Hoiw many years after ROTJ did the Empire fall?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Hoiw many years after ROTJ did the Empire fall?

Post by master_yoda »

I should probably know this..
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

The Empire is still around, but when they admitted defeat to the Rebels was 19 years after the battle of Yavin. They lost political promenence 7 years after the battle of Yavin when the Rebels took over Coruscant.
Last edited by Captain Cyran on 2002-07-12 11:27pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Captain_Cyran wrote:The Empire is still around, but when they admitted defeat to the Rebels was 19 years after the battle of Yavin
Still around!?
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

master_yoda wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:The Empire is still around, but when they admitted defeat to the Rebels was 19 years after the battle of Yavin
Still around!?
Yeah, in fact it is rumered (or they already have i don't read those books) that they will soon be helping the New Republic to beat back the Yuuzhon Vong.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Imperial Remnant.

A small mini empire that still exists - near the rim.
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

TheDarkling wrote:Imperial Remnant.

Is there any ISD's left? What about smaller ships?
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

master_yoda wrote:

Plenty....well, enough are left...and I think they've got acouple of SSD's.
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
master_yoda wrote:

Ah. Thats kinda a shame they surrendered to the NR.Hope they make a come-back.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

master_yoda wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:
master_yoda wrote: Is there any ISD's left? What about smaller ships?

Ah. Thats kinda a shame they surrendered to the NR.Hope they make a come-back.
Yeah, them and the Chiss. :twisted:
Smalleyjedi
Youngling

Post by Smalleyjedi »

Spoilers

No SSDs....Epllaen would have mentioned it sometime during the whole surrender thing. He just says 200 ISDs, and his command is the chimeara. Yes, after the rebels took coruscant the Empire fell apart. Acoalition of moffs led the worlds still loyal, but many leaders went warlord. A couple of years later, thrawn re-united about a quarter of the old mpire to fight he NR in an even match. After his defeat, it was thought all was lost. A year later, the Empeor was reborn in a clone body and he called in Warships from the whole glaxy and from the deep core. Coruscant was re-taken, and the Empire actually was the dominant force for a short time. After the defeat of the reborn emperor, and the retaking of Coruscant and the galaxy shortly afterward, the New Republic was the completly dominant force with a few warlords left fighting each other for control of the scraps of the empire left in the deep core and the outer rim. Daala united a bunch of core wa5rlords by killin them and taking their fleet. She was shortly defeated. No more imperial problems cept a moff trying to pretend Thrawn was actually alive to stop the peace treaty. But by then the NR outgunned them so much they never had a chance. The YV passed by the Remnant, but they have helped the NR once, the battle of Ithor. Also, the Chiss i believe have an agreement with t least elements of the Imperial fleet in their space that may not be affiliated with the Remnant.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Very good summary of what has happened to the Empire.
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Yeah thanks Smalleyjedi
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Hey all the Empire needs to do is build some more WD's & then Make them consume Barren worlds in the unknown Regions. I think that would be cool if they had been doing that ever since they surrendered. What do you guys think?
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

master_yoda wrote:Hey all the Empire needs to do is build some more WD's & then Make them consume Barren worlds in the unknown Regions. I think that would be cool if they had been doing that ever since they surrendered. What do you guys think?
Surely everyone would be using WDs if they were the most efficient way to build things. But they aren't, whatever built the DS2 66% in 6 months is probably more astounding than a WD. It must take incredible human and material resources just to keep 200 ISDs and thousands of smaller ships _running_, never mind the construction of new ones. Besides, aren't WDs lost tech? Or do the Imps still have the plans?
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Personally, the only thing I want to see is the Chiss kicking some severe YV ass.
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Personally, the only thing I want to see is the Chiss kicking some severe YV ass.

i understand the chiss is Thrawns race.What ships do they have? (if any)
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

I don't think it has ever been said what kind of ships they have.