MMOG Players

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Have you played MMOG's?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 11

Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

MMOG Players

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Hey all! Are there any other MMOG players out there! You know who you are, paying that flat, monthly fee for your hours and hours of that online fix! Come out, and say who you are, and what games you've played!

Me, I've played EverQuest, and a little bit of Shadowbane.
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

I've played the beta to Eve: Online. Excellent game, I thoroughly reccommend it.
:D
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Online games are, for me, prohibitively expensive and ultimately unrewarding due to the massive lag etc...
LordChaos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by LordChaos »

I'll admit it. I play Everquest (or Evercrack as you could call it). Course, less time to play now that I'm working.
There is no problem to dificult for a signifigantly large enough quantity of C-4 to handle.
If you're leaving scorch marks, you aren't using a big enough gun.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Do MUDs count for this?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I used to play Dark Age of Crapelot. Now I'm waiting for Galaxies.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: MMOG Players

Post by Rob Wilson »

Vorlon1701 wrote:Hey all! Are there any other MMOG players out there! You know who you are, paying that flat, monthly fee for your hours and hours of that online fix! Come out, and say who you are, and what games you've played!

Me, I've played EverQuest, and a little bit of Shadowbane.
I'm in the same camp as Ando, I just don't see the reward. If I want to level up, I have Diablo2, if I want to interact with people online I have here and ASVS. I admit the idea of Galaxies has me intrigued, but where the hell do I find the time to make it worthwhile? Why pay a Monthly Tariff whe i would be playing for maybe an hour a day tops?

After I retire, maybe.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Me, I play because I had way too much free time. A bad combination of atrocious town design, Nazi parents, xenophobia, and an empty house led to me being stranded in my own house over the summer and most of the year, so, this helped alleviate the boredom. Now that I have less (MUCH LESS) free time, I don't play anymore.
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
DeadM
Padawan Learner

Post by DeadM »

I had a Everquest demo where you got 30 days of gaming for free, then you had to pay. It got boring because all I did was to run out, kill some Orcs, Bies, Rats, Spiders etc. go back, sell things from hunt, buy something and start over again, but sometimes level up. Got to Level 7 I think.