hillary clinton *will* be the next president

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Hamel wrote:I had an affair with Hillary in '98
That's absolutely disgusting. :shock: :P
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Steve wrote:I'll vote for our first female President. :)

Condi in '08!
:D

Rice vs. Clinton would be an interesting matchup in 2008.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: hillary clinton *will* be the next president

Post by Sea Skimmer »

weemadando wrote:
Enforcer Talen wrote: NO ONE will be able to outspend the lying propaganda of the major media 24/7/365 days brainwashing of "dumb" American that Hillary is the greatest American Women since Madaam Curie.
Tell me that you're being sarcastic. Please, any one tell me that he's being sarcastic or intentionally stupid to make a point.
The democrats have openly admitted that about 25% of the country thinks she's a massive bitch and would never vote for her no matter what she did.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

jegs2 wrote:
EmperorMing wrote:Either way the last thing I want to see right now is hilary in the oval office.

Especially since she has been wife to you-know-who.
I have to admit -- that's a nightmare scenario IMO. I seriously wonder if I'd resign my commission if she won the election...
And overnight, the US military collapses, and we get invaded by Canada...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

phongn wrote:
I was the one behind her health-care plan

-->Me<--
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I'd switch my registration to Democrat just to vote against Hillary in the primaries. There are any number of Democrats I'd rather see in the Oval Office instead of her. The only one I can think of who'd be close to being as bad is Lieberman (the only legitimate candidate, I mean--I'd take Clinton over Maxine Waters or Nancy Pelosi).
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Hamel wrote:
phongn wrote:
I was the one behind her health-care plan

-->Me<--
Not surprised, that's more influence than most Congressmen got over that plan.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

Beowulf wrote:
jegs2 wrote:
EmperorMing wrote:Either way the last thing I want to see right now is hilary in the oval office.

Especially since she has been wife to you-know-who.
I have to admit -- that's a nightmare scenario IMO. I seriously wonder if I'd resign my commission if she won the election...
And overnight, the US military collapses, and we get invaded by Canada...
Everybody now: Vote For Hilary! Vote For Hilary! Vote For Hilary! Vote For Hilary!
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

Initiate Reagan clone #7663A-6. That is all.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

4 more years 4 more years :oops: Sorry I thought this was the Regan rally.. Looks at date 2003 WTF I thought this was 1984
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Ted wrote:Everybody now: Vote For Hilary! Vote For Hilary! Vote For Hilary! Vote For Hilary!
Obviously, it's time to mobilize the VRWC. Inform Glocksman that Camp G. Gordon Liddy is due to recieve a new guest requiring extensive reeducation.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Isn't Ted Canadian?

Not that it matters because Camp Liddy is now international in scope.

Following the extraterritoriality precedent of both the Belgian War Crimes law and US drug laws, we now can brainwa..I mean re-educate anyone no matter what their citizenship or country of residence. Our Fallschirmjäg...ah, guidance counselors can descend anywhere within 6 hours of initial deployment.

Turn yourself in voluntarily and it won't hurt. :twisted:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

"President Condoleeza Rice" has a ring to it.

Sorry folks, but a conservative minority of any race/gender will make the Oval Office before a liberal one. The libs will just be seen as too militant or chip-onna-shoulder-ish to be trusted. Not saying it won't happen someday, but the barrier wil have to be broken by someone who won't present too radical an agenda.

A Black or Woman who is Conservative, believes in God etc... will go down a bit easier than a similar person who also avows atheism and radical ideas like gay marriage, etc, that much of the US is not yet ready to face directly.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Except no candidate for President will ever admit to be an athiest, liberal or not. After all, even if the person is a vastly superior candidate for the office, more than a few people will refuse to vote for them becasue they aren't a protestant christian while the other guy is. Likewise, they will never directly make a statement claiming to support gay marriage without a semantic loophole that will allow them to backpedal, for exactly the same reason. The majority of voters have a narrow set of issues that they care about and on the whole don't really care about the best man for the job.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

isnt that what they said about catholics, not too long ago?
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

There's only been one Catholic president, though, and even then, he won by a very narrow margin.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Cosmic Average wrote:There's only been one Catholic president, though, and even then, he won by a very narrow margin.
You can all start panicking the day a scientologist get the job. :wink:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

What you say is true, Gil, but for example even when Bill Clinton openly talked about his "Gays in the Military" ideas, with the appropriatre backdoors installed for backpedaling, it was still understood what his agenda really was-- to get gays in the military.

Having a minority candidate will be a sort of psychological hurdle for Americans to overcome. Perhaps not you or me, or most of the folks on this board, but rank-and-file Americns who are not neccessarily prejudiced per se but simply subconsciously used to certain things being certain ways.

When a minority candidate runs on a comfortable, conservative platform and wins, and the world does not go crashing into the sun, then the average Joe Sixpack will realize that there is nothing to worry about and the way will be open to determine future Presidents the good old-fashioned way: by whichever insanely rich person can use rhetoric and propaganda to sway certain corporations to spend billions to get them in office, the better to grease the wheels of special interests.

And it will no longer matter if the top dog is Black, White, Male, Female, etc! Progress! :D :?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

It reminds me of the one Simpsons episode set in Bart's vision of the future with Lisa as president.

Lisa: "As the first white, heterosexual female President, it is an honor..."

Implying that one day Americans are just going to elect the most minor minority they can for president one day, when they get over their psychological baggage. :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
UltraViolence83
Jedi Master

Post by UltraViolence83 »

If Hillary wins I'll move into the Deep South for four years so her poison won't reach me.
...This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old...ultraviolence.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Like Arkansas?
The Great and Malignant
UltraViolence83
Jedi Master

More like Texas. Or Louisiana. I'm surprised the Clintons came from the south, actually. They seem more like New York or California libby caterers to me.
...This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old...ultraviolence.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Tell a Texan that Texas is part of the "deep South" and you won't be breathing much longer.
The Great and Malignant
UltraViolence83
Jedi Master

Yeah, got to elaborate more. Texans consider Texas about (if not more) important the the actual US...