Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vs. Klingons

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Dennis Toy
BANNED

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vs. Klingons

Post by Dennis Toy »

Assuming all the ninja turtles have all their weapons and suddenly a bunch of klingons storm the sewers, who will win.
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Define "bunch".

But anyway, I think the turtles will win. Unless I'm wrong, they've actually shown some skill and their weapons are proven ones, unlike batleths.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Even if it's a lot of Klingons, the tunnels of the sewers usually shown in TMNT aren't wide enough for them to attack in too many a number at any one time.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

The Klingons would need a very significant numerical advantage in order to beat the TMNT.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Klingon's could win with vast numbers, eventually the turtles will get tired I suppose.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Please tell us how many Klingons there are in this scenario.
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

They could probably take out near-infinite amounts of Klingons. They can fight in shifts, some of them can fight while others eat or sleep.
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Shinova wrote:Define "bunch".

But anyway, I think the turtles will win. Unless I'm wrong, they've actually shown some skill and their weapons are proven ones, unlike batleths.
They hold proven weapons. They never actually use them, except to parry.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Drooling Iguana wrote:

Yeah they do. Against robots.
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

neoolong wrote:
Drooling Iguana wrote:

Klingons ain't robots.

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Drooling Iguana wrote:
neoolong wrote:
Drooling Iguana wrote:They hold proven weapons. They never actually use them, except to parry.
Klingons ain't robots.
Are we assuming that TMNT are going to use the weapons as they should or are we using the G rated TMNT?
Joe Momma
Jedi Knight

Post by Joe Momma »

Drooling Iguana wrote:They hold proven weapons. They never actually use them, except to parry.
Depends on which version of the Turtles you're talking about. The original B&W comic Turtles used to kill street gangs and Foot clan ninjas (both of which were armed with melee weapons and ranged ones from bows to handguns) with great regularity. They even killed Triceratons and Foot clan mutants in melee combat despite those foes' greater strength and durability.

Have any of the Klingons demonstrated sufficient fighting prowess to single-handedly engage multiple trained opponents simultaneously and kill them all without taking any injury? Each of the turtles has done this on various occasions in their comic, at least in the earlier iterations.

-- Joe Momma
It's okay to kiss a nun; just don't get into the habit.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Drooling Iguana wrote:
neoolong wrote:
Klingons ain't robots.
And? The fact remains that they use them. And if their lives are sufficiently in danger I doubt they would refrain from using lethal force. They are ninjas after all.
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

neoolong wrote:
Drooling Iguana wrote:
neoolong wrote: Yeah they do. Against robots.
Klingons ain't robots.
And? The fact remains that they use them. And if their lives are sufficiently in danger I doubt they would refrain from using lethal force. They are ninjas after all.
Just use the original Easman and Laird comics. There they don't have any such inhibitions. And Krang actually is more than a stupid silly blob of jelly.
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vs. Klingons

Post by Sir Sirius »

Dennis Toy wrote:Assuming all the ninja turtles have all their weapons and suddenly a bunch of klingons storm the sewers, who will win.
How are the Klingson armed? With Bath'lets only the Turtles take this one easily, if the Klingons have distruptors the fight gets a whole lot tougher the Turtles.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Does this include Splinter and the Hockeystick guy?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Lonestar wrote:Does this include Splinter and the Hockeystick guy?
I think it would just be TMNT
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

neoolong wrote:
Drooling Iguana wrote:
neoolong wrote: Yeah they do. Against robots.
Klingons ain't robots.
When Raphael was attacked by dozens of foot ninjas on the roof of April's antique store in the first movie, he still never actually used his sais. When said ninjas entered the store after defeating Raphael and began attacking the remaining turtles, forcing them to retreat, they still never actually used their weapons.

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

That was a kid's movie. They wouldn't have had them kill even if it meant going out of character.
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Well, since the original poster didn't mention which version of the Turtles we were dealing with, ans since the kid's versions are far more well-known than the comic version, I'd say that it's valid. If you want to specify that we're dealing with the Turtles from the comics, then I can't really debate you since I haven't read 'em.

Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Sir Sirius wrote:
Dennis Toy wrote:Assuming all the ninja turtles have all their weapons and suddenly a bunch of klingons storm the sewers, who will win.
How are the Klingson armed? With Bath'lets only the Turtles take this one easily, if the Klingons have distruptors the fight gets a whole lot tougher the Turtles.
I remember in one episode of the cartoon Leonardo was able to deflect a blast from one of the energy weapons the bad guys were using with his katanas. I can't remember which episode it was, but it shows that his reflexes are at near-Jedi levels, and if disruptor blasts are stopped by metal as easily as phasers are, then they'd be of limited use.

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Drooling Iguana wrote:Well, since the original poster didn't mention which version of the Turtles we were dealing with, ans since the kid's versions are far more well-known than the comic version, I'd say that it's valid. If you want to specify that we're dealing with the Turtles from the comics, then I can't really debate you since I haven't read 'em.
Since this is the comics forum, I would assume that it would be the comics version.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

And would it matter if the Turtles didn't use their weapons to kill?

So we end up with a bunch of unconcious Klingons rather than dead ones. They're still out of it.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Drooling Iguana wrote:
Sir Sirius wrote:
I remember in one episode of the cartoon Leonardo was able to deflect a blast from one of the energy weapons the bad guys were using with his katanas. I can't remember which episode it was, but it shows that his reflexes are at near-Jedi levels, and if disruptor blasts are stopped by metal as easily as phasers are, then they'd be of limited use.
Only Leonardo and Rafael carry metal weapons, Donatello and Michelangole use wooden ones, and Rafaels Sais are too small to do the job. Besides a Katanas blade is only a few millimeters thick, I somehow doubt that it would do so well agains't Distruptors at highest setting.