get rid of warning messages for). So why is he bothering at all? he enjoys being embaressed in public??. Masochisim is one thing but arguing with guys that obviously know more about the topic than he does is a recipe for disaster.
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)