mod abilites (normal members might be confused)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

mod abilites (normal members might be confused)

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

1. Shouldn't there be a merge option? We have a split option.

2. An Admin forum. You know, to discuss things in private. Might not want one though.

3. Should mods be given the ability to give out temp bans? Do you want to keep that power so it doesn't get abbussed or let mods ban? Might be discussed in a admin forum.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Manji
Deimos Sock Puppet

Re: mod abilites (normal members might be confused)

Post by Manji »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:1. Shouldn't there be a merge option? We have a split option.
Seems reasonable
2. An Admin forum. You know, to discuss things in private. Might not want one though.
OK by me...
3. Should mods be given the ability to give out temp bans? Do you want to keep that power so it doesn't get abbussed or let mods ban? Might be discussed in a admin forum.
Defenitely not. Look what happened to SB. People get banned for the dumbest little things.

Also, one of the SB mods is now a moderator here (Lordchaos). YOu wouldn't want him banning someone at SB and then deciding to ban them here for good measure, even though they had not actually done anything banable on this board.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

1. Hmmmm It could Giive Yee To much power.. I FORBID IT! :!:

2. Those of the knowledged must always have a place of refuge aginst the idiocys of modern day sometimes. This shall be fine with me

3. Temp Bans? Hmm though my mind thinks this a somewhat good idea it would be as effective as a real ban
Oh and I don't the BBI board allows for just temp bans(You can maunal ban somone then unban them a week later but its weak at best)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Mr Bean wrote:1. Hmmmm It could Giive Yee To much power.. I FORBID IT! :!:

It's for double topics.
2. Those of the knowledged must always have a place of refuge aginst the idiocys of modern day sometimes. This shall be fine with me
Um, okay :)

3. Temp Bans? Hmm though my mind thinks this a somewhat good idea it would be as effective as a real ban
Oh and I don't the BBI board allows for just temp bans(You can maunal ban somone then unban them a week later but its weak at best)

Erg! Damn you inferior board! 8)
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Know that only I know that which should be know that I know that would will never be know by me!

As for the double topics

.... Prehaps, but the agian that would only work if somone hard posted both topics at the same time otherwise its shear idiociy on the part of the second topic starter who should have looked around to see it there already was a topic by that name

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LordChaos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by LordChaos »

Manji wrote: Also, one of the SB mods is now a moderator here (Lordchaos). YOu wouldn't want him banning someone at SB and then deciding to ban them here for good measure, even though they had not actually done anything banable on this board.
Quiet you! You'll ruin my bid for power.

:D
There is no problem to dificult for a signifigantly large enough quantity of C-4 to handle.
If you're leaving scorch marks, you aren't using a big enough gun.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Temporary bans sound reasonable for small offenses. As it is now, I guess you would have to go back and unban a member if you wanted to do a temp ban.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

LordChaos wrote:
Manji wrote: Also, one of the SB mods is now a moderator here (Lordchaos). YOu wouldn't want him banning someone at SB and then deciding to ban them here for good measure, even though they had not actually done anything banable on this board.

*Considers LC's comments in the SB New Freeman Miltia signup thread*

You boys most certainly should not be allowed to banpeople. I don't need to be banned both at SB and here if I do somethig wrong.
LordChaos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by LordChaos »

Singuler Quartet wrote:
LordChaos wrote:

*Considers LC's comments in the SB New Freeman Miltia signup thread*

You boys most certainly should not be allowed to banpeople. I don't need to be banned both at SB and here if I do somethig wrong.
I have yet to abuse my possition at SB.
There is no problem to dificult for a signifigantly large enough quantity of C-4 to handle.
If you're leaving scorch marks, you aren't using a big enough gun.
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

Singuler Quartet wrote:*Considers LC's comments in the SB New Freeman Miltia signup thread*

Whatdya mean 'boys'? Only LordChaos is a mod both here and in SB!

Ban him! Ban him!
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin