Flash (when not like an idiot) vs Yoda (ditto)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

ShinjiGohan wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:And amazing the guy who creates the thread ignore the one thing that he LIMITED Flash to.

I don't see Yoda quite able to go c speeds :roll: .

Also I'd like to point out Yoda has other avenues of attacks that every Flash has shown great vulnerabilty to(in fact one of his major villains have and still use it, and most of the times is the greatest vulnerability he has).
I listed the powers of the flash, and I said which ones wouldn't be able to be used due to the limitation. How does that make me an idiot? Flash has more powers that just run really fast and punch a buncha times.
Well...let's see
ShinjiGohan wrote:Ok, the Flash should be well be godly if it wasn't for the fact that he acts like an idiot nearly 24/7. And actually decided to do more than charge in and punch.

to keep it fair, Flash is only allowed to go as fast as Yoda can. But he can still use his other speed tricks.

Who wins?
ShinjiGohan wrote:Flash when not acting like an idiot:

Able to learn at lightspeeds (he learned how to reprogram a nuclear missle on the spot).

Able to give speed. Aka Yoda going from 1000m/s to 1,000,000 m/s. Kinda hard for yoda to adjust to that in the spot. Also can heat up items because he can also give/steal KI. So he can speed up the atoms in the lightsaber or Yoda's body.

Can steal speed, to where Yoda is a statue. Or the electric impluses in Yoda's body to where he can't even think. Also can steal KI, so if something hot comes his way he can make it a nice 70 degrees F.

He has outran instant teleportation (with loads of help of stealing a planets worth of speed).

Time Travel.

Intangability

Infinite mass punches E=mc^2 right

And probably a few others that I'm forgetting at the moment.

now due to the limitation that he can only move as Yoda, that takes out Time Travel and outrunning instant teleportation (aka being in 2 places at the same time).

Assuming that Flash isn't acting like an idiot (as per the thread here). He could slow down the items Yoda tosses at him via TK, slow Yoda down so he's a statue. Land one infinite mass punch, make Yodas temp close to absolute zero, or make Yoda burn on the spot (giving and/or taking KI). Go intangable through all of Yoda's blows, or stop Yoda from even thinking thus being unable to use TK, or much less anything else.

Course this is why they make the flash an idiot in the comics, if they didn't then only godlike beings could beat him, and that makes for bad stories. Heck, Flash should in all right defeat Superman (it doesn't matter if its Prime, 1 million, Sun Dipped, Pre Crisis or whatever) with ease.
Did you forget these dumbass?

So I guess everything Flash is doing with the exception of Vibration powers and speed steal(which I love the extrapoltions to infinity the wank-fesst has been going...since all he's done is minor effect...the bullets were WALTER) Yoda is going to be doing...

And hell maybe not even that since when he was shown at Yoda speeds...he wasn't able to do TENTH of his tricks.

Remember your posts :roll:
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Ghost Rider wrote:
ShinjiGohan wrote:njiGohan
ShinjiGohan wrote:Ok, the Flash should be well be godly if it wasn't for the fact that he acts like an idiot nearly 24/7. And actually decided to do more than charge in and punch.

to keep it fair, Flash is only allowed to go as fast as Yoda can. But he can still use his other speed tricks.

Who wins?
ShinjiGohan wrote:Flash when not acting like an idiot:

Able to learn at lightspeeds (he learned how to reprogram a nuclear missle on the spot).

Able to give speed. Aka Yoda going from 1000m/s to 1,000,000 m/s. Kinda hard for yoda to adjust to that in the spot. Also can heat up items because he can also give/steal KI. So he can speed up the atoms in the lightsaber or Yoda's body.

Can steal speed, to where Yoda is a statue. Or the electric impluses in Yoda's body to where he can't even think. Also can steal KI, so if something hot comes his way he can make it a nice 70 degrees F.

He has outran instant teleportation (with loads of help of stealing a planets worth of speed).

Time Travel.

Intangability

Infinite mass punches E=mc^2 right

And probably a few others that I'm forgetting at the moment.

now due to the limitation that he can only move as Yoda, that takes out Time Travel and outrunning instant teleportation (aka being in 2 places at the same time).

