Psychic Vamps vs.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Psychic Vamps vs.

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Ok in some forms of mythology the psychic vampire exists, they drain through proximaty and intamccy, often sapping energy my invading dreams. Or drawing it in through intercourse, or by eye contact. (Eye's being the allegd windows of the soul). So how would the normal vampire hunters deal with these. Especially since they often have other mental talents.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shortie
Jedi Knight

Re: Psychic Vamps vs.

Post by Shortie »

Sunglasses. And condoms.

Or just shoot them.
My wife went to Vorbarr Sultana and all I got was this bloody shopping bag.
Embracer Of Darkness
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Embracer Of Darkness »

Develope psychic shielding through throrough meditation and visualisation. Simple.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Long-range weaponry. You really don't want to get close to some of those types that have stuff like an astral combat seanse. Or another form of basicaly battle precog.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Embracer Of Darkness

Darth_Shinji wrote:Long-range weaponry. You really don't want to get close to some of those types that have stuff like an astral combat seanse. Or another form of basicaly battle precog.
Astral combat sense? That's a new one on me. Long range weaponry would work but as I said psychic shielding would just render the psi-vampire absoloutely impotent.
Embracer Of Darkness

Re: Psychic Vamps vs.

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Or drawing it in through intercourse, or by eye contact. (Eye's being the allegd windows of the soul).
I thought psychic vampires drained energy (prana) through the chakas. :?
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Embracer Of Darkness wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote:Long-range weaponry. You really don't want to get close to some of those types that have stuff like an astral combat seanse. Or another form of basicaly battle precog.
Astral combat sense? That's a new one on me. Long range weaponry would work but as I said psychic shielding would just render the psi-vampire absoloutely impotent.
I've read that on a website before. Its supposed to be the ability to astral project your consiness partly outside your body so you have a video game type of preseption. Also stuff like reading your openents mental paths and the like.

And mental shielding depends on the abilities of the vamp. Some would take alot more than that to stop there powers and even that wouldn't help you if there basicaly a jedi knight with a thirst for pysic energy.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Embracer Of Darkness

Darth_Shinji wrote:I've read that on a website before. Its supposed to be the ability to astral project your consiness partly outside your body so you have a video game type of preseption. Also stuff like reading your openents mental paths and the like.
No, astral projection requires you to be semi-conscious, if not unconscious. I suppose a psychic vampire utterly adept at astral projection could astrally project while conscious but even then, they would have to constantly switch between astral and physical to defend itself, a huge weakness. They can't be in both simultaneously.
Darth_Shinji wrote:And mental shielding depends on the abilities of the vamp. Some would take alot more than that to stop there powers and even that wouldn't help you if there basicaly a jedi knight with a thirst for pysic energy.
Actually it depends on how stupid the hunter was. An intelligent hunter would, before hunting, make sure that they could shield enough to block against any psi-vamp they may come accross. A hunter would probably train half their life before hunting psi-vampires. I mean, you don't see US soldiers going into war with nothing but chainmail, they make sure they're sufficiently beefed-up before going to battle. Doing any less would be suicide.
Embracer Of Darkness

Also, according to an online friend of mine (whom I consider to be an expert in matters such as astral projection and psychic vampirism, and whom I shall not name for her privacy), one can astrally project into the past but not into the future. Therefore a psychic vampire is more than likely devoid of any precognition abilities.