Dinner

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Dinner

Post by Alex Moon »

Steak with brocolli and roasted potatos. Planning on having homemade soup tomorrow.

What about you guys?
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Cereal. Curse that time difference. :)

But this week, I 'ave been mostly eating - pasta with bacon and cheese sauce. Student life - mainly involves eating making a big pot of something and eating it for the rest of the week until you're sick of it.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

Left over stir fried beef and broccoli with steamed rice. Home cooked, not take out.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Not dinner time here yet so I am having for lunch:

WeightWatcher's Pizza 7p

Damnit 3kg to go...
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

6am here. Ive been munching on not particularly good chinese food for 8 hrs.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Boba Fett
Jedi Master

Post by Boba Fett »

I'm about to finish my Carbonara sauce for the spaghetti which will be ready in 3 minutes.
Visit Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Member of BotM and HAB
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Pizza and Stargate tonight :)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Dalton wrote:Pizza and Stargate tonight :)
Yes! Stargate! EVERYBODY watch, ya understand? I so can't wait. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl (Lewis Black forever). Too bad it may be the last season. But all good things must end. Then there's the movie, then the spin-off...more Stargate in the future folks.

Oh and uh...I think I'm having spaghetti. Ma Ma's sauce is just too good to pass up on Stargate night (formerly known as Friday).
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

King Crab legs and Shrimp.......
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Tonight will be Cincinnati Chili. Four way, that is. :wink:

Last night was pork roast with dumplings, pan gravy flavored with paprika, caraway seed, sour cream and nutmeg, and creamed peas.

And I've been holding off from starting a "What's for dinner?" thread of my own for a couple months. :(
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
Dalton wrote:Pizza and Stargate tonight :)
Yes! Stargate! EVERYBODY watch, ya understand? I so can't wait. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl (Lewis Black forever). Too bad it may be the last season. But all good things must end. Then there's the movie, then the spin-off...more Stargate in the future folks.

Oh and uh...I think I'm having spaghetti. Ma Ma's sauce is just too good to pass up on Stargate night (formerly known as Friday).
If it is the last season, I'm gonna completely SNAP, and you can imagine what that's like!(Lewis Black 4ever)
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

For me Dinner=Supper, but for my grandparents, its Breakfast, Dinner (ie. Lunch), then Supper.

I guess both are correct. "Dinner" comes from latin for “To break one’s fast” (same origin as “breakfast”) and literally means your first meal of the day, but “dinner” usually means your “main” meal of the day, for most this is supper.

So I'll give you both:

Today's lunch was courtesy of the Colonel.

For supper I don't know. I will probably take my open can of tomatoes in the fridge stick that in a pot with green pepper and mushrooms, basil, oregano, bay, chillies, tobasco, olive oil, and pepper. Stick it with some miscellaneous pasta (I have enough dried pasta to last a year... there was a big sale... I also have pasta machine when I'm not too lazy). For protein I’ll munch on some dried/cured Italian sausage I bought yesterday.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

BF... Bacon, egg, and green chilli burritos (Takes a bite)
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

theski wrote:King Crab legs and Shrimp.......
Mmmm.....*drools* Want some company? :D

Actually, I can't. I have a dinner date with my friend Kim. We're going to Bertucchi's? Is that how one spells it? Italian food, followed by a viewing of "The Italian Job." Aren't we cute? :wink:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I've got no idea what I'm having tonight. Of the people I live with, I don't cook the meals, so I have very little say in what the meals are. Hopefully it will be a Triangle Bar Battleship (the best damn sandwich in existance).
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zaia wrote:Mmmm.....*drools* Want some company? :D
Why thanks for offering! Oh, wait, that's for theski isn't it? :|
Zaia wrote:Actually, I can't. I have a dinner date with my friend Kim. We're going to Bertucchi's? Is that how one spells it? Italian food, followed by a viewing of "The Italian Job." Aren't we cute? :wink:
Yes, yes you are cute. Very, very cute. :wink:

Hey, can you let me know if "TIJ" is any good? I'm thinking of seeing it, eventually.

Not tonight, though. StarGate, of course!

Man, I can't wait until 2000, or 8PM for you 12-hour people. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

What ever i feel like making for the family. Something quick and easy. Boiled spuds, fried bacon, and baked beans.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Im not sure what Im gonna eat for dinner. If my buddy brings his Thinkpad over for me to recover the data from the HD, then we might grab chinese.

If he doesnt I might just heat up some soup and save money.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Leftovers: mashed potatoes, baked beans, and meatballs.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Yesterday was prime rib and shrimp. Today, leftover pork chops.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

RogueIce wrote:Why thanks for offering! Oh, wait, that's for theski isn't it? :|
Hey, if you want to take me out for seafood, I'll gladly spend my dinner with you too. :D :wink:
RI wrote:Yes, yes you are cute. Very, very cute. :wink:
You think so? *grins* Thanks, sweetheart. You're pretty cute yourself. :wink:
RI wrote:Hey, can you let me know if "TIJ" is any good? I'm thinking of seeing it, eventually.
Sure thang, sugah. I can't wait! I've heard it's really good. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Zaia wrote:Sure thang, sugah. I can't wait! I've heard it's really good. :D
But then again anything with Edward Notron in it is really good. The guy could turn a nugget 'o crap into a bar of gold if he really wanted to. :)
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
taz
Redshirt

Post by taz »

Spam. :D

"Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing Empire, or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw against one's destiny, what was a king to do?

But does one ever truly have a choice. One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars" - Kain

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

A couple of hamburgers. Lettuce, onions, ketchup, deli-style mustard, relish or pickles, white American cheese and a nice dash of Tabasco sause.
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Hmm, tonight I believe mom is fixing a roasted chicken with some other stuff. Last night we had pan fried crappie and catfish (Caught by myself, of course), with baked 'taters and black eye peas. Good ol' southern cookin', mmmm MMM!