Assuming that Flash isn't acting like an idiot (as per the thread here). He could slow down the items Yoda tosses at him via TK, slow Yoda down so he's a statue. Land one infinite mass punch, make Yodas temp close to absolute zero, or make Yoda burn on the spot (giving and/or taking KI). Go intangable through all of Yoda's blows, or stop Yoda from even thinking thus being unable to use TK, or much less anything else.

Course this is why they make the flash an idiot in the comics, if they didn't then only godlike beings could beat him, and that makes for bad stories. Heck, Flash should in all right defeat Superman (it doesn't matter if its Prime, 1 million, Sun Dipped, Pre Crisis or whatever) with ease.
Did you forget these dumbass?

So I guess everything Flash is doing with the exception of Vibration powers and speed steal(which I love the extrapoltions to infinity the wank-fesst has been going...since all he's done is minor effect...the bullets were WALTER) Yoda is going to be doing...

And hell maybe not even that since when he was shown at Yoda speeds...he wasn't able to do TENTH of his tricks.

Remember your posts :roll:
No I didn't. The limit was pertaining to his movement speed. Course if you knew how to read, you could have figured that out yourself.

Now lets cool at it as someone would if they had a brain.

"Able to learn at lightspeeds (he learned how to reprogram a nuclear missle on the spot)."

hmm, well that is not running speed, hence it isn't included in the limitation. Thus its allowed.

"Able to give speed. Aka Yoda going from 1000m/s to 1,000,000 m/s. Kinda hard for yoda to adjust to that in the spot. Also can heat up items because he can also give/steal KI. So he can speed up the atoms in the lightsaber or Yoda's body. "

hmm, that doesn't pertain to his running speed. As its giving Yoda speed, and/or KE (sorry I meant to write KE and not ki, aka kinetic energy) Thus this is allowed.

"Can steal speed, to where Yoda is a statue. Or the electric impluses in Yoda's body to where he can't even think. Also can steal KI, so if something hot comes his way he can make it a nice 70 degrees F. "

Same as before. It isn't Flashes running speed, hence its allowed.

"He has outran instant teleportation (with loads of help of stealing a planets worth of speed). "

Clearly a running feat, and as I say below, he wouldn't be able to do this.

"Time Travel. "

Not technically a running feat, but is accomplished by running greater than Light aka Yoda speed, and isn't allowed.

"Intangability"

Not a running feat, and thus is allowed. Now moving at speeds faster than Yoda while in this, wouldn't be allowed. But still can be done while moving at Yoda like speeds.

"Infinite mass punches E=mc^2 right"

Isn't a running feat now is it, its a punching. Unless different verbs like running and punching are too much for your brain to handle.

Now, if you want to get technical, and apply Yoda's speed to to how fast Flash can move his fists and/or atoms. Logically giving Yoda more speed, would allow the Flash to move even faster (as Yoda can move faster), and thus allow the rest of Flashes speed tricks like outrunning instant teleportation or time travel.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

You should have used a poll.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Is anyone else's browser displaying the second page of this thread retardedly, with the first two posts squashed to the right and the third to the left or is my browser just fucked up? :?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ah backpedalling.

Concession accepted.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

observer_20000 wrote:Is anyone else's browser displaying the second page of this thread retardedly, with the first two posts squashed to the right and the third to the left or is my browser just fucked up? :?
Mines all messed up too.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

This thread strikes me as a bit pointless. What is the point of comparing a Flash who isn't allowed to use like half of his powers to Yoda who is allowed to use all of his powers? :?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

observer_20000 wrote:This thread strikes me as a bit pointless. What is the point of comparing a Flash who isn't allowed to use like half of his powers to Yoda who is allowed to use all of his powers? :?
Who knows...it strikes me the same as his Hiko thread with limiting Yoda to very few powers.

Just pointless versus combat.

Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

observer_20000 wrote:Is anyone else's browser displaying the second page of this thread retardedly, with the first two posts squashed to the right and the third to the left or is my browser just fucked up? :?
This thread is so fucked up it's not funny. And I don't mean our friend ShinjiGojan here ;)
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

Ghost Rider wrote:Ah backpedalling.
What's he backpedaling? :?:

He originally said that Flash doesn't need his superspeed to beat Yoda. He then gave points as to why feels that way.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

ALL of Flash's powers rely on his Superspeed which rates as his connection to the Speed Force. His running is nothing more then a mental barrier which Waid, Jones and Mesner Loebs have stated is the way the Speedsters access their powers.

By saying he's slower but saying he has the same abilities is refuted in canon during the events Flash #1-75, and the JLE run. Hell Mercury has stated and shown you require a certain level of speed to acquire the speed manipulation...since only three being EVER acquired it and they all accomplished it because of a connection and speed level to which was needed to acquire the connection.

So putting him on Yoda's level...so severly mutilates Flash's abilites...he isn't even at his lowest level, and is unable to even perform a tenth of his abilites.When Wally was lowered in Speed...he LOST abilities.

Literally he's saying he can do abilites without the accompied speed which he REQUIRES, and has been shown in canon.

ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Or it could be that the Flash chooses not to run any faster than Yoda. Yea, real hard to figure that one out -roll eyes-
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

ShinjiGohan wrote:Or it could be that the Flash chooses not to run any faster than Yoda. Yea, real hard to figure that one out -roll eyes-
Why would he do that if he's in a battle, trying to destroy Yoda?
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

even if you say that flash isnt allowed to move at all, he still wins

he can steal speed and make yoda a motionless satatue to rest drinks on

flash is the worst omic cahracter ever since technically he should never ever lose ever

The writers have to be creative just to make him lose realistically ..... and most of the time they dont

he should be able to run aroudn teh globe 500 billion times and solve every crime in 1 second

but instead he has villians who wield weather controling magic wands and boomerangs on thier forehead and guns that shoot ice

keep in cool dry place:
Strider119
Think you can cook? I got a grappling hook
Let's make this quick cuz I'm really booked
I'm a devious degenerate, defender of the devil
Shut down all the trash compactor's on the detention level

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
I bounty hunt for jaba hut
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
I deliver the prize but I still narrow my eyes
Cuz my time I don't like to waste.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

observer_20000 wrote:
ShinjiGohan wrote:Or it could be that the Flash chooses not to run any faster than Yoda. Yea, real hard to figure that one out -roll eyes-
Because you should have looked at the very first post of the topic. go there and your questions shall be answered.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

ShinjiGohan wrote:
observer_20000 wrote:
Because you should have looked at the very first post of the topic. go there and your questions shall be answered.
I have read the first post.

But why take away a bunch pf Flash' powers? If the two were to actually fight, he'd have no reason to hold back.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Well, from what I read, Flash is *always* holding back. Which means that he will always use the amount necessary to defeat an enemy but never more. Which is completely meaningless, since basically saying that his powers have no upper limit except the amount needed to win, the outcome is that he always wins.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

observer_20000 wrote:
ShinjiGohan wrote:
observer_20000 wrote: Why would he do that if he's in a battle, trying to destroy Yoda?

But why take away a bunch pf Flash' powers? If the two were to actually fight, he'd have no reason to hold back.

What bunch of powers are you talking about? So this fight is relatively even he chooses to run at the speed that Yoda can run. And so abilities that use that, are obviously aren't allowed. Like going faster than Yoda (which includes him out running instant teleportation), and time travel.

As for Flash holding back, that isn't really the case, more as he's just an idiot that virtually never uses his powers the way one should, just so the comic books that he's in is interesting.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

ShinjiGohan wrote:
observer_20000 wrote:
ShinjiGohan wrote: Because you should have looked at the very first post of the topic. go there and your questions shall be answered.

What bunch of powers are you talking about? So this fight is relatively even he chooses to run at the speed that Yoda can run. And so abilities that use that, are obviously aren't allowed. Like going faster than Yoda (which includes him out running instant teleportation), and time travel.

As for Flash holding back, that isn't really the case, more as he's just an idiot that virtually never uses his powers the way one should, just so the comic books that he's in is interesting.
*shrugs* Alright, if that's how you want it.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Well the Flash did slow down so that Quicksilver could even have an acceptable fight. So it is possible.